[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of relevance in videogames world you won't find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
In terms of relevance in videogames world you won't find a franchise most important than this 3.

Super Mario
Sonic
Megaman

>Maybe Street Fighter.
>>
Never played megaman but hasn't it been dead for a while now?
>>
Wrong.

The real big three making big money are Call of Duty, Clash of Clans and Candy Crush.
>>
>>334313354
Angry Birds
>>
Megaman has been dead for a while.
Sonic's only relevant nowadays because of the Sonic twitter account.
>>
Pacman
Mario
Megaman
Sonic

That's the mt.rushmore of videogames.
>>
>>334313153
Tetris
>>
>>334313153
Tetris has sold more copies than those three franchises put together.
>>
File: 1343605119921.jpg (18 KB, 465x351) Image search: [Google]
1343605119921.jpg
18 KB, 465x351
>>334313153
>videogames world
>>
>>334313153
>2 dead franchises and one in terrible need of a break/reboot/injection of virgin blood

definitely very extremely important lmao
>>
File: 1447658713087.png (61 KB, 136x165) Image search: [Google]
1447658713087.png
61 KB, 136x165
>>334313153
Um, excuse me! *closes eyes and shouts*
What about Sans from Undertale! :3
>>
mega man is fucking g irrelevant and always has been. I don't know why people put him on the same level as mario and sonic. even spy ro the dragon is more well known than mega man these days
>>
>>334313153
Switch Megaman for Pikachu
>>
serious, y NOBODY gives a shit about mega man outside of autists on the internet. PAC MAN, even crash band icon is more relevant. how about larA Croft? Mr halo? Donkey Kong?

>>334317907
>>
>>334317907
>>334318186
>Underage tries to samefag
Shameful display. son
>>
>>334318109
YES
>>
>>334318267
it was a co it u at ion of my previous post you fucking yeti bitch
>>
>>334318384
Just go to bed already, you can't even write properly.
>>
>>334313153
Actually in a poll conducted years ago it was found more people know pac man then mario.
>>
>>334317907
Megaman is life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSR_TFMirs
>>
>>334313153
More like Pac-Man, Mario and Pikachu.
>>
In terms of current relevancy, more people probably know Luigi, Peach, and Bowser than they do Mega-Man.

Sonic's a joke these days.

The real top three are Mario, Pac-Man and Pikachu. Honorable mention goes to Ryu, Link, and DK.
>>
>>334313153
>Megaman
Yeah, no. I hadn't heard of Megaman at all until I was a teenager, and even then I only knew it by name.

If you were to ask any random person to name 5 video game characters, the list would definitely include Mario as well as one of the following:
>Lara Croft
>Sub Zero
>Sonic
>Pac-Man
>Yoshimitsu
>Space Invaders*
>Zelda (with a handful of Links)
>Halo Man
>Callum Dewdy
>Spyro
>Crash Bandicoot

So, culturally, those guys are the most important.
In terms of the development of video games, you'd have to pull up some serious reference charts to really make any sort of claims but those three franchises overlap quite a bit and only one of them is still really thriving (if even).
Tetris, Pong, shit like that are more important for the development of games. Fucking Sim City is miles more important in every category than Megaman (unless Megaman clone games are you criteria for all of games).
>>
>>334318186
>Mr halo
His name is Master Chief you fucking degenerate
>>
>>334318783
The joke's on you, you piece of shit. I actually have a degree in English from the university of w our ester. I was purposely using poor grammar and false words to make myself seem aloof. It's called appealing to your target demographic, something you obviously wouldn't understand, you an obese bean shaped loser who probably dropped out of school because he was too scared to go to school because of all the wedgies. How does it feel to wake up every morning and look in the mirror and see your still fat and ugly, as big as a house? Get a life you fucking geek
>>
File: 1.gif (168 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
168 KB, 375x375
>>334319806
>I actually have a degree in English from the university of w our ester.
This is too much man, you're killing me. Come back when you have a real degree
>>
>>334319679
>Yoshimitsu
>Sub-Zero
Fighting game characters really aren't as well-known as you think outside of the gaming world. Adults who have never played a video game could name Mario, Lara Croft, Pac-Man and may be able to recognise the likes of Sonic, Pikachu, Crash and Link but Fighting game characters are literally who's compared to them.
>>
>>334313153
You forgot Master Chief.
>>
File: 1373465136982.jpg (158 KB, 508x537) Image search: [Google]
1373465136982.jpg
158 KB, 508x537
>>334313153
>what is Pokemon
>>
The only relevant franchises in Smash are:

Mario
Pokemon
Zelda
Fire Emblem
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy

Maybe Kirby and Donkey Kong
>>
>>334319802
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
>>334320072
I forgot Pikachu* (and Charizard)

>Fighting game characters aren't as well known
Yes, you're right, but Sub Zero was a cultural icon in the 90s right up until Mortal Kombat became a 3D fighter/complete shit and other games overtook them in the 'violence' category.
He's pretty well known, referenced heavily in TV for years. Significantly more recognisable than Megaman, I threw in Yoshimitsu because I recall Tekken being incredibly popular when I was a kid and I've not encountered a whole lot of people who don't remember Yoshimitsu. He'd certainly be on the lower end of the scale, but you'd likely get a mention of him or maybe Ken from Street Fighter (but not Ryu).
>>
>>334319802
>>334320453
Its Captian King fucking nubs.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.