[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that this is a meme game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2291x1373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2291x1373
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that this is a meme game?
>>
>>334305058
>any game that isn't on my platform of choice is a "meme" game
>>
>>334305058
>any game that I don't like is a "meme" game
>>
>>334305762
>>334305805
This
>>
>>334305058
What the fuck is a "meme game?" Define that term and we'll talk.
>>
>>334305762
>>334305805
>>334306209
>people pretending to like this game just cause its exclusive
>not a meme game
>>
>>334306354
"meme game" is a meme
>>
>>334306473
Obviously fuckwit, but what is the meaning of it?
>>
>>334305058
You just have to look at it from a higher plane OP, you need more eyes.

I'd rate it a 7-8/10.
>>
le dust has le settled maymay xDD
>>
>>334306619
I would explain but you were an asshole

Eat a dick
>>
>>334306354
>>334306619
Games with over abundance of pop culture references and 4th wall breaking

And games reputation being a meme like "lel HL3 confirmed guiz" or "Supernan 64 is literally the worst gane guiz XD"
>>
>>334306459
>people pretending to like this game just cause its exclusive
Has more interesting combat than and souls game.
>not a meme game
Its not.

>>334306785
>I would explain but you were an asshole
>Eat a dick
Can't come up with a reason why the game is bad.

>>334306872
It's not a meme game then.
>>
>now that the dust has settled
can we stop this please. I hate that phrase
>>
>>334305058
It has the best level design, monster design and combat out of any of the souls games. I sincerely hope it gets a port so poor people can play the pinnacle of the souls series.
>>
>>334305058
I liked it. Fuck this post.
>>
>>334306872
So with that said how in the loving fuck is Bloodborne a meme game?
>>
It has a better story than DaS3... better lore, more visceral, more depressing quests (which is what I enjoy in a souls game).

It's an excellent game, much better than DaS2. Slighty better than Demon's souls and almost a tie for DaS1.

It might still be better than DaS3 but it's too early to tell.

Honestly if you're a souls fan and you skipped bloodborne, you're a faggot.
>>
>>334305058
What the fuck is a meme game?
>>
>>334307431
Hey buddy! Head over to my post! It's titled "it's just the better game". See you there hunteroony!
>>
>>334306872
First of all, that's an astonishingly stupid way to determine a game's quality. Secondly, Bloodborne fits none of those, so even if their presence did make a game bad, they wouldn't apply here.
>>
>>334307201
>actually being a bloodborne fag
>>
>>334305058
>I don't like a game b/c a lot of people like it. So it must be a meme game.
>>
>mash2win
>Infinite stamina make every boss fight trivial
>only 1 good area
>all strength weapons play the same, while you don't get a decent skill weapon until 20 hours into the game
>linear builds, and linear level design after Yharnam
I love when people praise mediocrity.
>>
>>334308989
>half truth, only with certain weapons
>infinite stamina doesn't trivialize anything
>false (which one? I'm curious)
>false (hunter axe, kirkhammer, beast claws are all completely different STR weapons) and false (saw spear can be obtained 5 minutes in, ludwigs can be used as a skill weapon)
>linear builds? What the fuck is that and false, game is linear but levels themselves aren't
>>
>>334308989
I think bloodborne is fucking incredible, one of my GOATs, but what do you consider the "one good area"?

(I hated nightmare frontier and parts of forbidden woods fwiw)
>>
>>334308838
>Actually liking a game
>You must be a (name of game) fag
>>
>>334308989
>>334309427
Central Yharnam promotes exploration and makes proper use of shortcuts.

But after that section, the rest of the game is just running from point A to point B. If the game kept consistent with Yharnam's design, it could have actually easily topped DaS in terms of level design.
>>
>>334305058
Don't disparage games without providing specific criticisms of them, you might as well be a Sonygger if you're going to stoop to that.
>>
>>334309718
I disagree but thats fair enough.

>/v/: the best place for reasonable discussion of vidya
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.