[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of the FEAR series? I'm playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: FEAR.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
What does /v/ think of the FEAR series? I'm playing the first one on PS3 (yes worst port) and its a solid shooter so far. The psychological horror is a nice change of pace from jump scares in other games, Are the other 2 any better? Should I get the expansion packs?
>>
1 is probably the peak.

but 2 is still serviceable, you probably shouldn't bother with 3. but if you're one of those that has to close the book on a series, it's not actively on fire terrible.
>>
>>334300597
3 is better than 2
>>
>>334300287
> I'm playing the first one on PS3

You deeply disgust me.
>>
>>334300287
FEAR 1 had one of the best AIs I ever saw. The details and the atmosphere made it a extremly good game.
For an FPS I would rate it 9/10.

2 is okay but somehow removed many features from the first FEAR.

3 is total garbage

I got them all with a hundle bundle years ago and replay FEAR every 5-6 months.
>>
>>334300287

FEAR 1 was the best - a pure PC game. I even liked the expansions. FEAR 2 was still a good game but a little dumb downed and the story wasn't as good. Less spooks outside of the beginning levels. The expansions were fun, especially the one where you play as a Replica soldier. Still, a competent shooter but a step down from the original. FEAR 3, while a decent shooter, was a huge step down from the original. The story was fucking stupid and it was an ignoble end to the series.
>>
I haven't played FEAR 1 since it first came out. I'm going to go find my CD and reinstall it. What's the best way to play? No slow-mo and hardest difficulty?
>>
File: FEAR (12).webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FEAR (12).webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334300287
Extraction Point was good. Oh yeah, webm bread.
>>
Why even bother with a psychic commander?

I mean, sure it would be cool, but the military has a fuckhuge advanced command, control, and communication system. Once the psychic commanders proved to be unstable, why not keep churning out replicas and just using a regular human chain of command?
>>
>>334300852
>F3AR is better than Fear 2
No its not
>>
File: alien.gif (2 MB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
alien.gif
2 MB, 350x242
>Far Cry 1 released in 2004
>Half-Life 2 released in late 2004
>FEAR 1 released in early 2005
>still playing HL1 mods
>me thinking games would get so much better in the next few years and that the HL2 mod community would be even better than HL1's
>games start regressing and the HL2 community is a shadow of HL1's

What the fuck happened? If I knew what vidya would become I would have quit then and there.
>>
>>334301518
>Console babby detected
>>
>>334300897
FEAR 2 has a better story and better spooks.

>>334301412
I dunno, they just kind of turn off when Fettel dies. Maybe the problem is that having a bunch of purpose-bred clone soldiers developing personalities and possibly turning on you is harder to control than one psychic dude?

Who's even controlling Replicas in 2? Keegan? Alma? I know in the DLC Fettel makes an appearance, but before that?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.