[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
>a streamlined, linear region
>bland, unmemorable, one-dimensional characters
>piss easy difficulty (Megas, Exp. Share, gym leaders only having three Pokémon, etc)

Kids nowadays don't have the patience to go through challenges. They have become so exposed to Smartphone games, that they are conditioned to look for instant gratification. GameFreak has made this assumption that the only way for them to bring kids back to playing Pokémon games is to casualize them and make them easier than ever before. If there is a point in the game where a kid is unable to figure out a puzzle or complete a battle, they will give up and move on to another game. They no longer have any obligation to stick with Pokémon when there are other games readily available. Games that compete for their attention.
>>
dont you need to be a grown up to post on this board
>>
>>334295556
>>>/vp/
>>
Please return to your board, thank you.
>>
>>334295556
>I finally know why
It's pretty miserable to have epiphanies thinking about pokémon plot and gameplay.
>>
>>334295556
>gym leaders only having three Pokémon

i actually really like this. Why don't they change it so you can only bring in 3 pokemon as well?
>>
>>334295556
>I think I finally know why the Gen 6 Pokemon games felt so underwhelming

Maybe it's because you've grow tired of Pokemon games. It's the same shit every time with 100-200 new pokemon to catch.

You've grown to realize... it's the same shit... all over again. And you're sick of catching every single pokemon for the 10th time.
>>
>>334295556

>the only way for them to bring kids back to playing Pokemon games is to casualize them

Impossible. The game was always max casual.
>>
More like the people in charge of it thinks their main audience are children as opposed to man children and women children. They try to appeal to the casual (even more so than the usual) audience and neglect their original consumers.
>>
>>334295556
All the they need to do
>Start game
>Yo what how hard you want it brah
>Easy (what this shit currently is)
>Medium
>Hard

They can even make a gimmick pokemon that has a different appearance depending on what difficulty you are on to promote trading.
>>
File: 1354561158563.jpg (26 KB, 460x421) Image search: [Google]
1354561158563.jpg
26 KB, 460x421
I think it's more due to the cancerous philosophy sweeping over modern Nintendo IPs (Pokemon technically being a joint-owned IP, but still one of the big-name "nintendo" titles) that games must be accessible to all, over everything else.

If shiggy or some other Nintendo vets get their claws in Splatwoon you can probably expect to see it dumbed down even further somehow.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>I regurgitate opinions by SJW autistic PokeTubers: the post
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.