[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Big boring grind >terrible animations in battle >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
>Big boring grind
>terrible animations in battle
>the most generic battle system ever
>story is barebones
>characters are less developed than an embryo
>copypasted dungeon designs

This game was mediocre to bad all around. Why did you lie to me and claimed it was good?
>>
>listening to /v/ about anything
>>
>>334292879
Should have bought neptunia.
>>
Damn this is some tasty bait.
>>
NEXT ORDER WESTERN RELEASE WHEN?
>>
I wish ReDigitize was even half as good as the original Digimon World. There's just something about the first one that sets it above the rest of the games. The atmosphere is amazing and little to no story with an emphasis on exploring really made it something special.
>>
>>334292879
I (unironically) agree with you. Bought into the hype, got the game, even finished it in 50 hours. Ended up thinking that it was very mediocre. It desperately wants to be a Persona-like title, but falls flat with it's boring convoluted plot and lack of anything to do in the real world. The only good part were the digivolutions
>>
File: 1459276502893.png (280 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
1459276502893.png
280 KB, 394x600
Ami is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>334292879
>>characters are less developed than an embryo
Exxx-cellent...
>>
>>334292879
I know this is bait and all but you could at least make it a little less obvious.

>>334293334
Neptunia is garbage. Not "garbage" like OP claims Cyber Sleuth is, but literal garbage. The games are terrible, the characters are terrible, the music is terrible, the combat is terrible, the stories are terrible, the fanbase is terrible.
>>
>>334293981

I know right? GOTY all years.
>>
Cyber Sleuth? More like Cyber Poo, amirite?

I agree with most of the list. Digifags even tout that the game is deep for having a two-pronged type system and more than 4 moves per Digimon, but at the end of the day you're either playing braindead on normal or using a handful of specific digimon on hard.
>>
>>334295084
Felt to me like an SMT lite. Not exactly a bad thing for a JRPG.
>>
>>334292879
Digimon fans just really want to be taken seriously, is all
>>
Have they announced Next Order for the west yet? Did Cyber Sluts sell enough?

Also, we all agree that Lillymon is best Digigirl, right?
>>
File: 1460522557390.jpg (24 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
1460522557390.jpg
24 KB, 435x326
>>334292879
>>Big boring grind
Depends, if you dont know how to utilize items, it will be a boring grind.
>>terrible animations in battle
It's a vita game. Even for a Vita game it has some decent looking animations.
>>the most generic battle system ever
I can agree with this one. Some tracks are charming and atmospheric though.
>>story is barebones
Not really. Playing as a cyber detective is pretty rad and the end is pretty fun.
>>characters are less developed than an embryo
Once again, stick to the end to ejoy the fullest.
>>copypasted dungeon designs
Some terrains and etxtures are indeed alike. However, some area's do spice things up.
>>
>>334292879
bait, etc. etc
>>
>>334295616
The grind isn't bad at all, even without items, unless you want to plat the game. OP is just a faggot.
>>
>>334295616
Completely agree with this. The only thing I'd add is that the multiplayer is unbalanced as fuck.
>>
>>334294861
Your opinion is terrible, the remakes are better and V2 is actually good
>>
>>334294861
Neptunua is the #6 game of 2015 in Japan, it already has more merits and accolades than Cybersleuth.
>>
It looks like it belongs on the Gamecube.
>>
>>334296097
>but muh sales

lmao
>>
>>334295616
It's a boring grind even with items. Just a random battle spam attacks and repeat for the next few hours running in circles.

I probably really should have bought Neptunia.
>>
>>334296270
>sales
You have no clue what I'm talking about do you?
>>
>There are humanoid digimon
>But no actual fucking monster girls
>No harpies, lamias, slime girls, octogirls, ect ect

I do love that one digimon is a FUCKING TRAIN, but the roster needs work
>>
>>334296306

So basically you can't git gud.
>>
File: 1453831337968.png (756 KB, 819x579) Image search: [Google]
1453831337968.png
756 KB, 819x579
>>334296306
If you dont spice things up yourself than it's your own fault. I kept using different Digimons and the battles felt seldom the same. I always used different (signature) attacks.

>I probably really should have bought Neptunia.
Well you bought Digimon. You can still buy your Nepnep. Thanks for the 1 extra sale though, lad.
>>
>>334296573
It is what it is.
>>
>>334296020
>>334296097
Well, I'll start by saying I haven't played the spinoffs or the PS4 one. So if those are actually better then my mistake. But the several Neptunia games I've played were truly awful. I played the first three PS3 games and the Vita remakes. They improved but even the best one was still a bad game.

Also sales mean jack shit when otaku are known to buy up any turd with pandering in it. Sales in general are a terrible metric of a game's quality, so I'm not sure why you brought it up unless you're just shitposting.
>>
>>334296306
So you don't like JRPGs. Because Cyber Sleuth is no more grindy than any other JRPG out there. And it's funny you want to whine about grinding and then say you want Neptunia. You're going to be in for a rude awakening once you play them.
>>
>>334296160
Makes sense considering it's a vita title, and the vita is somewhere between a gamecube and a ps3
>>
How could anyone ever need to grind in this game? Even on hard mode it's fairly easy. The last few chapters you can basically pull an FFVIII and eliminate random encounters altogether and still make it through okay.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.