[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna buy this but I'm afraid it's too memetastic. Is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
I wanna buy this but I'm afraid it's too memetastic. Is it?
>>
It is. I didn't particularly like 3 and 4. 2 is god tier though.
>>
>>334289383
2 is the only good one.
>>
>>334289383
Extremely. It's also pretty much a clone of 3 so if you didn't like 3 don't bother with 4.
>>
if you like fun you'll like it.
tho it's better to play 3 first since 4 is just a glorified dlc for 3
>>
Anthony Burch is a DLC character.
Take that as you will.
>>
>>334289769
>if you like fun you'll like it.
>>
>>334289383
No, it's a great game. The entire series is great.
>>
If you have an xbox 360, it's going to be free for gold users in a couple of days.

Also memes is a stupid reason to not like a game. Unless they are constantly spammed or something.
>>
>>334289383
I'm pretty autistic and I wasn't bothered by the memes
although Saints Row 3 is much better. (2 is better than either of them, but it's a little different)
>>
>>334289794
Taking it another way, you can let Anthony Burch get his ass kicked by aliens.
>>
>>334289383

It's better than 3 in that at least it acknowledges the rest of the series but it's no where near the quality of 2. Really its the best of a bad situation. Given that they had to have had a lower budget they did well with what they had and instead of crapping all over the people that enjoyed 2 they acknowledged the criticism. Unfortunately it pretty much cements the new direction they took with the series. It's superpowered curhazey from here on out. No more being a gangsta.
>>
>>334289623
>>334289692
>>334289983
Is this a dank meme or something?
>>
>>334289383
Not really no. I'd play either Saints Row 1-3 before the newer ones, they are better. Starting at 1 is best since it is a continuing series, if you start at 2 there will be things you don't understand. SR1 is quite an old game now but if that bothers you maybe stop playing games altogether.
>>
>>334290182

If a good game is a meme then I suppose yes.
>>
>>334289383
Such a good game! Though the console versions are laggy as shit, so if you can, get it on PC.

Runs well on a toaster too
>>
>>334291000
lol, ment to say fun. Pretty funny also
>>
>>334289383
it's just stupid fun superhero shit

might as well pick it up since it's cheap now
>>
>>334289727
>It's also pretty much a clone of 3
Yes, because I do so love that part in 3 where I could run faster than cars, leap over buildings, lift tanks with my mind and freeze people with my farts.
Oh wait, none of that was in 3.
At least play the fucking games before you spout shit.
>>
>>334292869
>Oh wait, none of that was in 3.
Cheat codes you dense mother fucker. Also I said "pretty much" not "100% clone copy".
>>
>>334293143
3 - tongue in cheek gangster game
4 - Superhero game on crack

Just because they used the same engine and had the same basic controls does not make them remotely alike.
>>
>>334293432
The game literally started as DLC for 3. To deny that it's kind of a rehash is silly.
>>
I've never played a saints row game, and am getting 4. Not a big deal, right?

Being able to run and jump to supernatural levels sounds appealing because I hate having to drive around giant empty cities, so I'd rather run and jump ala xenoblade x
>>
>>334293432
Do you even read what you type before smashing your face into the keyboard to post? Same engine, same gameplay, same city, same super power shenanigans as the Trouble With Clones DLC, game was developed from a DLC pack that the management turned into a new game, but noooo, it's completely different.
>>
Playing Saints row 3 right now, it's fun as hell. SR2 was great as well, but wasn't the pc port shit?
>>
>>334293786
PC port of SR2 was bad, yeah, but can be fixed pretty quickly. Mostly cars being fucked: too fast, and terrible maneuverability, iirc.
>>
>>334289383
It'll be free on xbone this month anyway
>>
>>334289383

do you even know what the word meme means>
>>
It doesn't really have any memes, I don't get where people are getting that from. It's just very vulgar and not even a little serious about itself.

Saints Row 2 was a good game and it's a shame that 3 pretty much abandoned everything from it, but 3 & 4 are great on their own.

4 is basically like when you'd try out all the cheats in GTA to moonjump and run fast and have infinite ammo and shit, it's fucking great fun and lets you just go completely crazy with weapon upgrades and powers.

If you want a true follow up to San Andreas, that focuses on satire and fun missions over realism and storytelling, go with 2. If you want Cheat Codes: The Game get 3 or 4.
>>
File: 4L_uHR0ckWS.gif (2 MB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
4L_uHR0ckWS.gif
2 MB, 196x300
This whole MEME thing v spouts is a meme in of itself. Just buy it it its fun. And the writing is really well done. And I say this as someone who thought it would just be "lol so random"
humor...
>>
>>334293615
>>334293703
>WAAH IT WAS A DLC
I don't see how this holds any bearing on the games quality. You shoot, you jump, you freeze people, and other fun shit. I don't know how people can say this game is bad from a game play perspective
>>
>>334294369
I didn't say it was bad. I said it's a rehash.
>>
>>334289383
The game is a clusterfuck of lolsorandom bullshit that makes no sense whatsoever. It's also very fun to play. Runs great on toasters, too.
>>
>>334289383
Not memey, just fun.
>>
Pirate it, motherfucker. it solves all your fucking worries.
>>
>Predator and Armageddon reference in the first 20 minutes of the game

I knew I was gonna like it
>>
>>334289383
It's a better version of 3. I enjoyed it
>>
Dude. Can you stop using "meme" as an adjective? It's not.

The game is fun if you want more Saint Row 3 with Super Powers.
>>
>>334290182
SR2 has always been almost universally acknowledged as the best in the series.
>>
>>334295381
Well memed my friend.
>>
>both SRIV and GooH punish you for actually wanting to have fun by having bosses show up at max notoriety

Whoever thought that was a good feature needs to be shot. Even though you can kill the boss in GooH in milliseconds, it still resets everything.
>>
>>334295545
Please. I know that it's /v/ and ect, but can we stop with the overusage of memes? It's like /v/ is transforming into 9gag at this point with all the "What did he mean by this" and "I want to fuck that rabbit" jokes.

It's just so annoying. People sound like they are 12 yo kids in classes yelling dank memes at each others.
>>
>>334295762
Are you memeing me right now friend?
>>
>>334295762
>he thinks /v/ isn't full of those very same 12 yo kids now
>>
>>334295762
>People sound like they are 12 yo kids in classes yelling dank memes at each others.
That's because the average age of /v/ IS 12.
>>
>>334295762
Maybe if you whine more everyone will stop.
>>
File: v v have changed.jpg (77 KB, 696x618) Image search: [Google]
v v have changed.jpg
77 KB, 696x618
>>334295831
Sure, I know the population age is low, but come on. We used to have at least some standard at how many memes by sentences we could do. Now if you dont Banepost while He posting you are the odd man out.
>>
>>334295964
4chan is no longer a secret club, normies and kids now infest the place and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do to change it now.
>>
File: bullshitdetector.gif (40 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
bullshitdetector.gif
40 KB, 400x236
>>334295964
>We used to have at least some standard
>>
>>334295943
>dont talk about the problem! It will fix itself

Sure bro. People are so quick to jump on Tritags, but extreme meme posters?
>>
>>334290182
It really is the best you fuck. Reason being that it's like San Andreas but with lots of options and fun activities. 3 and 4 try too much to be funny but are also great games. 2 is good cause it's not that outrageous. Definitely the best of the 4
>>
>>334296041
4chan was never a secret club. I've been here 8 years. Everybody knew about 4chan 8 years ago too.

But it seem that we went overboard. And 8 years ago we had rage comics and Rickrolling.
>>
>>334296049
See what you don't realize is that jumping on tripfags is the meme. Its memes all the way down kid.
>>
>>334296197
Of course I know it's a meme. But we used to be able to have some kind of shred of a discussion under all the "memes".

And I'm a guy who love the study of memetic behaviors, but fuck.
>>
>>334296126
people knew about /b/ 8 years ago, then /v/ turned into /b/ lite until later becoming /b/ 2.0.
>>
>>334296049
You misunderstand. I don't care if you stop talking about anything, just realize your posts will do nothing to solve the problem they're complaining about.
>>
>>334295964
I can honestly see in this comic the appeal that rage comics once held for me and so many others, I just don't know what happened that made me hate these faces so much now.
>>
>>334296283
Evening/late night threads actually get discussion.
Although that's becoming rarer now too.
>>
>>334296283
There was a good thread yesterday night about virginity and women, if you want there is still room for a few insights here and there but at this point ive basically trained myself to skim and ignore the twenty shitposts that surround every post of value.
>>
>>334296329
reddit and the internet at large got ahold of them.

You can fucking buy rage face themes for the PS3 now.
>>
>>334289817
what?
>>
>>334296452
I know thats it but it seems shallow and nonsensical when I think about it. Like how is the same comic any less funny because a bunch of 12 year olds are in on the joke? But somehow it totally is. Maybe I just grew out of it.
>>
this game was shilled hard by the devs here, along with 3

don't fucking buy it for more than $10

The movement powers are fun to use, but everything else is just bleh because they forget that you need challenges to feel powerful. You play it for like 5 hours and just fuck around and then you have experienced the whole thing. The writing is self indulgent in a way that makes me think the writers don't know how mediocre (not bad, but mediocre) it is.
>>
>>334296579
>don't fucking buy it for more than $10

There's a steam sale right now for the Saints Row games so it's five bucks. It's probably why OP was asking about it.
>>
>>334289692
>>334289623
>>334289983
>>334290138
>>334294213

I don't get this. 1 and 2 were like shitty GTA ripoffs. Like its what poor kids played to save $5. 3 at least changed the formula to at least differentiate it.

>>334289383
I don't remember many memes in it, but I don't browse reddit/funnyjunk/9gag/whatever like most of /v/, so I don't always know a meme when I see it.

If you liked 3, you'll like 4. Just don't pay too much for it, its a lot like infamous.
>>
>>334296664
I'll say both 3,4, and GooH are worth 5 bucks.
the PC version of 2 is a mess, but worth 5 bucks once you mod it.
>>
>>334289383

Ignore faggots going about 2. It has easily the best story out of all the saints row games, but also the most terrible gameplay. It's also a shockingly bad port that runs worse than fucking arkham knight despite being a much older game, even with mods.
>>
>>334296797
1 was just a bland and crappy GTA copy but 2 while still a GTA ripoff was one that wasn't super dreary and serious as the then current GTA, GTA IV. It looks like shit and the gameplay is very arcadey compared to GTA but it's packed with shit to do, is super customizable and has a story that's actually fairly enjoyable.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.