[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did 7th gen last so long and 8th gen is already over? people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Final-Fantasy-XV-TGS-2014-3.jpg (2 MB, 2538x1080) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XV-TGS-2014-3.jpg
2 MB, 2538x1080
Why did 7th gen last so long and 8th gen is already over? people were squeezing out performance from the 360 and the PS3 up until the very end, while it's only been 3 years into the Xbone and PS4 and they're already dead. Fuck, Sony's already trying to come up with an upgrade, the PS4 is already too out of date, and the Xbone performs even worse. It's possible Ratchet and Clank will be the peak of PS4 performance, and again, it's only 3 years in. Ubisoft has already given up trying to get better graphics out of current gen. Are Microsoft and Sony just lazy? 7th Gen represented a real hardware upgrade, 8th gen was out of date on release and is already cracking at the seams, as people have noticed with FFXV. It just seems weird how we could go form a 7 year gen to a 3 year gen. I know people complained about 7th gen being too long, but this is too short if anything.
>>
Because of faggots like you
>>
File: 1460588551477.png (330 KB, 657x433) Image search: [Google]
1460588551477.png
330 KB, 657x433
Whose ready for the next great film. It will sit along the likes of titanic and avatar
>>
PCs caught on even more
>>
There's no real tricks to console hardware anymore. There's nothing like the Cell processor or the Byzantine multi-processor layout of the Sega Saturn.

It's pretty straightforward PC-style hardware, just with lower-level APIs, unified memory, semi-custom GPU, and embedded memory.

Developers can pretty much tap into all the power from day one.
>>
8th gen failed to convince me to buy. I who have bought a console for every generation up to that point, and often more than one.
>>
>>334287364
Diminishing returns on current hardware, you can only keep consoles cheap while upgrading hardware for so long.

Also, the game industry is on the verge of another massive crash, so there's that.
>>
>>334287364
PC architecture is already known.

What was once finding out how to max dedicated and specific gaming hardware is now working with known architecture that was outdated before hitting the shelf.
>>
>>334288019
let's hope this is the last console gen.

consoles only hurt developers now, especially smaller ones.
>>
I never understood why anyone would prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard hunched over a small monitor. I'd much rather play with a actually controller playing on a large screen TV sitting on my comfy couch. Then again this is 4chan land of the under age faggots. Op the answer is simple video games are unfortunately dying out.
>>
You sire are fucking moron go back to playing Minecraft on your gaming rig that mommy bought you.
>>
>>334290528
>Connect PC to TV
>Connect Controller of Choice to PC
Jokes on you, I enjoy muh mods and muh graphics from the comfort of my couch every day.
>>
>>334290528
I never got why they'd want to play on a handheld. a tiny screen and poor speakers?

no thanks.
>>
So you love PC gaming but play with a console controller hooked up to a TV? Your a console gamer my friend.
>>
>>334290749
not everyone is a nerd tech wizard, guy. I just want to plug it in and play.
>>
>>334290950
consoles are just gimped PCs.
>>
>>334290964
this is bait right?
>>
ffxv, ni no kuni2, kh3, the last guardian, and persona5 will be my last console games.

not only are the developers just copying and pasting outdated PC specs to their consoles, but console exclusive games just aren't doing it for me anuymore.
>>
>>334290964
Even normies know how to use shit like Chromecast or Fire to stream to their TV, I doubt stuff like Steamlink is any harder. Are you saying console gamers are dumber than soccer moms with tablets?
>>
>>334287364
>Ratchet and Clank could be the peak of PS4 performance
Strongly disagree with this. The graphics may look stunning, but there's no way that a 30 FPS game with slightly better graphics than PS3 will be the peak.

t. R&C PS4 owner
>>
>>334290950
There's nothing wrong with HTPCs.
>>
>>334287364
Moore's Law caught up to consoles.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.