[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no mini map or quest makers >no NPCs suggesting to you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Dark-Souls-III.jpg (140 KB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-III.jpg
140 KB, 740x416
>no mini map or quest makers
>no NPCs suggesting to you what's next or environmental clues
>just a random cluster fuck mish mash of areas with no coherence

Is it actually possible to complete this game without a guide? I've been forced to use the IGN guide to let me know where to go next and I feel like the experience is being ruined but I have no choice. I mean, howe the fuck are you supposed to know that you need to learn a gesture from a random corpse then travel to the other side of the map and use that gesture in a really random spot so you can magically teleport to the middle of bumfuck nowhere?

Is it just poor Nip game design yet again?
>>
niceme.me
>>
>>334287150
http://nicememe.website/
>>
>>334287083 (You) (You) (Fuck) (You)
nice meme, memer

git gud
>>
>>334287150
>>334287236
>>334287256

>souls tards yet again can't do anything except shitpost.
>>
>>334287083
I really hope this is bait for (You)s
>>
>>334287236
http://nicememewebsite.website/
>>
These games spawn so many bait threads for some reason
>>
>>334287325
http://nicememewebsitewebsite.website/
>>
File: 1459823734551.png (283 KB, 344x377) Image search: [Google]
1459823734551.png
283 KB, 344x377
Play Demon's Souls
>each level is like a unique adventure
>can start in any of the five worlds
>tons of nooks and crannies to explore and shortcuts, but all paths lead to the end of the level
>gameplay requires you to learn from mistakes, master enemy patterns, and use your abilities and items effectively
>level design, enemy design, and atmosphere are top notch and always keep you on your toes

Play Dark Souls
>world is a convoluted mess
>only one main path to take that you need to figure out through trial and error
>All the key NPCs are hidden in some far corner of the map
>none of the basic mechanics are explained at all
>half your time is spent aimlessly wandering to figure out what arbitrary bullshit the game wants you to do next or what random fucking item you need to open some path
>whole world is one big giant fucking maze because the devs decided to make everything interconnected to scale
>latter half of the game is borderline unfinished and is empty and sterile
>boss and enemy design are derivative and repetitive
>>
>>334287398
http://nicememewebsitewebsitewebsite.website/
>>
memes aside you do need a guide for the NPC quests
>>
>>334287083
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334287421
>3-1
>KEEP FALLING IN THAT ONE HOLE EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW IT'S THERE AND WALK EXTREMELY SLOW BUT YOU STILL MANAGE TO FALL DOWN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334287306
Shitposting in a shitpost thread, keeping it where it belongs.
>>
>>334287083
I actually felt as though I had enough clues to get where I am so far, level 44 like two bosses ahead of Abyss Watchers but the extinguishing the flames was a bit obscure for my taste. Any specific places you're having trouble with OP?
>>
>>334287421
>>only one main path to take that you need to figure out through trial and error
>>All the key NPCs are hidden in some far corner of the map

Which is it, faggot?
Is it one big main path, or are there branches and large maps?
>>
>>334287478
http://nicememewebsitewebsitewebsitewebsite.website/

>>334287676
>but the extinguishing the flames was a bit obscure for my taste
>the messages on the ground literally fucking tell you to do that
>>
>>334287773
Sorry, mang, I don't read messages often.
>>
>>334287773
http://nicememewebsitewebsitewebsitewebsitewebsite.website/
>>
>>334287676
After killing nutsack tree. Had to look up a guide as early as that.
>>
>>334287421
>world tendency
>>
>>334287083
DeS = BB > > DaS > DaS3 >>>>>>>>>>> DaS2
This is the 2016 updated fact about soulsbourne games
>>
File: 1459640041374.jpg (801 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459640041374.jpg
801 KB, 1080x1920
There are messages on the ground from the game itself giving you clues or they just straight up tell you what to do.

Exploring is essential in Dark Souls so get to it.

Even the NPCs you talk to tell you what to do with certain items and the crestfallen bro near the bonfire gives tons of hints.

I seriously don't get what people are complaining about. If you want to do the more obscure shit you just need to work for it. Read every item, explore everything, talk at least 3 times with NPCs and be on the lookout for gates, hidden entrances or holes.

Having said all that, JESUS CHRIST THE SWAMP WHERE FARRON KEEP LIES IS PURE CANCER. Finally got through after two hours of fatrolling.

"The eternal struggle" is central to the game so never give up brehs.
>>
>>334287421
>>tons of nooks and crannies to explore and shortcuts, but all paths lead to the end of the level

But III does this, it really feels like a true DeS sequel.
>>
>>334288542

That's a nice picture, I'm going to save that if you don't mind.
>>
File: 1458720559098.gif (3 MB, 509x710) Image search: [Google]
1458720559098.gif
3 MB, 509x710
Post rare pepes
>>
>>334288532
DaS3>BB>DaS>DeS>DaS2
This is fact
>>
The only thing that is needlessly vague is the dragon gesture teleportation.

The rest is pretty fucking easy to follow.
>>
>you need to learn a gesture from a random corpse then travel to the other side of the map and use that gesture in a really random spot so you can magically teleport to the middle of bumfuck nowhere

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>334288751
It's yours to take bby <3
>>
>>334288878
and the NPC quest lines
>>
I'm thinking of getting this game. Is OPs claim true? How would you get to the next level if you don't know where it is?!

Also they say that people can join your game while you are playing and kill you. Is there a way to disable that? That doesn't sound fun. Is there an easy mode mod yet, or maybe cheats? The game sounds hard, and I don't like dieing and restarting
>>
I quite like the way they've donethe world in 3. It's true that itsbliner in the since that it pushes you from area to area but each area seems to have so many nooks and crannys to explore that it ends up working out for the best. So far I've only explored the swamp like area which leads to farrons keep and the cathedral of the deep. Its no dark souls 1 but it xomes damn close.
>>
>>334288542
OP was so lazy, he pirated the game and didn't bother installing the online crack
>>
>>334288542
you're bro for typing all that but this thread is full of trolls and bait, dont bother
>>
Yep, completely impossible.
Might as well not bother to play the game anymore, OP. Sorry.
>>
>>334289040
Nah those are just like they've always been, any souls vet knows this shit by know.
>>
>>334287083
Hahaha go back to world of warcraft holy fucking shit.
>>
>>334289101
Honestly of you've never played a souls game I wouldn't get this game because you're just gonna bitch and moan. Go play an older one first or deal with it.
>>
>>334287676
Literally just found out about it from exploring
>>
>>334289460
not really, they are far more complex now and a good deal of gear is locked behind them
>>
I say fuck the no armor upgrades. Total bullshit Miyazaki. You are not a genius. That was just one of the bad ideas from BB that you convinced your team was correct. Armor is only for looks again? Why the hell invest in Vitality. The armor is shit.
>>
>>334289979
Vitality increases your armour scaling
>>
>>334289654
Are you serious?

>find guy
>talk to him exhaust all dialogue
>goes back to firelink
>talk to whenever you get new dialogue
>give book if he's a sorcerer or pyro or fire link lady

The last guy I did you literally just send out to pillage and he comes back with loot, another you just literally died and he gave you 5 free levels. Shit is simple, you must have skipped the DaS and DaS2 questlines which were more annoying.
>>
>>334288532
Hi Sonygger.
>>
File: 1460591727191.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460591727191.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>altering appearance doesn't let me change my characters gender
so, should I just start over again to play as a cute girl?
>>
>>334287306
If you need a big obnoxious arrow at all times telling you EXACTLY where to go, you have no right to call anyone else retarded.
>>
File: twisted fucking psychopath.jpg (379 KB, 1140x940) Image search: [Google]
twisted fucking psychopath.jpg
379 KB, 1140x940
>>334287083
This game isn't anywhere near as good as Des and Das. It's just a lazily designed cash in. But jesus christ, could it kill you to make a real point against the games flaws? It's not that fucking hard to do.
>>
File: reversal_ring.png (23 KB, 193x233) Image search: [Google]
reversal_ring.png
23 KB, 193x233
>>334290248
>not playing as a cute girly boy
>>
So I just met Patches in the Cathedral. Can I actually get over there? Is the treasure real?
>>
Is it just me or did the game look fucking incredible in the first third or so and then gradually got more and more unpolished and shit looking?
>>
>>334287083
Please tell me this is bait and this much casual isn't here
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.