[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1456823552274.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456823552274.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Dark Souls 1 is actually extremely overrated?

>Loses points at the get go than because it's derivative of DeS
>Boring as fuck levels
>Terrible pacing compounded with the non-linearity
>Few memorable bosses when compared to every other game in the series but DS2
>Low-tier OST
>Graphically worse than DeS
>Feels completely unfocused and falls apart near the end
>Lots of half-baked ideas
>More bullshit bits than DeS or BB

A majority of the hype comes from retards who never played DeS and saw DS as a massive revelation. It's still a fantastic game, but compared to the rest, it's one of the worst in the series.
>>
>>334285968
DaS=BB>DeS(First one I played)>>>DaS2

Verdict is still out on 3 but I really like it so far.
>>
just replayed it, was still good senpai

also whats the point of comparing them exactly?
>>
Dumb mongoloid poster
>>
>>334286139
>also whats the point of comparing them exactly?

pecking orders need to be established
>>
File: 1455027136731.png (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1455027136731.png
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>334285968
>>
File: Chaika, think.jpg (83 KB, 510x625) Image search: [Google]
Chaika, think.jpg
83 KB, 510x625
>>334286336
>>334285968
What games let me play as a Chaika?
>>
>>334286678
PSO2, I think?
>>
>>334286270
Why? Why can't we all just enjoy the things we like, without having to categorize everything arbitrarily like a bunch of autists?
>>
>>334287103
>arbitrarily
I don't think you know that that word means.

No one is saying it's bad, just not as good as the rest of the series A mediocre Souls game is like a 9/10 relative to other games.
>>
File: 1460319469525.jpg (70 KB, 496x798) Image search: [Google]
1460319469525.jpg
70 KB, 496x798
>>334285968
>low-tier OST
>>
>Terrible pacing compounded with the non-linearity
Isn't the whole point of the game that you can just go at whatever pace you want and go wherever? Also
>implying non-linearity is bad
>>
Yeah I replayed most of it before DaSIII's release and I have to say, when you compound the fact most of post-Anal rodeo sucks, that leaves
>Undead Burg
>Undead Parish
>Depths
>Blighttown
>Sen's Fortress
>Anor Londo
and if you want to throw in the optional areas as well
>Valley of Drakes
>Catacombs
>Darkroot Basin/Garden
>The Great Hollow/Ash Lake
That's not a whole lot in terms of areas. Sure they eat up a good chunk of the game but they're all rather short, and only take a lot of time if it's your first souls game as you'll be taking it slow.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic game but people seem to put too much value in too little of what it has.

>>334287437
It's ass.
All the songs sound mostly the same and they're just so lackluster
>>
>>334286678
Chaika probably
>>
We have this thread all the time. It devolves into nothing, but bickering, shitposting and no one gets anywhere.

Please stop trying so hard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.