[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Marvel try making good video games? I mean with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Marvel.jpg (24 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
Marvel.jpg
24 KB, 748x748
Why doesn't Marvel try making good video games? I mean with DC you have the Arkham series, you have Injustice, but all Marvel pumps out are phone games. You'd think they could make a killing considering how popular their movies are, right?
>>
>>334284661
Their strategy is pumping out mobile shovelware. I'm not too sure but I think it has something to do with Disney.
>>
Because Marvel's thing is taking money hand over fist from dumbass normies with the least amount of effort possible and it works pretty well for them.

Having said that, aren't the Lego Marvel games and Disney Infinity supposed to be decent?
>>
>>334284661
>implying DC has good vidya
Arkham games are the only good ones, you fuckwit, and even that franchise went to shitter.
Injustice only applies if you like fightan and only retards do.

Spidey has had one or two good games, the Ultimate Alliance games were okay'ish. Deadpool game wasn't too bad. The PS2/XBOX-era Punisher game was fucking brilliant. First Batman game on NES is a classic... Other than that, capeshit games are pretty horrible.
>>
>>334285073
Lego Marvel games are "decent" but they're still Lego games.
>>
I'd probably buy a Captain America game if they stole the Arkham gameplay.
>>
>>334285345
We have enough counter-to-win games already.
>>
Real games don't make money
>>
>>334285073
My fucking cousin is all over that shit. He has fours lego games in the 360 that play exactly the same way and he does nothing in the game except collect every character, wipe out the game data and reestart from scratch.

When I was his age I was playing fucking tomba, digimon world, resident evil and tim to kill. What the fuck can I do to educate him on osmething beyond that trash? I have no idea about the xbox.
>>
Because Disney only wants mobile games now.

And Infinity, but that only exists to ride Skylanders' popularity.
>>
>>334285952
Nigga, shut your jank ass up, he's having fun, let him be.
>>
>>334285952

Sorry, the skinner box works for a reason.
>>
File: 1429595657534.png (304 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1429595657534.png
304 KB, 396x396
>>334285952
Lay off, at least he's actually playing the titles to the end and clearly having fun.
>>
>>334284661
The Lego Marvel games have been pretty fun
>>
I always wondered why no one hires capcom to make some of their games.
I know capcom is shit, but the people they have are talented and skilled. They know how to make a good action game. Imagine a captain america fame in the style of Devil May Cry, or an ant-man adventure game ala okami. My dick would be diaminds.
>>
Because unlike Star Wars, Marvel isn't actually all that profitable overall. Nobody buys comics anymore, so all they have making them money are the movies, mobile games, and to a lesser degree Marvel Heroes. Why do you think they've done a New 52 style wipe in the comics and turned every character into a woman or gay? It's because they're desperate to get SJW hipsters who love the movies to buy the comics. And it is failing because now the people who were buying the comics to begin with want no part of this god awful new version and nobody new is coming in.
>>
>>334286594
If Disney ever wanted to get into the Esports gaming business, they could always go with Capcom for a MSH2.
>>334285345
There's already one just like that based on The First Avenger movie.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.