[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Emulated Sega Genesis games >Available on any 3DS model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Sonic-3D.jpg (157 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-3D.jpg
157 KB, 600x300
>Emulated Sega Genesis games
>Available on any 3DS model
>Full, beautifully added 3D
>Consistent performance
>$6 a game

>Emulated SNES titles
>Available exclusively on NEW 3DS models
>No 3D added, or anything for that matter
>Stuttering at times
>$7 a game

Somebody justify this.
>>
>>334281030

Nintendo is full of shit when it comes to virtual console, the amount of classic games for each console is laughable, how con you be so shit that your handheld can't even run N64,gba and SNES games while their titles CAN look and perform better than that?.
>>
>>334281175
>how con you be so shit that your handheld can't even run N64,gba and SNES games while their titles CAN look and perform better than that?.
You can't be this retarded. Holy shit.
>>
>>334281175

Emulation isn't as easy as, "This hardware is stronger than this console, it should be able to play any game from it!"

That being said, you're still right about the available library being a fucking joke. There's no excuse for that.

They made GBA titles Wii U exclusive to try to encourage more Wii U sales. SNES games are New 3DS exclusive just to try to get more people to upgrade.
>>
Those 3D Sega games aren't emulated, they're ported. That's why they run better.
>>
>>334281449
>>334281568

I know you can't JUST emulate it, but when a fucking cellphone can emulate that shit (albeit sort of buggy in some cases) you'd expect the company behind the original games and with enough cash to do this would at least do this in a better way than a bunch of fans on the internet that do not get paid.

The 3DS HAS the power to run games with N64 graphics, so, why doesn't it? Is it THAT hard to do when you have an teams and teams on people that specialize in videogame and console engineering?

Fuck Nintendo for this, I support them and love their games but this is a joke.
>>
>>334282062
Smart phones have had stronger hardware than dedicated gaming handhelds for almost six years, now.
>>
Sega does what Nintendon't.
>>
>>334282003
Actually they really are emulators running regular roms. You can inject any genesis rom inside those 3D Classics and it will run just fine.
>>
>>334281030
The legend never dies.
>>
>>334281030
The genesis games are totally rebuilt from the ground up by hardworking port masters.

The super nintendo games are pure emulation done for a quick buck.
>>
>About the injection: Yes, infact the 3D SEGA Classics games do use a MegaDrive/Genesis emulator. I believe all the extra features (Sonic 1 spindash, including the 3D effect) are applied directly into memory (VRAM I guess?). So, in the end, internally, they use simple ROM .BIN/.GEN files of the games. This is confirmed by extracting the ROM files from the RomFS file, decompressing them using the tool here and running them in any emulator on PC.

The 3D Classics are actually emulated. Genesis rom injection is possible if you have a hacked 3DS, I have Sonic 3 Complete on mine.
>>
>>334283285

So what happens if you put any Genesis game into it? Does it play normally, or does the 3D fuck with it? I know the game won't magically become 3D because that has to be added to the rom, but because native Genesis roms don't have 3D I'm curious if there's a conflict that makes it unplayable.
>>
>>334283472
Nah, nothing really happens.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.