[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Emily Rogers correctly leaked Paper Mario U! That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Emily Rogers Paper Mario U.png (66 KB, 544x217) Image search: [Google]
Emily Rogers Paper Mario U.png
66 KB, 544x217
Reminder that Emily Rogers correctly leaked Paper Mario U!

That makes her a reliable source.
>>
>>334280068

Why isn't she fired yet
>>
>>334280068
> it is NOT another Sticker Star

> reliable source
>>
>>334280068

When ppl say it's sticker star, they mean the presentation.

Sure this won't be another as, but it will still retain ss aesthetics but with a different gimmick.

What this definitely ain't is PM64/TTYD
>>
>>334280502

as=as=sticker star
>>
>>334280435
Nice comprehension
>>334280502
Go away Emily
>>
>>334280471
god fucking damn it
>>
>this broken clock accurately told the time once so it must be reliable
>>
>>334280471
>>
>>334280696
>>334280435
Do you faggots not understand sarcasm?
>>
>>334280471
fug u
>>
>>334280471
damn it
>>
>>334280471
joke's on you, I thanked Immunity Cat.
>>
>the only people calling her a liar are jealous

Fuck off, Tamaki.
>>
File: 8536923.jpg (177 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
8536923.jpg
177 KB, 500x598
>>334280068
Us nerds, right? XD
>>
File: Capture.png (224 KB, 918x1060) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
224 KB, 918x1060
Does shit like this piss anyone else off? How the hell is the Nintendo fanbase in the wrong here? He just spouts off a bunch of ridiculous nonsense that is never true, then backtracks to cover his ass. People get tired of him acting so fucking pretentious and THEY are in the wrong? What?
Also he genuinely seems to believe that he is the reason that NoA brought Devil's Third to the US. How can one man have such a bloated sense of undeserved self-importance?
>>
>>334281861
Me too, actually. I've taken to spending a lot of time discrediting them. They really don't like people being reminded that they're full of shit. Rogers blocked me, despite the fact that I never even messaged her directly. That's the kind of person we're dealing with. I think they JUST love the attention.
>>
>>334281861
No, he was right, proved to be right in the end, but from the minute he said something Nintenbabies didn't want to hear they began running around screaming throwing their shitty diapers against the wall crying.
>>
>>334281861
Well considering Nexon was going to publish it days before, he probably is right. Nexon is still publishing the PC port.

Then again you're probably one of the morons who think Devil's Third is a 1st party game.
>>
>>334280068
>leaked
Several months after everyone.
>>
>>334282943
Not a single one of his """"leaks""""" have ever been correct.
>>
>>334280068
IS were revealed as working on a WiiU game in December 2015 through a series of ads.

Why does everyone forget this?
>>
File: Tamaki is an idiot.png (136 KB, 1853x689) Image search: [Google]
Tamaki is an idiot.png
136 KB, 1853x689
>>334281861

Also to add to this
>Banned from the Gaf for being unreliable and making up stuff
>Waits for others to display info then piggybacks
>Deletes tweets where he was proven wrong
>>
>>334282943
>proved to be right in the end
In what situation was he "proven" right?

Everything he reports is either speculation, things that happened in the past that Nintendo never comment on, or things other people already said
>>
>>334283014
NoA said they always had plans to bring Devil's Third to the US and they were excited to have the title on Wii U. Fuck off
>>
Why on earth haven't people dismissed Emily Rogers years ago? Every single time she says something on twitter media outlets literally write articles about it. What kind of fucking bizarro world am I living in where people conveniently forget about her patently false statements every time?
>>
>>334281861
It's not worth paying attention to them.

The people who make a living off having friends who work at game companies and nothing else are desperate to maintain attention otherwise they don't get to eat. Therefore they don't really care if something they leak is dubious or simply not true. It's not about being right, it's about getting your name in articles and getting ad revenue/patreon money.
And this guy in particular has the extra caveat of being a bit of an asshole.

If you want interesting leaks that are rooted in reality and not self-interest, look at people who actually get paid for working in the industry, e.g. Serkan Toto, Takashi Mochizuki, etc
>>
>>334283646
>It's not worth paying attention to them.
When every news site considers every comment from them as legit, it's difficult to pay attention to them.
>>
>>334283602
I did dismiss her years ago, I've been trying to convince people ever since, but everyone thinks she has some reliable connection to all of Nintendo's secrets. I'm surprised that's not a harder sell for people given she is WRONG EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>334283602
>>334283918
Compile a fact sheet showing all the times she was wrong then
>>
>>334283959
for starters you could just look at the OP image. Fucking retard.
>>
>>334283918
>I'm surprised that's not a harder sell for people given she is WRONG EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

This is what's so bewildering. She is literally That Kid and practically nobody notices. Having been out of the Nintendo fanatic loop for years it wouldn't bother me but the news always leaks out into other spheres.
>>
>>334280068
>local sandwich artist has Parkinson's
>sandwiches always come out all messed up
>one day his medication works right
>the sandwich comes out fine
>gets promoted for it
that's how you sound, OP
>>
>>334283959
It's hard to chronicle these things since these people meticulously delete their claims every time they're proven wrong (Emily actually deleted an entire site at one point).
And I'm not obsessive enough to create a dedicated watchdog site about internet idiots, but here's a taste of her bullshit http://wiiugo.com/emily-rogers-last-wii-2-rumours-well-sort-of/
These people live off piggy-backing and attentionseeking, nothing more.
>>
>>334284268
>>334283959

Compounding the problem somewhat, she's been known to mix her own claims with variants of other more credible rumors circulating, and so superficially can claim some level of reliability. There's also the fact that vague claims can be retrospectively interpreted as correct.
>>
She's nothing but an attention whore at this point
>>
>>334284192
>sandwich artist
>>
>>334284268
>E3 2011
>Pikmin 3 is guaranteed to be there and playable on the new home console.
Wrong!
>Soul Calibur 5 is a launch title.
Very wrong!
>Ubisoft is planning three launch titles.
Well there were 4, not 3. Not a hard guess given Ninty and Ubi's past dealings.
>Nintendo wants to launch with a big first person shooter title.
Z-ZombiU? Does that count? Like fuck that counts
>Smash Bros. is in development, but by a different team of people.
Vague, but potentially referring to the namco switch. Funny, because this prediction comes a year before smash development started
>Rockstar is working on something for the system, but it might not be at E3.
It wasn't at E3 or anything else. Did you misspell Rocksteady?
>There will not be a hard drive.
True!
>Nintendo has improved their online system significantly.
True!

Now, keep in mind she said she would retire and never post again if ANY of these were wrong.
>>
>>334280068
>posting fake tweets
>people actually believe them
>>
>>334286305
She's been wrong more than she has right
Not to mention anybody can make a really broad general guess of what's going to come out and possibly be right eventually
>>
>>334284268
This. And keep in mind, they have a tendency to only push stories that are very considered by NEOgaf to be very likely to happen in the near future.

For example, there were all sorts of signs that Paper Mario U was in development, and Earthbound Beginnings getting released indicates Mother 3 is on the way.
>>
>>334281861
Sending someone death threats for posting a rumor isn't "in the wrong" to you?

You're a sociopath, please seek some professional help before you snap.
>>
>>334280292

Fired from where?
>>
>>334287510
It's not acceptable and it'd be great if it were gone, but it's also part of the territory when dealing with teenage autists who tweet about video games all day.

In any case, this guy likes to play up the "abused blogger" angle. When someone tells him to take a long walk off a short cliff after tweeting repeatedly that Nintendo's E3 is pure shit 24 hours before and after the show, he counts it as a "death threat".

Make no mistake, online abuse isn't justified, but it doesn't make the guy any less of a hack or an asshole.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.