[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoonfeed me please, I've been away on a work trip. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (225 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
225 KB, 1200x650
Spoonfeed me please, I've been away on a work trip.

Is the PC port good?
Are the bosses as forgettable as DaS2?
How's the online? (Performance and covenant-wise)
How's armor and weapon variety?
How's the difficulty? (Memorable encounters with smart enemies or tracking, move-chaining mobs of enemies?)
How's the soundtrack?
Any throwbacks to Dark Souls 1 or completely disconnected?

The fate of my 60€ hangs in balance, /v/.
>>
>>334272807
>Any throwbacks to Dark Souls 1 or completely disconnected?
The game is one big love letter to DaS.
That's all I'll say not to spoil it, but I enjoyed it as much as I did DaS and BB.
Measures beyond DS2.
>>
Bad Port
Good Bosses, though some are too easy
Online is good but Invaders are now encouraged to work with PvE enemies since there's like a 70% chance of the Host having a summon
Armor is great, weapons are very forgettable
Difficulty is great, it feels very natural in progression; the AI is fair but employs very different tactics now
Main menu theme is incredible but I've mostly not noticed the music otherwise
It's very keen on reminding you of DaS1
>>
>>334272807
Everyone will have their own opininons anon.

Personally, as someone who has played since Demon's Souls on PS3, I can tell you that this is a Souls game done right.

Is it better than the original Dark Souls? I can't say yet. But if you enjoyed Dark Souls and Demon's Souls you will enjoy this game guaranteed.
>>
>>334273176
>Main menu theme is incredible but I've mostly not noticed the music otherwise

Nameless King music is also very good.
>>
I'm would've just passed by this thread from some redditor, but
>work trip
Stop trying to fool anyone. SCHOOL trip.
>>
>>334273639

It's 2016 and people here have grown up along the years.
>>
>>334273714
It is THE CURRENT YEAR, but you'll stop being underage in THE CURRENT YEAR + 2
>>
>>334272807
>Is the PC port good?
If you have an Nvidia graphics card it might crash on you from time to time.
>Are the bosses as forgettable as DaS2?
Some of them. Look up deacons of the deep or yhorm the giant.
>How's the online? (Performance and covenant-wise)
I like the changes to covenants but haven't seen a few be effective yet, it might be because I'm progressing faster than most other players. I've not seen one darkmoon blade, wolf covenant (I forget the name but I joined and queued for a ehile), or whatever the something faithful covenant is.
>How's armor and weapon variety?
Pretty good. There are a lot of weapons brought back from earlier games and references to DS1 in item placement. You can't get away with not wearing armor now.
>How's the difficulty? (Memorable encounters with smart enemies or tracking, move-chaining mobs of enemies?)
You'll get tired of feeling obliged to look behind every corner, at every ceiling, and check for traps on the floor. Aside from that it's middle of the road.
>How's the soundtrack?
Can't say much for this. Sound cues are good and the music feels appropriate, but after I got the first Lord of cinder killed I lowered the volume substantially and started listening to podcasts and putting early Simpsons seasons on my other monitor.
>Any throwbacks to Dark Souls 1 or completely disconnected?
Already mentioned. Tons. You fight a stray demon on a bridge. There are a few Ds2 items but I can't think of throwbacks to it.
>The fate of my 60€ hangs in balance, /v/.
Buy it. It's not a lot of money and a good way to spend some time.
>>
>>334274195
I wanted to add that the enemy models in this game are amazing. Body horror is either as good or better than Bloodborne. Hand monsters, literal hollows filled with sentient maggots, spider women, the dragon torso transformation. I love this game repeatedly disgusting me. Also, fuck the giant enemy crabs.
>>
>>334274195

Sounds good. Bought it.

>100k people playing right now on PC

Damn we've come far since Demon's Souls.
>>
File: 1329905568624.jpg (21 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
1329905568624.jpg
21 KB, 432x480
>gtx 660 2gb
>i5 2500k
>8gb RAM

How well will it run?
>>
>>334273035
>big love letter to DaS.
Not only DaS but DeS also, see:
notMaiden in Black
Storm Ruler
Irithyll Dungeon/spoiler]
>>
>>334274195
Deacon was a great multiple enemies battle, the best so far in the souls series.
Yhorm was easy as shit, but a pretty fun fight for the solely cause of the sword.
For me the most forgettable was the second boss
>>
>>334272807
>Is the PC port good?

Their a framerate drops and crashes. Their are potential fixes but it may not work
>>
>>334274807
I can get 30+ FPS with a 750ti and an 8 year old quad-core on med/high settings. Resolution is 1680x1050, though.
>>
>>334274195
>If you have an Nvidia graphics card

People with AMD cards have also been reporting crashes
>>
>>334273176
>feels very natural in progression; the AI is fair but employs very different tactics now

Stop. Stop. Stop.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.