[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decision Making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: bravely-second-cover.jpg (178 KB, 880x400) Image search: [Google]
bravely-second-cover.jpg
178 KB, 880x400
Let's talk decision making in games.

As an example, i will talk about how Bravely Second outclassed Fire Emblem Fates in this aspect.
Wathever you mind think about both games, both have decision making as a big component.

Now, why did Bravely Second give a better experience in this aspect? Simple.
All decisions have their ups and downs, both characters have a logical and reasonable reason why to defend their position in every scenario and the main characters do have a legitimate reason and arguments to back up their (your) choice.

That's where Fates fails.
(This section may contain spoilers)
Hoshido is a perfectly good choice, there are absolutely nothing wrong with Hoshido, they do noy have any crime under the carpet nor any character ever regret joining Hoshido nor call you out for abandoning your family, etc.

While in Nohr, Corrin is regretful for chosing Nohr instead of defending his choice with arguments aside from "they raised me!". King Garon is evil, without any redemedable cualities nor intentions and Corrin's cowardly personality contrasts terribly with your choice. If you had the choice to have a neutral natured MC, or at least have him/her have intentions of conquest/taking the throne for yourself while playing the Conquest route.

Now, the worst aspect of Fates"s decision making is having a "Good" choice.
Why would you chose any other option if you can chose having a perfect route from the beggining?
Of course, i'm talking this in plot-wise perspective.

Decision making in modern games is taking an interesting turn, but we have to embrace the fact that choises are not always perfectly good and that not all choises with have you walk again scot free.
>>
File: mmmm.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>334271853
dude give up trying to have an actual discussion on /v/, if it isn't about shitposting than nobody here gives a shit about.
The previous thread already proved that.

If you want to have an actual discussion about something you shouldn't try doing it on the worst board of 4chan.
>>
>>334272209
I believe in /v/.

We can be better.
>>
>>334271853
Good post op, but devs dont care. Fallout 4 proved that.
>>
>>334272683
FE FATES made the decision making its main plot ooint.

And it sucked balls.

Bravely Second never even menyomed it, but it was superior.
>>
File: 1460293576296.png (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460293576296.png
51 KB, 256x256
>>334271853
For me fire emblem fate's decision was more in the veins of:
Side with the people you love, but know you're in the wrong.
Side with your real family which you barely know, but be on the good side of the conflict.
In the introduction the nohr royal family has more personality and are easier to like, while everyone on the hoshido side are kind of boring. Which makes you want to choose nohr's side even if they are the bad guys.
>>
>>334273516
Exept it ends up being a Corrin bitching contest.
>>
>>334271853
Bravely Second only haves choices in the Japanese version so they absolutely don't matter at all
>>
>>334274013
That's not true.

It just skips all the "neutral" reactions, Edea starts defending her choices right away in the american/Euro versions.
>>
>>334274013
wrong, the results of quests didn't change only that you now have to play through the game once instead of making a false NG+ 3 times for Edea to defend the side she picked. Options and results are still the same.
>>
>>334271853
This is not about videogames
Thread normally looks like this
>I want to fuck a fairy
>I want to fuck mrgrgr
>I want to fuck Camilla
>I want to fuck Lucina
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.