[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a game you highly recommend making save backups every now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: cover_medium[1].jpg (176 KB, 575x809) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium[1].jpg
176 KB, 575x809
Name a game you highly recommend making save backups every now and then and why

Watch Dogs Wii U version. All versions of this game suffer from a glitch that resets all your skills and permanently locks you out of one, however because of how bad this game did on the Wii U, Ubisoft more or less refuses to do anything more with this version.
>>
>>334268856
>Buying Watch Dogs
>Physical copy
>For the Wii U

what the fucking fuck
>>
>>334268856
Actually that bug has not been corrected for any version of the game, you have to start over if it happens.
>>
>>334268856
>All versions of this game suffer from a glitch that resets all your skills and permanently locks you out of one,

Heard the xbone version of The Division has similar issues.
>>
>>334269040
The Wii u touchscreen interface will be perfect for it for the hacking on the fly we saw on the gameplay trailer.

... Which are most certainly won't be in the game so fuck
>>
The following games are bad for your memory card and can corrupt it.

True Crime: NYC Gamecube Version
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2 Demo
>>
>>334271561
I heard Soulcalibur 3 had a glitch that could wreck a memory card as well.
>>
>>334268856
Little Big Planet 3. Data will be corrupted every single time you play it, which sucks because I play it to create and I usually never play user generated levels. I backup every single day.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X

There have been a few occasions where people did something that caused game save corruptions.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Apparently doing the dragons quest in a certain order plus talking to a certain Goron prevents you from being able to progress the game any further

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I think this only effects the console versions now, if you save in the Mr. Whoopee factory, you will no longer be able to load up the game
>>
>>334271561
>true crime nyc

I weep over what this game could have been if they did rush it out for a Christmas release, leaving it a buggy mess.
>>
>>334274539
Funny thing is the gamecube version is the least glitchy. I do get memory card corruption messages on my madcatz memory card but I'm always able to fix it without having to reformat by taking the card out and putting it back in.
>>
In Sly 2, revisiting a certain indoor area on Episode 7 with reverse game progress back to the point where you would visit that area in the story.
Episode 8's progress isn't affected by this glitch, but you would have to replay the rest of Episode 7 to undo its effects, as the game autosaves when you enter that area.

Funny enough, this glitch is the only way to replay missions in Sly 2, and Sly 2 is the only game in the series that normally lacks this feature.
>>
>>334268856
Do you want to know how truly lazy this port is? For every other platform, there is a contextual action to climb down ladders. In the Wii U version, you can only climb up them.

Also, same thing happened to me, OP. I feel your pain.
>>
>>334269402
>past-tense
what fucking year is this
>>
>>334280259
2012 you retard
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.