[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF XIV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: FFXIV_Logo.png (432 KB, 1017x550) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_Logo.png
432 KB, 1017x550
I'm 22 hours in and first 20 hours were very enjoyable. But the last 2 hours have made the game feel very tedious. Somethings are not explained properly such as some features beign locked from me, why? It is somewhat good that there isn't too much hand holding, but things like the hunt board it says it is locked, but no explanation on it(already googled it) and why do i have access to it if i can't join any of the hunts?
I just want my chocobo
>>
Hunts are level 50 and above. You don't need hunts to get your chocobo.

Go join an FC and ask your questions about there or ask mentor to invite you to the newbie network. The game is handholdy enough as it is.
>>
>>334266917
I do get answers to all of my questions, but for example. How do i get seals if there are no ways to get them? Even if i have have quests that require me to get them.
The biggest question is, Why have they made it like that?
>>
Everything gets nerfed every single patch, so the pre-50 shit has been ground into absolute timewasting faceroll shit. Like they still to this day nerf Sastasha. It was never even that hard, but it's been constantly made easier and easier and STILL they think they need to make it easier.
Fuck man, they just nerfed A6S and it's barely a couple of months old.
>>
>>334267280

You need grand company seals for your chocobo which you get for fates, levequests and roulettes.

Just advance in the main story, it unlocks almost everything.
>>
>>334267660
If i had enough health i could solo it easily(im a tank)
The story is good but as you said it is facerolling
Why do they have the need to make it easier? Monopoly is harder then this game
>>
>>334267850
Still i see no reason why do they make it like that
It is only very tedious, not challenging just time consuming.
>>
>>334268081
Those are all things you should be doing that you are told to do, minus fates. But why not?
>>
>>334268660
i'm mainly focused on the main missions and job quests. I want the means to travel faster. I have to "waste time" to get such means.
>>
>>334268839
To continue, in the time i made this thread i got my chocobo, but if it wasn't for
>>334267850
I would still be wondering. The game only told me that i get seals from the crafting thingys and hunts
>>
Any tips on identifying a good FC?
>>
>>334270127
Join a friend's.
>>
>>334270127
Join a /vg/ one.
>>
>>334270359
I have no friends playing
>>334270447
OH GOD NO. How could you even suggest such a horrible thing?
>>
>>334270564
Try waving and talking to random people
>>
>>334270447
Disregard this advice if you're on Balmung.
>>
>>334270852
I will disregard it no matter what. If i wanted anything to do with /vg/ people i would be there in the first place
I have not love for those ERP/waifu faggots
>>
>>334271337
Those are mostly Balmung people that do that, is why.

Ultros probably has the more "normal" /v/ FC.
>>
>>334271456
What about shiva?
>>
>>334271548
I don't think there's one on Shiva.

There's FC on Ultros Balmung Cactuar Cerberus Hyperion Moogle Odin.

Balmung is horrible, and nobody complains about the rest very much.
>>
File: ffxiv_04142016_103849.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_04142016_103849.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Just got done grinding my balls off in chocobo racing for the last 3 days to finish my grind for this fucker, been working at it slowly the last few months.

In before LOL SO EZ CUZ PATCH.

Seriously don't give a shit what people say yeah its easier with the patch but its still a shitty grind and you have to do a lot of choco racing to start earning a lot of MGP.
>>
>>334272080

Nobody would parade the fact that they endured a tedious grind that took no actual skill to finish around as an accomplishment, would they?

Would they?
>>
>>334271870
Good news for me then
>>334272080
Ooh thats a cool mount, it's pitty it's wasted on a lalafootball
>>
>>334272393
Sucks it can't fly till 3.3 sounds like the flying animation will be cool as shit though
>>
>>334272531
That will be able to fly? I bet the next thing you''ll tell me is that chocobos are able to fly
>>
>>334272329
Of course they would.
>>
>>334272531

I wonder how that will look like if you just press the jump button to gain altitude though.
>>
Is there some way to have to zone sound playing while mounted?
>>
>>334274960
Untick the 'play music when mounted' box in the sound options. It still plays the zone music, just not the mount's theme.
>>
File: 1424202074238.png (488 KB, 322x387) Image search: [Google]
1424202074238.png
488 KB, 322x387
>ARR Beast Tribe
>Ixal quests gives you 15 points and another 50 for doing the daily provision
>All the other tribes give you 5 points for their quests
I don't understand, why would they do this?
>>
Are dotion ninjas multiplying? I keep seeing more of the stupid fuckers.
>>
>>334275579
You get a little more rep and can do more than 3 for a tribe per day at higher levels. Beast tribes have been easier to get up with every one. The original 4 are the worst, vanu was easy vath is a fucking joke.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.