[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I play a lot of Rebirth. Is it worth it to go back and play the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: isaac_shot.jpg (88 KB, 580x442) Image search: [Google]
isaac_shot.jpg
88 KB, 580x442
I play a lot of Rebirth. Is it worth it to go back and play the original? It kinda look like shit.
>>
>>334264709

not really no
>>
>>334264709
is afterbirth good?
>>
the pixel art revision is so much better than the shitty and obvious flash art.
>>
>>334264709
Soundtrack is much, much better. That's about what it has going for it, I have no idea why they changed it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMnjL6X2gg
>>
>>334265057
Don't have it yet. A lot of people on /vp/ don't like it.
>>
>>334265603
/vg/ I mean
>>
Original looks better, at least it's not fucking pixelated, characters have actual smooth outlines.
>>
>>334266724
I looks like it belongs on Newgrounds desu
>>
>>334264709
It plays like shit because of 30fps
Less items, enemies, levels, everything
Bugs out the ass you can exploit to make runs incredibly easy
Unbalanced, easier to beat

400 hours in both original and rebirth, literally no reason to play the flash version
>>
>>334266790
Maybe because the creator used to make Newground games and was famous for it as well? He's kinda responsible for that art style in the first place.
>>
>>334264709
The original flash version is considerably more difficult than Rebirth and it also features the argubly better soundtrack. However the framerate is limited to 30FPS and you have to use third party programs if you plan on using a controller.

It's worth a shot, just don't install the Eternal Update. It's pretty difficult but not in a good way and you might get frustrated.
>>
>>334267169
Ah, makes sense
>>
Rebirth is an improvement in every way. Has way more content than the original and actually doesn't frame drop when things get intense.
>>
>>334266724
it looks like trash compared to rebirth

the linework was sloppy and inconsistent
>>
>>334264709
Nah.

Original is piss easy due to massive slowdown. Just walk your way right through boss patterns.

Barely any content, looks pretty bad. Nice soundtrack. If you've played Rebirth, you've played the original.
>>
File: 1456290875097.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456290875097.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>334266724
>literal flash game looks better than any pixel art
afterbirth is fine op but I wouldn't give a dime to steakmund
>>
>>334267242
It's worth a shot, just don't install the Eternal Update. It's pretty difficult but not in a good way and you might get frustrated.

Why not? You can turn the hardmode on and off, so if you are terrible at video games, you can just play it on scrub mode once you are done washing your vagina.
>>
>>334267441
in this case, yes, yes it does.
>>
>>334267604
Original BOI's vector art is terrible, you're just saying that because you're overexposed to pixel shit.
>>
>>334267441
>>334265094
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW that support the pixel art meme
rebirth is better in almost every sense but there was absolutely no reason to go for pixels, specially when the last game didn't go for it, it's literally a meme

but then again... BOI is full of literall memes so whatever I guess
>>
>>334267816
>pixal are meme
no, it just looks nice
>>
Maybe as a way to enjoy some older mechanics, like Luck Foot always gave you good pills, but really there is no reason to go back except to pseudo nostalgia or just see how it originally was.
>>
>>334264709
Soundtrack but there's a mod so you get the original music in rebirth anyways. Also don't get afterbirth. It's total shit
>>
>action-roguelike, a genre that depends on content, getting worse the more content they add
How DO they manage it?
>>
Does everybody here prefer the old soundtrack? I liked it, but I thought Rebirth's soundtrack was much better. The old one got kinda boring after a while.
>>
>>334268334
Only good track in the original is isaac/blue baby fight but even then rebirth isaac theme is better
>>
Is Afterbirth really that bad? I've had a few people tell me to just stick with vanilla Rebirth.
>>
When should I get Afterbirth? I remember in the original you were meant to play without the DLC for a while before getting it.
>>
>>334268334
most of the boss music in rebirth is good. Level music is grating as fuck though. Especially catacombs and depths
>>
>>334268482
>>334268507
all it does is add a bullshit character, stupid enemies that spawn more enemies and a shitty, unbalanced second game mode that's a literal grind.
>>
>>334268482
It was pretty questionable on release what with content locked behind bullshit timegates to stop players from blowing through the expansion in a single day, but it's mostly fine now imo.
>>
>>334268956
the worst thing was devs denying that there was timegated content when dataminers had already proven that there was a bunch of missing shit
>>
>>334264709
It's not so much the original game looking much different than Rebirth. It's that the game was originally made in Flash and has optimization issues because of it. Even on a powerful computer, doing "too much" one time will cause the game to slow down, and at certain times, crash.

>>334268482
>>334268507
To me, Afterbirth felt like an expansion meant to nerf everything, touching vanilla characters and items after its release. Somehow, the item rotation got fucked to where you could effectively reach Womb I or II with no tear stat changes or useful tear modifiers without the synergy to make it useful. It made a lot of runs stressful since you wouldn't have the power to deal with rooms like Double Adversary rooms. Of course, you'll still find powerful items and synergy as well in Afterbirth. The expansion mostly felt like it was made for the people that had already "100%" the vanilla game previously rather than for everyone.

I was okay with Afterbirth in the end when most of the dumb shit was patched out (like greed mode machine only accepting one penny then jamming). If you always want decent to powerful runs, stay with vanilla, otherwise if you want to put in a little more work during runs for a chance at more unique synergies, play Afterbirth.
>>
File: Isaac.png (274 KB, 1039x633) Image search: [Google]
Isaac.png
274 KB, 1039x633
>>334265057
Yeah, some new items and synergies are fun, and the greed mode is fun too. Grinding to unlock the new character sucks, the daily runs are a great incentive to play too.

Afterbirth+ is coming soon and you need Afterbirth, so get it.
>>
>>334268334
It's ok, the new mode is great and it s a but more difficult. Get it.
>>
WoTL was actually harder than Afterbirth

now BoI is not only a game featuring babbies its a game made for babbies
>>
>>334271175
>breaking the game with cain
>hard
>>
>>334271757

at least back then you still had to break the game on your own

now you can just play Azazel and the game just breaks itself for you

and actually almost all of the old characters got buffed in Rebirth/Afterbirth too even the ones that were already good
Judas was especially broken for a long time
>>
>>334264709
I do for the music, honestly. That's about it.
>>
>>334272161
nigga judas was nerfed to hell now that belial is no longer guaranteed devil chance.
>>
>>334272261

yeah I know but back in the original it didn't effect deals at all so he's still significantly stronger now than he used to be
just having a better chance is still pretty important
>>
>>334272261
>>334272161
and that's not even mentioning that blue baby can no longer get free deals. And the fact that cain doesn't get the phd effect
>>
File: 1456708290642.jpg (125 KB, 800x707) Image search: [Google]
1456708290642.jpg
125 KB, 800x707
>>334268334
I liked the original much more than Rebirth's
I don't mind orchestral music but I dislike it in the latter game
I didn't know Danny B before the original so I know I'm not biased
>>
>>334272161
Azazel is kind of bad for beating Hush and Ultra Greed if you don't get range ups.
>>
>>334270808
>Afterbirth+ is coming soon
Free for Ab users? becuase 10$ per DLC is a bit too much for an indie
>>
>>334264709
Rebirth was more of a game that fixed everything wrong with the original than it was a sequel.
You still have the same story, the same levels, the same bosses - a lot of the above.
>>
>>334273212
>Free for Ab users?
Of course not
>>
>>334273554
Might as well wait until AB+ release then, the original AB will probably go on sale then.
>>
>tfw have 40 hours in and still havnt beat isaac in the cathedral

It seems almost impossible if you don't have some OP projectile defense.
>>
>>334270808
Edmund plz go
>>
>>334273923
If you are that desperate, bomb him into submission.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.