[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sick of cable breaks and twisted cables so I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 81bqRp3GH4L._SL1500_.jpg (134 KB, 1269x1500) Image search: [Google]
81bqRp3GH4L._SL1500_.jpg
134 KB, 1269x1500
I'm sick of cable breaks and twisted cables so I want to buy myself a wireless headset but I don't know which one and who to trust?
Is Logitech any good with wireless headsets?
For example the Logitech G930
>>
>wireless
>good
>headset
>good
Holy shit this thread.
>>
File: 1358866384425.jpg (111 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1358866384425.jpg
111 KB, 900x675
>headset
>>
>>334262393
I have it. Go wired. Wireless headset have issues. My WiFi interferes with the signal. The headset sometimes interferes with my WiFi. Random 1 second disconnects happen all the time. Charging it is an annoyance. I regret buying this headset even though I loved it when I first got. Wireless is cool and all, but believe me, you'll wanna go wired. Just be careful with the cord. Buy a headphone stand for your desk.
>>
>>334262483
>use headphones and buy a microphone duuuuhhh
I'm not sitting 14hrs straight in front of the screen you fat fuck
>>
File: 1460093620734.jpg (46 KB, 689x602) Image search: [Google]
1460093620734.jpg
46 KB, 689x602
>headset
>>
>>334262593
>durrrrhurrrrr fuk u
>>
>>334262591
Btw, I have the G930. Maybe the new one that's $300 isn't shit. This one definitely is though. Ignore my typos, I'm tired as fuck.
>>
>>334262593
So what, are you going to walk around your house chatting on the mic?
>>
>all these retard shitposts by poorfags

Buy the g930 or the h2100. Truly one of the best investments I have ever made is getting a wireless headset.
>>
>>334262779
You obviously can't read
>>
>>334262816
No, you obviously can't logic. I want you to explain to us how sitting in front of the screen has to do with a headset vs microphone.
>>
>>334262393
I don't know about headsets but I've had the same pair of wireless headphones for about 5 years now. Sennheiser HDR-170, I don't think they're sold anymore and I can't vouch for the quality of the newer models but I would recommend mine to anyone. I frequently wear them for 8-10 hours without discomfort, they don't have any sound issues and the battery life is great. They seem like they could easily snap but I've dropped them and fallen asleep wearing them more times than I can count. I've only had to change the faux-leather earpads for velour ones three years ago
>>
>>334262393
If it's only a cable problem I'd recommend getting a desktop microphone (the cable shouldn't ever move and get in your way) and a pair of headphones with detachable cable
>>
>another thread of hipsters saying that sound on headphones become magically bad when you attach a microphone to them
>another thread of them saying headsets are too expensive then proceed to say the only option are $400 headphones with $300 microphone

only thing OP is doing wrong is the "wireless" bit, seriously pretty stupid, like anything wireless.
>>
>>334263490
They are not bad because they have a microphone on, they are bad because you mongoloids don't know any better so they don't even have to try to make something remotely decent.
See beats by dre, shit is all marketing, except this time it's all about muh gayming and real gaymers.
>>
File: 1460424793026.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460424793026.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>334263490
>another post from a guy counter signaling
>>
>>334262393
OP, forget about that wireless crap, not worth the trouble, running out of batteries is worse than any problem with cables, problems you would never have if you buy any semi-decent headset.

These are the ones i can recommend from what i've used (all of them sound better than most of the "audiophile" overpriced shit people will recommend on this thread.

Creative Fatal1ty (great headphone sound quality, pretty good microphone)

Logitech G230 (crappy microphone but gets the job done, best quality headphone sound, seriously it's stupidly good)

Plantronics Gamecom 380 (worse headphone sound of the bunch, sound still pretty good for the price, best microphone of the 3.

also don't fall for the USB headset meme / onboard sound card meme

always use an Asus / Creative sound card, they make shit headphones sound much better (i've had shit headsets too)
>>
I'm about to buy a second G930 after like 2 years... I was looking at the Artemis G#xxx Wireless thing that replaced it, but I'm reading some bad reviews with the software... I've never had a problem with the G930 beyond sometimes it disconnects for a second and after a long time the batteries have start to run under 5 hours. (Altho with a long USB Cable it just means you go wired for a short time.

I'm replacing it mainly cause I dropped them pretty hard once and the over the head part got a crack in it, making them a little uncomfortable, and since then it has also emitted an audible high pitched whine next to my ear while charging.

I like the headset buttons and its truly wireless maybe even over 40ft, I talk on the porch and stuff - However, I would probably be getting a wired headset if I wasnt getting an HTC Vive in May, I don't wanna deal with another cord.
>>
>>334262393
I used to have the same problem as you, I switched to wireless headsets and haven't regretted it since. I'm not going to debate whether wired or wireless has better sound quality than the other, for me it was a mostly economical decision because even though wireless headsets are more expensive than wired ones, I ended up saving money in the long run because all the wired headsets I bought ended up breaking after 4-5 months. If you feel like you're spending too much money replacing your old headsets, go for it.

I wouldn't recommend the G930, though. It's a nice headset, but the charging port breaks really easily on that one. I've been using a Corsair H2100 for about two years now and the only problem I've had with it is mainly wear and tear: The ears have started to break (nothing that couldn't be fixed with duct tape) and the mic's resting place has fallen about 45 degrees further down than when I first bought it.
>>
>constantly running out of batteries and wireless disconnections somehow justify not having a cable you don't notice being there most of the time anyway

>>
>>334262393
>gamer gear
>>
>all the wired headsets I bought ended up breaking after 4-5 months.

what the fuck

i've never had a headphone/headset last less than 3 years or so, i still have a few stored that are more than 5 years old and still work

are you people toddlers or something?
>>
>gaming headset
>wireless

Fuck me lads
>>
>>334262393
>buy a wireless Bluetooth headset
>battery dies
>hook it up to the USB charger
>battery dies
>hook it up to the USB charger

I no longer remove the cable. Also Bluetooth audio is trash
>>
>>334264091
>Fuck good headphones, use gaming headsets
>But do use a sound card pls

What am I reading?
>>
File: 1455744647147.png (19 KB, 474x554) Image search: [Google]
1455744647147.png
19 KB, 474x554
>>334262393
>headset instead of headphones
>>
>>334264137
>I was looking at the Artemis
Dont. Have you tried that thing? If you dont have a block head that thing falls off with the slightest movement.

>>334262393
>For example the Logitech G930
Expect connections problems something about the frequency they use, the software is garbage, you need one of the older drivers.
Or you can be lucky and it works without problems, like it did for me the first few weeks.
Gets a bit warm around the ears if you wear it to long, no problems with battery life time.
I got mine for cheap so w/e
>>
>>334264091
I had the G230, didn't mind it sounds decent for what it was worth even for listening to music and was okay comfort wise but over prolonged use it gave me headaches.

The foam cushion above my head was a nuisance, if I tightened the band the ear cups would become irritating to my ears after a while.

The mic is pretty crap as you say, had to get it very close to my mouth and amp up the mic gain for people to hear me clearly.

I wanted to try a headphone with much better soundstage to get a better idea where sounds are coming from and more bass for explosions and soundeffects with replaceable 3.5mm audio cable.

Ended up going for the Phillips fidelio X2, haven't looked back since. It runs fine on my onboard audio as well. Could add a boom pro mic to the 3.5mm jack to convert it into a headset.

It is generally better to grab a decent external Amplifier instead of a sound card should your headphones be hard to drive since there is a lot of room for interference inside the PC even with the shielding. DAC is generally not required since most on board solutions are generally sufficient in that department.

Headphones are a more cost effective solution than gaming headsets, most gaming headsets are crap for their price aside from a few exceptions.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.