[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the greatest anti-war war game ever made? Pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: AC5.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC5.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
What is the greatest anti-war war game ever made? Pic related.
>>
Ace Combat 5's story was stupid as fuck. Melodramatic bullshit with shitty animu voice acting (Ace Combat 4 used an agency that dealt mostly with Radio ads IIRC, so people who could actually voice act and sound like human beings). The part where they were suppose to be flying in anguish due to a fallen wingman sounded like everyone was masturbating for the stupid fuck dying in the most retarded way (In which even AH poked fun at)

The only saving grace to the whole presentation was the music.
>>
>>334261170
Eh I liked the different direction. The characters actually sounded like characters, instead of generic pilots, and having a bigger cast playing off each other, and even a female heroine, made things more interesting.
>>
>>334261170
The only saving grace for AC4's presentation was the music as well.
>>
>>334261170
AC5 being a melodramatic war anime was pretty cool since you don't ever see animes, or games, like that. It has a flavor of it's own.
>>
File: 1425665099724.jpg (35 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1425665099724.jpg
35 KB, 630x630
Ace Combat 6 and the fucking Golden King.

I don't own an Xbox, and I am still mad. The story was not dumb and the characters that star it go full circle in development. If it were a PS3 game there would have been people talking about it first thing.
>>
OFP/Arma games
>>
>>334262059
>not dumb story
>full circle character development
No such things were ever parts of AC6.
>>
File: ac5-kestrel.jpg (37 KB, 711x337) Image search: [Google]
ac5-kestrel.jpg
37 KB, 711x337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQrkZtg-mo
>>
>>334261646
AC4 was much more subtle at telling it's story. Smoe people might not like slide show naration, but I though it's much better than what you see in any of the later games.

Hell, it's actually better than japanese 3 with it's boring news clips and video mail. At least some of the animu cut scenes were nice in that tough.

AC4 story also wasn't dumb as shit. AC0 wasn't dumb either (although I do not like FMV cutscenes with obviously dubbing over), but then AC6 went beyond retarded with how it presented it's story. The story itself had potential, it was just told in the most annoying and stupid way possible.

TL;DR
The only good thing about ace combat is the music.
>>
File: HD COLLECTION CONFIRMED.jpg (223 KB, 681x1370) Image search: [Google]
HD COLLECTION CONFIRMED.jpg
223 KB, 681x1370
HD collection when
>>
>>334262803
AC5 and AC0 both are my favorites storywise to be honest.

The "War post-mortem documentary" style fom 0 was innovative as fuck, and 5 was this big drama with plot twists, political drama and awesome setting, feel and music, and by the end you felt like a fucking legend.
>>
>>334262902
There already is an Ace Combat Remaster. It's called Namcollection and it has a remastered Ace Combat 2 for the PS2.

It's the only game that matters and the only game that project aces apparently fucking love.

>Only game in series with remaster
>Only game in series with remake (legacy)
>Only game in series with remagining (AC4, pay attention to the mission stucture/design and map)
>Only game in in series which soundtrack was included in a collectors edition OF A DIFFERENT GAME (X2)
>Is the basis for the entire strangereal universe (although 1-4 were only loosely tied together until 5 specifically references other games)

I wouldn't put it past project aces that Ace Combat 7 is just going to be Ace Combat 2 remade for current gen and VR.
>>
>>334262297
>>full circle character development
>No such things were ever parts of AC6.

Commander of Aces got shot down during first mission is now primary investigator/interrogator.
Ends up spilling beans of super weapon after warming up to the city's feng shui.

Woman leaves town because of war.
Goes back home to find daughter while seeing some shit.

Woman who is international student goes to find boyfriend stationed in capitol.
Both get married in POW camp in front of everyone [you] have allegedly shot down.

Daughter is separated from family.
Builds up courage of surrounding people by saying ded daddy's slogan and defying boot lickers while taking care of other kids.

Crack Tank crew from the beginning of the operation, decide to fuck war and go full Kelly's Heroes.
Paraded the Golden King on their tank in front of people as celebration of liberation.
>>
>>334262803
I liked 3's presentation. I even liked how all of that shit is born from two petty fucks, one of which is a cuck (literally).

It's probably the only AC game with a worthwhile story AND presentation, along with AC04. The rest either sucks at both, or shits the bed somewhere.

>>334263485
>Only game in series with remagining (AC4)
More like every fucking Ace Combat ever. AC3's missions are straight from AC2 for the most parts, some are the same mission but seen from "the enemy"'s perspective. AC04 is almost a 1:1 remake.
>>
Where the FUCK is the english translation of AC3?
Also can I emulate 4 5 and 0 yet? I'm tired of being cucked by namco
>>
>>334263893
>shits the bed somewhere.
To elaborate on that: most japanese games that have nukes are (comprensively) against them, while the whole timeline of AC and how there is a major war every 6 years on average is a blatant demonstration that MAD is a goddamn blessing. And AC tries to demonize them in an hysterical way instead. While the shit that is in Strangereal is WAY worse than nukes.

Gameplay outside of the PS1 games is pathetic. The missions are mostly groundpounding and the enemy AI is specifically made to be nonthreatening.

The games look good. For being PS2 shit.

>>334264039
>Where the FUCK is the english translation of AC3?
I hiatus, the project's leader would rather shitpost in /aceg/ than work on it and I'm 100% serious.

>can I emulate 4 5 and 0 yet?
Since 2013.
>>
>>334264374
You can't emulate them properly yet. The physics are fucked.
>>
>>334264474
But you can. The collision models got fixed in fucking 2013, the DX hardware mode graphics got unfucked in late 2014, and from mid 2015 you can play in openGL hardware mode and have the lighting exactly how it was on the PS2. Stop spewing misinformation.
>>
>>334264039
AC3 is already fully translated in html form and in youtube form if you can't wait for the fully patched game.

I played AC3 right away when it came out and eve not understanding a thing I enjoyed it a lot more than some of the later games which I understand (and wish they'd shut up sometimes). AC5 took the radio chatter for plot points way to fucking far.
>>
>>334264632
Not that guy, but cool beans
>>
>>334264967
>I played AC3 right away when it came out and eve not understanding a thing I enjoyed it a lot more than some of the later games
My brother. I remember how my father bought me a magazine that had a halfassed walkthrough that explained at least some of the plot, and also explained how to unlock most if not all of the missions.

>>334265113
You're welcome. Keep in mind that some PCSX2 might have some regressions.
>>
>>334265489
*some PCSX2 builds
>>
Did anyone else like assault Horizon?

I meant I know some people may complain about the ' call of duty audience' but I liked the dog fighting and to completely honest I never really cared for strangereal.

It's a parallel universe where Russia and America doesn't exist but the Mig and the warthog does
>>
>>334260953

Ace Combat Zero was much more critical of war.
>>
>>334260953
Is that an F14 Tomcat?
>>
File: belka nukes.png (149 KB, 650x2604) Image search: [Google]
belka nukes.png
149 KB, 650x2604
MUH
PEACE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wAMy1vhCWc

CUM HISTORIA
>>
>>334274042
Implying >REX TREMENDAE isn't more awe inspiring
>>
>>334260953
Rise of Flight

You can become the leading ace, downing 100s of planes, and still not change a damn thing.
>>
>>334262969
I agree with zeros style and presentation. It's amazing.

I really like 4's framing device as well. The fact the story segments are actually a letter addressed to you after the events of the game is really interesting.

A great way to get the "other side" of the story with Yellow 13. I just think there's something really poignant about that.
>>
>>334275821
What you should find interesting is that AC04 isn't even subtle about calling you a fucking fraud, as most of the victories you achieved against the Yellows don't mean shit - their planes were falling apart, thanks to partizans royally fucking up their supply lines AND being forced to use shitty fuel, and on top of that all of the good pilots were getting transferred to undermanned squadrons.

That said, you could easily shoot down at least two of them above the oilfields if they didn't have plot armor. Even with the F-5.
>>
>>334260953
I wouldn't say the greatest but the MGS games are great anti war games. MGS1 is the greatest.
>>
>>334260953
MGS series
>>
>>334276348
>>334276351

Ace Combat was corny enough, MGS is impossible to take seriously.
>>
>>334276348
MGS2 handles it way better if you ask me. If you kill someone and call Rose immediately afterwards Raiden almost gets a BSOD.
>>
File: yo buddy.jpg (17 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
yo buddy.jpg
17 KB, 300x215
You know how to end war right?
>>
>>334278224

Push f to reset twisted game
>>
>>334278224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcVJfRnpEBk
>>
>>334277217
Ace Combat fanboys, not even once.
>>
>>334261170
Ace combat zero literally had sasuke in it.
>>
File: yo buddy.webm (476 KB, 422x214) Image search: [Google]
yo buddy.webm
476 KB, 422x214
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.