[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that received undeserving hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15
File: Donte.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Donte.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Games that received undeserving hate
>>
Devil May Cry's writing was never good and was the had less substance then a underworld movie plot wise.

Yet DMC somehow managed to make that shit look like classic literature with its style and direction.

Gameplay wise it was alright, not nearly as good as it should have been but it was "ok"
>>
Try MGS4.
>>
File: DMC list.jpg (273 KB, 800x1692) Image search: [Google]
DMC list.jpg
273 KB, 800x1692
>>334257851
>ITT: Games that received undeserving hate

okay, when are you going to post one?

DmC deserved all the hate it got
>>
>>334257851
I think you mean "disproportionate"

Watch Dogs. The Digital Trips alone were amazing. And even if the story wasn't great, at least it had some arguably interesting characters (not that autistic kid)
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 219x300
>Waaaaah. What do you mean it isn't exactly like the previous games?
>>
>>334257851
That game wouldn't have gotten "undeserved" hate if it didn't call itself Devil May Cry and its devs didn't attempt to alienate the entire original fanbase.

Gameplay was completely butchered, enemies are always just standing still and don't offer any challenge. Lack of hard lock-on is a serious issue and you get stuck with awkward controls like forward+forward+sword for Stinger and a button dedicated to use High Time. Colour coded enemies are also shitty as fuck. If they really wanted to force you to use different weapons, they should've just made enemies that have better shield and others that are just too fast to hit with the red weapons. Devil Trigger was torn apart and rebuilt into a sort of Rage of the Gods frankenstein monster thing, instead of being the power up you activate and deactivate on a whim to make specific moves.

That alone is the biggest gripe I have with the game. Them butchering the characters completely is also an issue, but not even close to the core gameplay they completely ignored. This game did everything wrong as a DMC game. Keep in mind, I liked a couple things, like the grappling hook. That was fine. The environments were also fucking amazing. But those don't fix the game.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (54 KB, 683x478) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
54 KB, 683x478
>tfw getting a SSS with this single post
>>
File: DmC_SSS.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
DmC_SSS.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>334260865
>>
>>334257851
>Pic unrelated
>>
>>334260415
Switch DMC2 and DmC:SE
Also regular versions of games that had SE are obsolete so there's no reason to have them in the image
>>
>shit on the fans
>wonder why people hate your game
Tameem pls.
>>
>>334261035
>Switch DMC2 and DmC:SE

nope

>Also regular versions of games that had SE are obsolete so there's no reason to have them in the image
that's why they are in optional.
>>
Dark Souls 2
Fallout 3
>>
>>334261096
>nope
Why not?
>>
File: DmC DE.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DmC DE.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>334261136
it's DmC with a shiny coat of paint. It's deserves to be in the "avoid" category.

You can polish a turd but it's still a turd
>>
>>334261380
It's still better than DMC2
>>
File: laughatyou.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laughatyou.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>334261423
>It's still better than DMC2
>>
>>334261474
I'm sorry you have bad taste, but it is
DMC2 is nigh unplayable
>>
>>334261539
and yet a better quality game than DmC
>>
>>334261576
kys
>>
>>334261760
speak english
>>
File: 1447819057688.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1447819057688.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L483Nze40U

I liked this trailer
>>
>>334261576
Did you play DMC2? I don't think you did
It's irredeemable garbage. DmC is at least playable and you can beat it
>>
>>334262537
You can beat DMC2. It's just absolutely no fun.
>>
>>334262623
I meant you can beat it without being bored to death
>>
>>334262537
>Did you play DMC2? I don't think you did

I did. I recall playing it to be more enjoyable than the time I spent on DmC's demo
>>
>>334262537
Did you play DMC2? The game wasnt garbage, it was just boring and forgettable. In a series which left an indelible standout mark that was the greatest sin. It wasnt bad, It just wasnt anything special which made it boring. Mediocre with a few good concepts that were recycled in DMC3 and used to much greater effect

DmC is just bad. the story is bad, the characters are just laughably bad, the combat is boring and tedious and just no fun at all. But at least DmC is memorable for how bad it is. DMC2 is just boringly average
>>
>>334260754
I liked it. It's just that people wanted a new old fashioned platformer. They stuck a franchise to a game that could have made it's own and been just as good, to sell more copies.

Imagine if Metal Gear Rising had been Metal Gear 5. People would have flipped shit. Instead they warned everybody "this is totes different, so don't sperg out". Plus NAB flipped off the people who loved the older game style, and alienated a lot of people.
>>
>>334257851
DMC was a nice game but when you make an action game with the goddamn DEVIL MAY CRY IP printed on it being "nice" is an awful disgrace.
>>
File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252 KB, 300x367
>>
>>334262865
I wouldn't call combat bad, it's in fact very good when you compare it to a lot of bad character action games. I had worse time playing God of War for example, or DMC2, again.
I'll agree with everything else though
>>
>>334262739
Then you must enjoy terribly boring slog of a gameplay
>>
>>334260967
>>334260865
>game was easy before patches
>therefore muh autism will never be satisfied!
>>
>>334262865
>the characters are just laughably bad
So it fits DMC series perfectly well.
>muh camp
Dante easily manages to be more cringeworthy than Donte.
>>
>>334266028
They made patches to make game harder?
>>
>>334266113
The insta-SSS gifs are all obsolete at least.
>>
File: 1411203851250.jpg (79 KB, 284x288) Image search: [Google]
1411203851250.jpg
79 KB, 284x288
>>334261576
THIS
is some bad shitpost/denial right there
>>
>>334266186
don't matter
>>
>>334260415
>I played the original version of dmc3
>didn't even know that until a couple of years back
>>
>>334267687
>game sucks because SSS
>nope
>doesn't matter!
Are you a sonybrony?
>>
>>334257851
>>
DMC1 is one of the most revolutionary games ever made, it was the first 3D action game that ddn't play like total dogshit and it's influence can be felt in literally dozens of games that come out even years later. It's a little rough around the edges but at it's core it still has lots of really great ideas both in it's gameplay and presentation that make it hold up today

DMC2 goes beyond being a lazy sequel and actively does the opposite of everything that made DMC1 so good

DmC at it's core just plays like a crappy version of DMC4 with lame enemy/level design. That's still way better than the complete game design abortion that is dmc2. I mean shit, vergil in DMC4:SE is just straight up the vergil in this game but with better animation and some more tricks, it can't be that bad.
>>
I really liked it.
>>
DmC was better than revengeance, at least on the gameplay side of things
>>
When a game is worse then it's previous games it should be given hate.
>>
File: jade-empire.jpg (120 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jade-empire.jpg
120 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
>>
>Undeserving

The fuck? When the creators of the game actively antagonized fans within both interviews and in-game content (see wig scene) then the hate is well deserved. Whether or not the game is decent is debatable (to which I think it's pretty mediocre) but it does fully deserve the hatred it received when so much petty bullshit was thrown at fans. Hell, bullshit was thrown at fans not only by the developers but by review sites as well. So many articles came out mocking fans for getting upset over the hair when that wasn't even the main complaint. It was the most childish shit. DmC would've been a decent, if forgettable, action game if it just came out without so much petty shitflinging. But the developers and websites had to spew petty insults at fans as well as in-game jabs at the older games which is pathetic.

A game that does have undeserved hate is probably something like Dark Souls or Undertale. Most of the hatred comes from the fanbases rather than the actual gameplay or content. And although many people have totally legitimate reasons to dislike the games the most common complaints about them seem to be surrounding the cringe-worthy fanbases of elitists or autistic children. Really any game that is hated for the fanbase rather than the gameplay itself is undeserved, especially since neither game pushed for such a shitty fanbase. Except maybe Dark Souls 2 which went full-retard with the dying thing acting like it was a feature that it was so "difficult".
>>
>>334260754
>Begins the game by mocking the older games
>Acts like the older games are outdated and boring
>Instead saddles you with mediocre driving gameplay

It deserved the hate. When you start your game by mocking fans for enjoying the older entries you're gonna get shit for that.
>>
>>334268436

Wait this received hate? I fucking loved it.
>>
File: Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png (984 KB, 1215x1023) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png
984 KB, 1215x1023
It was dissapointing after origins, but other than enviroments and size I would say its better than Inquisition. It has a shitty prologue and act 3 was rushed, but act 2 was very good, and the Arishok was one of the better villains in the series.
>>
>>334268718
Combat is literally Roll Roll Roll Hit Block Hit Hit Fatal Repeat
>>
>>334264804
It was loved by anyone that played past the middle. Only the MP was hated- deservedly.
>>
Other than how edgy Dante is, what is wrong with DmC?
>>
>>334257851
you start, op
>>
>>334269245
Read
http://pastebin.com/2FXP4B5t
>>
>>334264804
It was an average at best cover shooter.

The only reason people really hate it was because of the idiotic fanbase.
>>
>DmC
>undeserving hate

You know how I can tell you weren't around at all for the PR shitstorm that was this game?
>>
>>334260754

I can see why the fans would be pissed but I really liked it for what it was. Had a lot of fun building crazy vehicles.
>>
>>334270059
>bad PR therefore bad game
You're probably one of those "people" who use the word "based" to describe something you like.
>>
>>334271336
His point was how PR campaign was about shitting on the old DMCs and how Dante isn't cool anymore and all that shit
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.