[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should a town in vidya only have a few house, but each one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: a0126590_23554995.jpg (113 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
a0126590_23554995.jpg
113 KB, 640x425
Should a town in vidya only have a few house, but each one of them used in quest or story event, or many but most of them inaccessable?
>>
>>334255124
Either way is fine. Let the writers decide.
>>
>>334256079
>writers
Video games should not have writers.
>>
Are there any games that have towns that are actually town-sized rather than 10-20 buildings? I remember thinking Guild Wars 2 had some fuckhuge cities.
>>
Many
Fuck small ass towns and villages, green loving, animal fucking farmers are shit.
Cities are much better in everyway, it's just much cooler to live in a city.
>>
>>334256223
t.millenial
>>
>>334255124
my house is comfy in gamr
>>
The dream is to have every building have an accessible interior. Fuck graphics, they've been fine for years now. Fuck "bigger" worlds, they're already huge. Give me more fucking buildings to go inside, without loading screens.
>>
+100 houses.
All accessible.
Only a few used for quests or events.
Rest are identical copies with nothing useful in them.
>>
It doesn't matter, either solution is fine as long as the town maintains a good neat stuff happening to space ratio.

If you made 80 houses and you could enter each one of them and only two of them had anything remotely interesting in them, then you're wasting the player's time.
>>
>>334258628
All I want is a Crysis 3-style destroyed city where you can go into any building. Climb to the top floor of an office tower, smash a window and snipe the shit outta some enemies.Shit would be so much fun and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with today's tech.
>>
>>334259436
The player is wasting his own time if he randomly explore houses, in a scenario like that there should be hints, visual or gained through conversations as to which houses are interesting.
>>
>>334256218
Guild Wars 1 had Kaineng, which was medium-sized-island sized
>>
>>334256223
Yeah sure love me that smog, traffic and high crime rates.
>>
>>334255124
The latter. It's more immersive that way, and we should have the technology to do it by now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.