[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper light Drifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
So, I just finished it. Politics aside, how did you guys feel about the game?

It's good, but it's not 650k good.
>>
File: bloodwater.png (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodwater.png
327 KB, 1920x1080
I thought the art was gorgeous, but the music was lame. The map is unusable and the guns look too similar in the inventory, but that's an easy problem to overcome.

The boss fights were a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the enemies; learning their patterns, exploiting their moment of weakness. I really enjoyed it.

Never going to play it again.
>>
>>334255072
>Enjoyed it
>Never ganna play it again

Fucking same, can't wait for a clear synopsis on the game's plot too. It's a game that has very minimal replay value.
>>
>>334255249
Man, I did not understand the plot at all. It gives you just enough to understand the player character has motivation enough to go on this quest, but beyond that - almost nothing. Just repeats the same string of events after each boss fight.

I'm told that the environment really has a lot of clues to what the plot is, but all I've gathered is there were giants, then people killed them dead.

There's also the tablets you can find, and then have to translate the language to get extra bit of information, but nah fuck that.

It does have New Game+, but I don't like how it does NG+. NG+, to me, should be almost like a victory lap, but this was made to be almost a OHKO challenge mode. I'm okay with that kind of mode, but as a NG+ mode I think I'll pass.
>>
>>334255568
>3rd Impact Happens
>Some evil thing is still floating around causing shit
>Causing Drifter's illness
>Gatta get them crystal to kill that fucker
>Die anyway

yeah, a little lost.
>>
How do you know its not 650k good?

Thats fucking nothing in game dev terms.
>>
>>334255795
>9 people work on the game
>initial budget was 27k
>Obtain 650,000 dollaridoos
>Poop out a pretty 5 hour game

Doesn't add up m8. This isn't a huge AAA title here.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>>334255795
>Thats fucking nothing in game dev terms.

It's more than you think. Some Nintendo games have small budgets like that. Pic related was 750k.

Also remember all the funding goals they didn't make.
>>
>>334255703
>3rd Impact
Wait is this game some evashit fanwank or what?
>>
>>334257357
The game starts out with an apocalypse brought about by giant robots that looks like Evas, a war, and a small race of people attempting to reach divinity through unity of the soul.

It's the 3rd impact.
>>
>>334256618
That game's actually getting a sequel in a few days, surprisingly enough.
>>
>>334257574
Wait really? Why has no one mentioned it?
>>
File: 20160402142845_1.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160402142845_1.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>334258571
There's been sporadic threads about it here but nothing really too big. The fanbase wasn't really that huge to begin with. I'm hyped for it nonetheless.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.