[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Create anti-grav racing engine >Create F-Zero assets for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MK8_scrn_MiiSuits_Falcon01.jpg (627 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MK8_scrn_MiiSuits_Falcon01.jpg
627 KB, 1280x720
>Create anti-grav racing engine
>Create F-Zero assets for DLC
>Make it the fastest Mario Kart yet, with 200cc
>Show off Fast Racing NEO, an indieshit in the same subgenre as F-Zero
>Oh yeah and F-Zero in Nintendo Land
>Constant meme-ification of the ol' Captain
>Still no F-Zero on Wii U
Do Nintendo think they're "throwing us a bone" with all these F-Zero references? It feels more like a slap in the face than a treat for FZ fans. Why not just make the damn game instead of constantly blue-balling us?
>>
>>321965193
>Why not just make the damn game instead of constantly blue-balling us?

Because the last one bombed. What financial incentive is there to continue a series that's been on a decline?
>>
>make Mario Kart great again with new gimmicks
>have various F-Zero elements added in as a love letter to the franchise
>retarded fanboys still hate them because it's not a new game
God you people are stupid.

>HURR NINTENDO MADE CAP INTO A MEME!!!!
No they didn't, the fans did by making Falcon Punch a meme. A meme that was accepted if not birthed by 4chan up until it became mainstream and 4chan was obligated to hate it. See also SHOW ME YOUR MOVES, the same thing. It's just a taunt. You made it a meme.

I bet that if Nintendo made an F-Zero game that was the same as previous games, you'd complain it's nothing new, and if they added a gimmick, you'd claim they ruined the game with it. None of you chucklefucks are ever satisfied. No fanboy is ever satisfied. Ever.
>>
They let an indie studio make the new F-Zero.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MytHOSttgw
>>
>>321965780
>What financial incentive is there to continue a series that's been on a decline?

I wonder the same thing about Star Fox.
>>
>>321965971
He mentioned FAST in the post you dumbass.
>>
>>321965990
Command and 64 3D both sold well you moron.
>>
>>321965990
They're playing it safe and testing the waters. That's why the next Star Fox game is yet another reboot of the Lylat Wars instead of its own thing. If Zero bombs, Fox will be forever relegated to bouncing around the vanilla stages for Smash tourneyfags, because his franchise will be stone-cold dead.
>>
>>321965193
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/burnout-dev-criterion-nearly-made-a-wii-u-f-zero-game
>>
They have yet to figure out what they want to do to mix it up since they know there's no way to plain improve on GX except "more content and online" and they can't easily do that since the GX dev team is forever making Yakuza
>>
>>321965193
>make it the fastest mario kart yet

Slow down there bud, you're moving faster than 200cc.
>>
File: image.png (314 KB, 486x613) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314 KB, 486x613
>>321966419
Then why not make F-Zero GX HD so they can do just that?
>>
>>321965780
>What financial incentive is there to continue a series that's been on a decline?
To put it quite simply, it's good for their image. A company that's willing to create and nurture many new franchises and continue to support it's less-popular "cult classics" alongside it's triple-A Mario system sellers tends to perform better and have a better public reputation than a company that shills so blatantly as Nintendo does.

See: Sony. I don't personally buy Sony consoles, they've never appealed to me. But I can appreciate the fuck out of how they try securing lots of new IPs, and they fund small studios making games that they know they're never going to make a big profit off of.

Even if the games themselves didn't sell particularly well, the simple act of Nintendo putting out more original IPs and supporting more of their old classics would reflect well on them. Higher stocks, more consoles sold, and less people preaching doom for them.
>>
>>321965817
>A meme that was accepted if not birthed by 4chan
>birthed by 4chan
falcon punch has existed for almost twice as long as 4chan
>>
>>321965817
>Falcon Punch
>birthed by 4chan

lmao tbqh family
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.