[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Invade world >Host has 2 summons to walk him through an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>Invade world
>Host has 2 summons to walk him through an area
>This is a continious thing in most invasions

Are people literally incapable of playing the game without having two people to carry them through it? There are people on this board right now who do this and think its okay.

What's wrong with you?
>>
people co-oping have priority on invasions, especially the ones who have used dried finger to summon more phantoms
>>
>>334197539
So if you invade a player, you're more likely to invade the world of those in jolly co-operation?
That kind of ruins it.
>>
File: 1442986316741.png (232 KB, 386x647) Image search: [Google]
1442986316741.png
232 KB, 386x647
>OP mad as fuck he doesnt have any friends to co-op with

missing out on 50% of the souls series. If you didnt co-op the series with your pals by this point I dont even feel sorry for you. Its ending and you missed out, deal with it.
>>
Invasions died in ds2
DkS2 had retarded soul memory and DkS3 also limits invasions, the fun part of invading was bullying low levels not "muh balanced duel" invasions should be level free and weapon free, if a person is a embered or human its their fault.
>>
>>334197359
Co-oping is fun though, if I didn't care about beating my first game all by myself, I'd be co-oping too.
>>
>>334197732
What are you talking about?
Engaing in cooperation has nothing to do with the psot before. Its talking about INVASIONS not CO-OPERATIONS.

Learn to read.
>>
i was ganking with friends earlier, almost felt bad for the endless waves of invaders pouring in who kept getting melted by 4 of us
>>
>>334197359
How do you even get more than one phantom?
>>
File: 1337527889004.jpg (56 KB, 584x518) Image search: [Google]
1337527889004.jpg
56 KB, 584x518
>>334197359
>fan base of little babies

yes.
>>
>>334197887
can YOU not read?

Op is chiding people who co-op it because in his short invasion tenure he runs into more people in jolly cooperation than not and is visibly upset.
>>
>>334197732
>using summons on first playthrough
actually
>not playing offline on first playtrough
>>
>>334197661
>That kind of ruins it.

Yup.
>>
>>334198058
I think OP is more referring to the fact that people are co-oping continiously through areas of the game that can be easily solo'd, not necessarily boss fights.

I suppose given the amount of casuals playing they'd hit every soap stone they could.

Getting invaded is all part of the fun, but i don't blame people for not bothering given that you can have more than one summon at a time.
>>
>>334197732
>souls multiplayer of any kind
Fuck off.
>>
>>334197661
>That kind of ruins it.

that's the point my man
>>
>>334198096
>>334198336
Let me guess, you're one of those faggots who goes blazing in to new areas first isntead of laying down their stones to scope it out from the safety of the phantom world.
>>
>>334197732
>I-I didn't need them or a-anything it's for c-coop
>>
>>334197661
being an invading dickbag shouldn't be easy
>>
>all these faggots mad that they can't "one vs one" a host
I like how red phantoms so easily forget that they have all the enemies on their side, and that the host is at a disadvantage on a one vs one. Go to dueling arenas if you want a "fair" fight.
>>
>>334197359
>why do people play the game diffrent than I do?
If it's in the game, it's fair to use it as much as you'd like
>>
>>334198564
I dont. I just solo'd Sulyvahn with twinblades. In fact, I've been playing the entire game without a shield.
>>
>not co-oping now while you have the chance

6 months from now game will be almost as dead as ds1
>>
>>334198546
I go through the area like I would in any other single-player action RPG. The multiplayer is shit, co-op and PvP both.
>>
>>334198546
How casual can you get? Loss through exploration has always been a big part of the series and it tried to teach you to be more cautious. Let me guess, you would use online walkthroughs if summoning wasn't available.
>>
>>334198546
who the fuck does this shit?
>>
>>334198546
>laying down their stones to scope it out from the safety of the phantom world.

Not the anons you're replying too but why?
Isn't part of the fun too go out and explore it yourself knowing full well that you could die if you aren't careful/preparaed?
While it is safer to know enemy positions etc through being summoned aren't you kind of ruining the game experience and alot of its charm by doing that?

Maybe its just me but that seems abit cheesy.
>>
>>334197359
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334198546
whats wrong with that cuck
>>
>>334198701
>and that the host is at a disadvantage on a one vs one
Yeah man, 30% more hp gets really heavy.
>>
>>334198546
>not baiting dumbasses with bogus signs

It's like you don't like watching the blood stains pile up.
>>
>>334198664
If the person you were invading was good at the game it was never "easy" in any of the previous games. With 2 extra phantoms it's flat out impossible to kill a host without getting stupid lucky.
>>
>>334197732
Are you saying I can play dark souls 3 in complete with a friend for the whole game? Because I might just get into it then.
>>
>>334197359
> WOOOOW DUDE WHY WONT YOU LET ME KILL YOU EASILY

fuck off faggot maybe they are enjoying the game with friends and killing tryhards like you who invade their space
>>
>>334198762
Not that anon, but I do sometimes do that. Going to someone else's world as a phantom to "scope" it out is very little risk and very high reward. In fact the only thing you are really losing is time progressing your own game, but you at least get a bunch of souls if you die. It is a very reasonable approach, and the only reason not to do it is if you want to impose that "challenge" onto yourself. Shit even if you do play like that, sometimes you just don't get summoned for a long time so you end up playing through it anyways.
>>
>>334198947
Yeah, but you basically have to do every area twice because only the host makes real progress.
>>
File: git.png (29 KB, 1234x818) Image search: [Google]
git.png
29 KB, 1234x818
>>334197359
git gud nub, the game isn't fair for anyone
>>
>>334197359
>what's wrong with you?
nothing, you know, just enjoying the game with some buddies and wrecking some pussyass invaders so they could come here whine about how if it isn't on their terms it's bad.
if you want ruin our game, git gud scrub !
>>
>>334197359
Sounds like you need to git gud at invasion pvp
>>
I only summon other people for bosses, and only when I need. Never summoned someone outside of boss fights.
>>
>>334198752
>>334198754
>>334198762
Souls is about being cautious and smart. Honestly, thats the smartest thing you can do in new areas or even before bosses so you can get a better understanding of their moves and patterns. You are risking nothing, yet you also arent gimping yourself in your own run. since helping others progress doesnt add to your progress.

Its a feature in the game and you bet your ass I'm going to use it to full advantage. I still get satisfaction out of it, so its not like I'm robbing myself of anything.

If you can do ti on your own, there is no sin in ever co-oping with or for someone at any point.
>>
>>334199116
>very little risk and very high reward
Watching someone else play it on youtube is zero risk and complete reward
>impose that "challenge" onto yourself
So playing the game for yourself (and arguably how it's intended to be played) is considered a "challenge" now?
>>
>>334197359
>get summoned at abyss watchers
>hosts keep dying in 2nd phase
>get summoned
>guy just crawls into one corner in the 2nd phase and I have to solo it

there is no chance to win here, right? should i just progress on? thought i help some people and farm a bunch of sun med but this ain't working at all.
>>
I don't mind how invasions work, but I'm kinda bummed there wasn't a harder pvp covenant. Having 3 different covenants that give invasion rewards for doing pretty much the same thing is weird, and 5 out of the 6 rewards are just sorcerer shit.
>>
it's a console game of course it's going to be causal and have hand holding
>>
>>334199301
Not him but no, actually, watching someone on youtube is zero risk, but a low reward since you are watching someone else run through it first instead of you running through it alongside someone else on top of only getting souls for doing your run of it instead of the compiled souls from the co-op and your own run
>>
>>334199265
>Souls is about being cautious and smart
Might as well just use a mule since that's the "smart" thing to do. You get to start at the meat of the game without all that silly exploration, trial and error, or tedious acts such as playing the game yourself.
>>
>>334199496
But thats literally cheating and its only smart if you want to grief.
>>
kinda depressing that invasions will die out within a month
I already dropped the game, I won't even bother finishing it because the pvp is so incredibly shit
>>
>>334197359
>invade
>get ganked
>cries here like it's his blog
Nah OP, you deserved it.
>>
>>334199667
>playing souls games for the pvp
lmao
>>
>>334199667
but the pvp is best so far
>>
>>334198897
For a franchise who's tagline is "Prepare to Die," you really expect the bulk of people playing it to be good?
>>
are there realy people who play this game for the pvp?
>>
>>334199607
How? All you're doing is importing a save that saves you the trouble from having to farm it yourself. It's not like you have a direct advantage over others aside from not wasting time farming souls. Unless you think I mean grabbing the save of a level 1 with 99 in every stat. That's not what I'm talking about.
>>
>>334197359
Some people think it's fun to slash through a level with friends, nothing wrong with that.
How about you quit being a little bitch?
>>
>>334199815
>importing a save

cheating
>>
>>334199359
Use the Black Separation Crystal and have fun
>>
>>334197661
Don't get into PvP until endgame then, when everyone else is done with the main game and won't have summons as an option.=
>>
>There are people on this board right now who do this and think its okay.

I paid for the game. I can do whatever I want.
>>
how the hell is anyone supposed to understand this soap stone glowing orb circlet bullshit

speak english or include a manual with your game
>>
>>334199870
So if my hdd dies and I was smart enough to back it up I'm not allowed to import my save and have to start all over again? Darn!
>>
>>334199872
Also, you can invade people with Warriors of Sunlight to farm medals
>>
You are entering peoples worlds for the express purpose to ruin his day.

On what grounds do you have to complain?
>>
>>334199971
I'm not going to argue with someone who sees all situations as black and white.
>>
>>334200000
if they really don't want people invading, they can play offline
>>
>>334199860
The mind of people who find the most enjoyable part of Souls games to be invading is one of simple selfishness, they won't change. They want some sort of honorable 1v1 duel, even when for I would wager a vast majority of players, they don't want to deal with that nonsense at the moment.

They're a lot like competitive Smash players, I suppose. Not even the dev really wants them around, but they'll at least throw some scraps to appease them.
>>
>>334197359
>at first I was whining like OP
>then I git gud and went through half of the game at SL15 with an unupgraded weapon
>I also learned the environment and how to easily turn situations to my advantage
>most people I face have no idea what my rings effects even are
>stacking the estus cancel talismans like crazy
>haven't lost a single invasion since I joined Rosaria
git gud
Ruining other people's adventures shouldn't be easy
>>
my first time invading a dude as soon as i get in his world he summons two other players, we were in the halfway castle so a watchdog invaded and myself and the dog took out the two coop dudes aaaaaannnnnnnnnddd we got disconnected.
bet that nigga host quit baka
>>
>>334200032
How am I only seeing things as black and white? You said importing was cheating, not me. Did you mean that importing some other character was cheating because it gave you an unfair advantage over other players?

Huh, almost like getting to run through an area with no risk is getting an advantage over other players that run through it solo.
>>
>>334200130
You didnt answer the question
>>
>>334197359

co op is a lot of fun.

also some of the best invasions i had in bloodborne were 2v1 or 3v1. use the map and mobs to your advantage, have some fun and stop whining like a bitch.
>>
The problem with this shit is that most people consider co-op and invasions like two completely different parts of the game.
While they're actually two sides of the same coin.
You want to summon phantoms for co-op? Then yes you should be prepared to be invaded
You want to invade someone? Be prepared to face multiple opponent

All these fucking faggots with 3 phantoms who immediately run to their bonfire and disconnect when they start losing should kill themselves, they don't understand what Dark Souls is.
>>
>>334200370
This goes for duelist fags, too.

If I didn't summon you through a red sign, it's not a duel, and don't expect me to not backstab you while you bow.
>>
>>334197359
Just some things I've noticed about invaders while going through high PVP areas solo:

>A good 90% are Bad Mannered black phantoms that don't respond to my bows

>Like to spam heals in the middle of a duel while I've yet to pop an estus flask myself

>Like to run and hide behind groups of enemies or big bads

>Like to spam parry until I kick them in the mouth

This new generation of Black Phantoms deserve every 3v1 dicking they run into.
>>
>>334200370
>You want to invade someone? Be prepared to face multiple opponent
They already get additional health, what do they need 3 additional allies for? Sure invaders have the enemies "on their side" but it's not like the host is forced to try and fight enemies while fighting the invader. They can always hang back in an area they cleared and have the invader come to them.
>>
>>334198546
LMAO you are such a fucking casual. Seriously, that just kinda ruins the game, just run in you fucking pussy
>>
>edgelord red phantoms always spouting their "do whatever lol im here to fuk ppl up lol get rekt" mentality
>suddenly quiet when the odds go against them

Faggots
>>
File: 1453054228040.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1453054228040.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>334197359
Utilize the mobs idiot. They are there for you to use.
>>
File: 1383084569026.jpg (51 KB, 307x449) Image search: [Google]
1383084569026.jpg
51 KB, 307x449
>>334197359
>mfw my first 2v2v3 invasion
best PVP yet
>>
being invaded is fun too, i can never understand the people who are so afraid of a little bit of PvP that they consider invaders to be attempting to ruin the game.
>>
>>334200689
Because odds aren't against the host.
>>
I keep getting "failed to retrieve latest calibrations".

Got it to work yesterday but only once and after I logged back in I has not worked since last night.
Can anybody help?
I just want to do some jolly cooperation.
>>
>>334197359
I can't even connect to online, how the fuck are other people able to do it? Like, I can still talk to people through my mic but I can't do anything online-related with the game.
>>
>>334200735
this desu
>>
>>334199264
someone give this faggot a participation medal
>>
>>334200509
I mean, if I see the nigger phantoms just running at me while I bow, I just roll out of it. Then I give them the dicking and a taunt at the end that they deserve.
>>
>>334197359
>oh look it's another fucking "Pissy Invaders Bitching About Not Being Able To Harass People As Easily" thread
when will they stop crying and making dozens of these threads?
>>
>>334200716
>host runs back and summons more phantoms
there should be some sort of cap, also can dark spirits summon sunbros mid invasion?
>>
>>334200735
Personally, incoming invaders get my dick hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 428x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 428x576
I've played most of each souls game with a friend right next to me. It was honestly some of the most fun I've ever had, being able to share theories immediately, exploring together, experiment fighting stuff together, dying together, be scared together, laugh together. I don't think my experience was dampened in any way by having my friends with me. I played maybe one fourth of it it all alone and while fun, it was always more fun with a friend.

TL;DR It's not about shitting on invaders when we get them or being carried. It's about sharing a great world with my friends.

Also I've invaded in both previous games when there are multiple summons. If you're having a problem I suggest you git gud.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 540x960
Being invaded scares the crap out of me, I just play offline because I like going on an adventure by myself. Other players almost feel like they defeat the purpose of the intentionally desolate landscape
>>
>>334200550
The invader invades with the intent to kill. He's prepared for it, the weapons he picked, the rings, the armor...
He has all the tools to ruin the host day if choose to.

The host can be pretty new to the area, and even if he's not, he picked his weapons, his equipment, his quick-use items accordingly to what he's currently facing in a PvE environment, meaning it's probably not as efficient against another player.

When I invade my weapon always do way more damage than the opponent, always. So I think it's fair to let him have more health.
>>
>>334197732
This is either really bad bait or you're the stupidest person I've seen post in the past week.
>>
>>334200795
That timestamp. Are you ME>>334200794?????
>>
Is it just me or do the character models seem too big?
>>
>>334200903
Eventually they will be at a disadvantage if they are trying to push through mobs to get at you. You attack when they're fighting the mobs and then you solo the host down when he's alone. If he gets a summon going you can kill him before the summon goes through and if you fail to kill him within that time you can just go back to the mobs again.
>>
>>334200916
you sound gay as fuck
>>
>>334197359
>OP is upset DS3 has a casual option
Remember when you faggots went nuts about the invincible Arwing in Star Fox Zero? You ain't got shit to say now.
>>
>invade some guy with 2 phantoms
>another red phantom is already there, gets wrecked pretty fast
>yet another red phantom shows up while I'm doing the benny-hills routine with these assholes, also gets wrecked
>get chased around until I'm down to the magic pixel
>welp I'm fucked, start swinging randomly
>random riposte on the host of embers despite not parrying him
>takes him from 3/4 to empty in a single shot
>dowhatyoumustIhavealreadywon.png

dunno what you guys are complaining about, this is way more intense than any invasion I ever did in the first two games
>>
>>334200916
Anything is more fun with a friend
You know that 90% of the game is designed to be played alone right? Can't believe I share this board with people who can't even face a challenge.
>>
>>334200978
>When I invade my weapon always do way more damage than the opponent, always. So I think it's fair to let him have more health.
Fair enough. Though I think 2-3 phantoms on your side heavily outweighs your set up being less efficient at pvp.
>>
>>334201198
really because it feels more and more like the game is being designed with co op in mind

so far ds3 has a much higher concentration of enemies and high HP than the other souls games
>>
>>334200938
>says that invasions are anti-climatic
>games have NPCs invasions since DeS
>>
File: 1454983265284.png (858 KB, 889x717) Image search: [Google]
1454983265284.png
858 KB, 889x717
>tfw you are having a blast playing the game and suddenly it comes to a halt because your biggest phobia appears as a common enemy
>>
>>334198096
i always do this , until i learned that npcs dont invade you if you play offline and my favourite armor drops from one of these cunts.
>>
Co op is for people not good enough to beat it themselves. You can bullshit whatever excuse you want. I know because I summon help for some bosses.
>>
>>334201290
In NG+ maybe but I just beat the game at SL78 and thought it wasn't too challenging, except Nameless King seriously fuck that faggot and you can't summon for this fight anyway.
>>
File: 2016-04-13-0922-27.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-13-0922-27.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
The only time it's REALLY gay is when they're clearly on some sort of voip together and can co-ordinate really well because of it.

Other than that, just play like the biggest cunt possible. There's no reason to ever fight on their terms.
>>
>>334201290
>so far ds3 has a much higher concentration of enemies
Didn't people whine about this in ds2? Suddenly it's okay?
>>
>>334201302
spiders?
I could handle these water spiders in Irythill but the spider monkeys are fucking horrific, thanks god none of them are mandatory to progress
>>
File: 1460520282458.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1460520282458.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>
>>334201473
this the same witch player ive seen using tons of pyromaniac?

kinda fun watching them kill people
>>
File: 1437375260415.png (307 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
1437375260415.png
307 KB, 427x559
>>334201546
Leeches. I will never make it through Farron's Keep
>>
>>334201473
>Yuria set
what? where? how?
Also which SL and weapon upgrade do you recommend to invade in Irythill?
>>
>>334201302
That is what I dread. Bloodborne pulled that shit on me, and I know this fucking game will. DaS wasn't too bad, so maybe it'll dip more in that field, but I highly doubt it./
>>
>>334201026
Nah, but I'm having the same issue as you. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>334201716
i thought they were slugs
>>
>>334197359
>Summoned as a Blue Sentinel to help a host and his friend
>Point down emote at Host and other WP to signify I want them to stay put
>Go to the center of a cleared out area with fire hazards, bow to BP
>BP bows back, he buffs his weapon and I let him
>Engage in a jolly good duel of epic proportions
>Best my opponent in a narrow victory, Pray for the fallen
>Host has voip on, "Good show, sir. T'was an epic duel."

None of you godless currs will know the joys of a chivalrous romp.
>>
>>334198664
>I'm a PCuck casual who started with Dark Souls
Fuck off
>>
>finish helping someone with a boss
>spawn back into my world to see an enemy phantom casually strolling towards me
It was funny.
>>
>>334201753
They're like a mix, it's not much better.
>>
>>334201530
I didn't say it was a positive thing, I said it was making the game more co-op focused which I think is bad
>>
FUCK CARTHUS FUCKING 50 SKELETONS EVERY 5 FEET
>>
>>334197359
Oh yeah 1v1 me faggot
>>
File: 1451274550370.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1451274550370.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>>334201753
no theyre shell-less snails anon
>>
>>334201836
I was a little assuming there. I just meant that as soon as ds2 was out I saw people bitching about that and I haven't seen anyone complaining about it in ds3.
>>
>>334197359
>Fanbase full of casual babby need tons of help
>Finally clear with constant help and coop
>"LMAO GIT GUD U DIED TO X BOSS LOL WE I MEAN ME I #REKT IT!"

Nobody is surprised. Most of my friends constantly brag about their runs/playthrus even though I know they cooped.
>>
>>334201842
>matchmaking is determined by soul level
Good
>and the level of your weapon
What?
>>
>get invaded
>he's running towards me
>i start running away
>end up hiding from him for like 10 mins
>can't find me
>get a message saying I'm a bitch
>block him
>continue to hide
>he leaves
>can't bring myself to leave my hiding spot in case I get invaded again

why is it so scary guys
>>
>>334201670
Nah I don't have any magic besides a heal spell. Been leveling faith for a buff spell or two tho.

>>334201718
Free the witch in the Dungeon, then buy her set from the old woman merchant? I think, anyway. Maybe it was the Eastern Ashes I picked up nearby, but I doubt it.

I think I'm around level 40? I was probably closer to 30 when I started invading there, though. I don't have any weapons passed +6.
>>
File: 1295892236183.jpg (47 KB, 319x243) Image search: [Google]
1295892236183.jpg
47 KB, 319x243
>WOOOOOOOW IT TOOK THREE OF YOU TO KILL ME
>>
>>334201842
Those Boulder Skeletons look like they're having so much fun though
>>
I never play Souls games online. The online aspects just ruin the game for me.
>>
>>334201949
Woops, didn't mean to reply
>>
>>334197359
>What's wrong with you?
I don't know about DaS3 but i always summon as many people as i can for DaS2 since they need the drops.It doesn't matter that i am one shotting everything in the area.I even summon reds and suicide so they can get a kill.But i am a bro who cares for his fellow undead so i do it.

If my laptop was able to run DaS3 i'd do the same thing there.
>>
File: 1454562409375.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1454562409375.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>334198729
>Naked
>lvl 26
>Bkgs +2
>Grass crest shield
>Mfw I 2 shot invaders using the uchi
>>
File: 1456889359308.jpg (203 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1456889359308.jpg
203 KB, 500x499
>Invade a solo player
FINALLY, IT'S TIME TO FUCK SOMEONE UP
>Blue Sentinels start pouring in
>>
File: mm.jpg (51 KB, 864x479) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
51 KB, 864x479
>What, you expect a fair fight? You're an invader.
>The host is at a disadvantage, so it's a fair fight this way.
>Um, excuse me? You don't have their consent to invade them...

What the fuck happened to this series? Remaining human is a risk-reward dynamic. You consciously risk being human for the benefits that humanity brings, including the ability to summon phantoms. There's nothing wrong with summoning phantoms if you're a fucking casual or want jolly co-operation, but how can anyone claim that it's a fair fight when:
>Invasions prioritize hosts with phantoms
>Hosts who summon typically summon two phantoms
>Weapon upgrades, not only soul level, limit invasions
>Invaders have their health reduced
>Everyone can heal, but the host and his phantoms have an advantage - they can cover each other
>Healing is fast as fuck, difficult to punish even in one-on-one encounters
Invading is ridiculously skewed in the hosts favor. The only benefit that the invader has over the host is that they're invading, which means that they're presumably ready for PVP. Only a fucking idiot is incapable of at least trying to fight back against an invader.

The threat of being invaded if I CONSCIOUSLY became human was one of the things that initially interested me in the series. Why is this suddenly a bad thing?
>>
>>334201949
Their attempt at stopping twinks. So the new hotness is only getting your weapon to +6
>>
File: 1453125786229.png (115 KB, 433x407) Image search: [Google]
1453125786229.png
115 KB, 433x407
what the fuck am I supposed to do in farron keep, I can't see any other ways of progressing otherwise
>>
File: nightmares.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>summon two friends
>hang around an invasion-heavy area
>make invaders our fuccbois

this is the life
>>
>>334201530
Not him, but DS3 feels much more coop than 2 was intended, 2 just had shit enemy placements.
>>
>>334202185
have you already press x to douse the flame?
>>
You're all faggots jesus christ

i bet you needed help on abyss watcher
>>
>>334201949
DON'T YOU EVER REPLY TO ME OR MY WIFE'S SON AGAIN
>>
If you really want to invade to piss people off, you should learn how to actually PvP first before you start using NPCs and other tricks during invasions.

Nothing makes people more asshurt than someone who does that kind of shit but actually knows how to fight.

Most people who use NPCs and shit like Chameleon are fucked because they don't know how to fight once the trick fails.
>>
>>334200370

That's what happens when niche series go mainstream and start attracting these non-fans who just want to beat it as quickly as possible and fly over to the next mass marketed AAA flavor of the month trash.

They have no interest in the longevity of the game, they are like hyenas who just take a massive dump on the thing, get what they want and leave to spread their cancer somewhere else.

All my invasions so far have been nothing but the host just sitting at the bonfire spamming summons while I fight off endless waves of phantoms. They've succesfully killed the one feature that this series invented and that made it stand out for the sake of pandering to the lowest common denominator and amassing sales.

Gotta make sure every baby out there can beat "le hardest game evah xD" so he can recommend it to their friends.

Casuals won.
>>
>>334202187
>sunbroing it up
>invade with another dark spirit
>a guy and his white knights are sitting at a high point taunting
>lead the charge and disorganize them while the big fat guy rapes them one at a time
>after we kill them all, quickly kill my ally before the desummon
Loving the new sun bros
>>
Just put red soapstone at the second bonfire at boreal city and enjoy 1v1 duels. Im 60 and been dueling whole night there.
>>
File: honour.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
honour.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>mfw people try to "invade honourably"
>>
File: 1449360771649.jpg (66 KB, 968x1068) Image search: [Google]
1449360771649.jpg
66 KB, 968x1068
Why are PvP'ers the most autistic of every fanbase?

>No heals
>Bow before
>Final destination

They make up this stupid little meta, make up arbitrary shit rules, cry when someone who probably doesn't even give a shit about their faggotry shit stomps when or "doesn't play by the rules."
>>
>>334202173
Seems pretty dumb, and I doubt all weapons are balanced at their base stats. I wish they would just let us deal with twinks until we can twink ourselves out, to feel like we progressed instead of arbitrary honorubu duels.

>>334202268
Deal with it nerd
>>334202268
>>334202268
>>334202268
>>334202268
>>
>>334197359
They are afraid of the challenge, the quest.

I plan on soloing the game in my first play through and I'm doing so far so good.

I'm at the ice watch dog beast that guards the gate
>>
>>334202143
most people are complaining about the fact they wanna 3v1 invade hosts like you could in previous games after the initial release rush of players died down. Give it like 2 months and it'll go right over to it
>>
>>334202252
???

what flame, the cauldrons were already empty when i got to the giant ass gate

what the fuck did I miss
>>
>>334202712
you are retarded, go to the high hills and look for fire
>>
I just noticed I can still use my weapon arts with no FP remaining. What's with that?
>>
>>334202790
less damage.
>>
>>334197359
>wow, why don't they play the game MY way, how can they be so unlike ME

The millennial narcissism dilemma seems to be getting stronger
>>
>currently sick
>in the middle of boss fight
>feel diarrhea trying to seep out
>have to quit the fight or risk shitting my pants
>>
>>334202496
How did you get that set? My favorite one from DeS.
>>
>>334201779
>>334198897
I'm a bad invader who want's my knightly 1v1 combat when I force my way into peoples' worlds
nah dude you asked for it, go join the duel covenant if you want to be a pvp queero
>>
>>334197359
>wahh I can't get easy kills
let them play however they want
>>
>>334197359
i'm ashamed nobody has said the only thing needed for this entire topic, "git gud"
>>
>>334197732
No sir,coop is extra content meant for shenanigans and if you coop thru the first play through you are casual.

If you can't even make it to a boss arena without aid you just plain suck.

I always run thru area and unlock all shortcuts then if I have extended trouble with a boss I may summon someone at the fog
>>
>>334202871
I agree. When will dark souls get with the times and have an auto option?
>>
>>334202617
>I plan on soloing the game in my first play through

That's exactly what I did, while all of my friends are summoning eachother. I can't blame them for that, but I also can't bring myself to do that for my first playthrough.
>>
>>334197661
Equip Sunbro convent before invading, you'll prioritize players who already have an invader present

JOLLY COOPERATION
>>
>>334200219
Why don't you just edit the games files to get to the last boss immediately?
>>
>>334198701
Yeah v is filled with causally who'd have thought
>>
>>334198275
Psst. [Spoiler]Maybe for some people, playing co-op has nothing to do with making it easier and everything to do with having fun with their friends. I personally have a character that I solo with and one that I use solely for coop bevause it's fun to shit around with people I know.[/spoiler]
>>
>Abyss Watchers weapon with Artorias armor

It's perfect
>>
>>334200287
he wont answer the question because you are correct
>>
File: 1454316734248.jpg (53 KB, 454x528) Image search: [Google]
1454316734248.jpg
53 KB, 454x528
How about you invaders git gud
>>
>>334202871
How utterly brave of you to say that when it is currently cattering to your casual needs, huh? Brave little princess.
>>
>>334203093
Because that's editing the game files, not importing a save. Now if you meant importing a save of a character at the last boss then feel free. It's not like it's an unfair advantage because anyone can import that character or anyone can reach the last boss without doing so.
>>
The estoc is a beast
>>
>>334203242
>you have to play the game MY way or git gud xD
You ruined the fanbase
>>
>>334203242
>online game
>why does he have friends and not me :[[[[[[
>>
File: ree.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>334197359
FUCK THE NARUTO SKELETONS IN THE TOMB

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334202967
>calling someone casual when you can't git gud yourself

Try not summoning at all if you want to call someone a casual, faggot.
>>
>>334202842
Do they lose their special properties too like guard breaking?
>>
>>334202783
the giant ass towers with the flames on top? aint no prompt when i go to them f a m
>>
>>334203343

No, it's YOU who ruined the fanbase because you're a non-fan, you're a casual who wants no difficulty on your path. I was there the very moment /v/ started playing the asian version of Demon's Souls, you're just a casual who saw some big ad and started with either dark souls 1 or 2. You're the people who always cried "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a guy with a stronger weapon killed me waaaaaaaaaaaa" and now you're happy they are pandering to casuals like you so you try to act tough while the game is further casualized. Invasions have been ran into the ground in comparison to how they were before and the only people who are happy with this are hyenas like you who were never fans of this series before and embraced what it did differently than all the other series out there who hold your hand like an infant. You are the millennial here and your ilk have cried so loud and so constantly to destroy invasions that they are now hearing to you, so don't try to turn this back on the people who actually loved the games as a whole and didn't treat invasions as something that weren't even part of the game like you do.
You ruined this hobby.
>>
>>334201842
>the massive skeleton ambush by the bridge
You're supposed to run across and cut the bridge while they're on it, but I fucked up and they all followed me into the tiny hallway just before the boss, what a clusterfuck
>>
>tfw haven't been summoning
>still getting invasions
>the people invading me have been pretty bro-tier
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 556x242) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 556x242
>>334202871
>all those buzzwords
>>
>>334203218
>Invade
>1v4
>Host and phantoms just sit in a room doing absolutely nothing waiting for me
Im having so much fun
>>
>>334197661
The devs never wanted PVP to be honorable. You're supposed to use the environment and enemies to your advantage.
>>
>>334203729
As usual, throwing the word "casul" everywhere. What was the fun of invading, just being a dick, right? Killing people with purposefully overlevelled people without a challange?
>>
>>334203729

Fresh pasta
>>
>>334200652
>tale of two knights.png
>>
is there any kind of rusted iron ring or equivalent in the game?
i cant stand moving through these swamp areas at a snails pace
>>
are there armor/weapon breaking spells this time around?
>>
>>334204363
_No
>>
>>334202995
>. I can't blame them for that, but I also can't bring myself to do that for my first playthrough.

Yes you can they are casual scum and not true gamers.
Then fucks like them will come here to /v/and brag about how easy the game is even though they summoned thru out half the game
>>
>>334203729

No, it's YOU who ruined the fanbase because you're a huge faggot, you're a bitch who wants multiple cocks on your face. I was there the very moment you started getting fucked by the asian, you're just a casual who saw some big ad and started with sucking 1 or 2 dicks. You're the people who always cried "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a guy with a stronger dick fucked your tight boipussy waaaaaaaaaaaa" and now you're happy they are pandering to pussies like you so you try to act tough while your boipussy is continuously pounded. Gay orgies have been ran into the ground in comparison to how they were before and the only people who are happy with this are bumboys like you who were never fans of dicks before and embraced what it did differently than all the other tools out there that hold your dick like an infant. You are the fag here and your ilk have cried so loud and so constantly to destroy asses that they are now hearing to you, so don't try to turn this back on the people who actually loved getting fucked as a whole and didn't treat anal plays as something that weren't even part of getting fucked like you do.
You ruined this faggotry.
>>
>>334197359
Most normalfags only buys Souls games because they can play them with their friends.
>>
>>334200910
same, like literally.
>>
>>334204719
>Yes you can they are casual scum and not true gamers.

Whoa, calm down there before you start building a concentration camp.
>>
>>334204719

Dark Souls 1 was too hard anyway, glad it's a bit easier in DS3
>>
>>334202573
idk its just being decent i guess. Its just a fag move to come in with an immediate backstab or some shit and then estus chug like 900 times.
>>
>>334205234
>too hard
fucking git gud
>>
>>334205272
It's just funny when I go through all the trouble of bowing and then they are chugging 50 flasks while I haven't even reached 50% HP yet.
>>
>>334205234
DaS1 is the easiest Souls after vanilla DaS2.
>>
>>334205361

Too hard, want it easy
>>
>>334205486

I hope Dark Souls 3 is even easier than DS1
>>
File: 1396668208254.jpg (5 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1396668208254.jpg
5 KB, 251x246
>>334197359
Are you really that mad that invasion babbies like you aren't being coddled anymore?
>>
File: 20160414002624_1.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414002624_1.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
which one of you was this?
>>
>>334197780
Invasions were great in DS2 what are you talking about?
>>
>>334203930
>As usual, throwing the word "casul" everywhere

You millennials are funny. You get to act like something and then you think that you have the right to not be called out by it. Be as much of a casual as you want, that your prerrogative. But you will be called exactly what you are for that is mine. Don't like it? Tough shit, deal with it, casual.
>>
>>334197359
>just beat a boss and restored ember form
>worried about invaders and my 50,000 souls
>summon two guys to fend off probable invaders
If it was just PvE, there'd be a lot less summons.
>>
can a kind soul lend some advice here? I'm outside the abyss watchers fight, should I go back and do the cathedral before this or is that supposed to be done after? I'm level 29
>>
>>334206181
You'll need a key item from the cathedral to progress further. But the cathedral itself is a dead end.
I did cathedral first. It's probably my favorite area so far.
>>
>>334206090
>You millennials are funny
As usual, throwing all these insults at people, making assumptions and pretending Dark Souls is a revolutionary franchise of "hard" games. Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>334197359
>be embered
>get invaded by one guy
>we trade and have a good time
>another phantom invades
>I see him running at me
>run for the bonfire area where there are summon signs
>once there I decide not to bother since I won't really lose anything upon death
>first guy who invaded sees that I'm not summoning and just sits down and watches me battle the second guy
>lose hard
At least they were gentlemen about it, idn't even do a stupid dance on my corpse or anything.
>>
>>334206319
Alright, I'll do it first as well then. Thanks
>>
>>334206398
>getting double invasion when you're solo
You had witnessed a miracle. There's 0.00000000000000001% chance of this happening in Dark Souls 3.
>>
All these years the invaders would call those that bitch at them to git gud.

Now its the non-invaders who're telling the invaders to git gud.

Truly we live in changing times.
>>
>>334199961
>or include a manual with your game
They did you digicuck
>>
>>334206582
Is it? I don't really care for summoning help and this is the second time it's happened.
>>
Whenever I invade someone, the host and the other phantoms are stuck in t-pose
>>
>>334201305
What. Is it a specific npc? since I'm sure I've been invaded by that npc invader in undead settlement while offline.
>>
>>334206753
Matchmaking prioritizes hosts with phantoms. The more phantoms the higher seems to be the priority.
I've been playing the whole game in cinder form, never summoning, and I've been invaded no more than 5 times in total. Never double invaded.
>>
File: puh.jpg (49 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
puh.jpg
49 KB, 720x400
>>334203729

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>334206337
>As usual, throwing all these insults at people

See how much of a millennial baby you are? You can't even handle your own poison since you were the one who opened up insulting me and calling me a millennial the first place. Glad I could show you own your hypocrisy. Hopefully now you learn, although I wouldn't exactly place any bets on a casual hyena like yourself, that's for sure, but that is your problem, so please, do cry more.
>>
File: 1437623452.png (136 KB, 355x297) Image search: [Google]
1437623452.png
136 KB, 355x297
>>334202967
>if I have extended trouble with a boss I may summon someone at the fog

casual shitters everywhere
>>
>>334197359
>WOW WHAT IS THIS SHIT THEY DIDNT EVEN BOW WHAT THE FUCK

git gud, don't invade, or fuck off. pick one and only one you fucking faggot
>>
>>334206936
I guess I'm just that lucky.
>>
File: can you like shut up.gif (368 KB, 277x206) Image search: [Google]
can you like shut up.gif
368 KB, 277x206
>>334203729
>getting this mad over a video game
>>
File: 1389916696918.gif (330 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1389916696918.gif
330 KB, 350x350
>>334203892
>do a quick sprint into them
>the all dodgeroll backwards
>>
>>334207303
I have a feeling you're confusing anons. Also, whoever thinks the words "milennial" and "casual" are good arguments, and even insulting, should do a Kurt Cobain. You look like an utter fucking retard and examplify perfectly why it's so easy to ruin Dark Souls threads. You guys are so sensitive it's like comedy.

Maybe you should "git gud" and fight the gank squads lul
>>
>steam just died
>cant play

Time for a refund.
>>
Uh, Steam down?
>>
>>334208003
fuck, I was holding back 3 niggas with my spear and spamming the clap taunt for the last 10 minutes, how can I be smug if they survived?
>>
STEAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334206936

Same here, I only got invaded 3 times
One was a farron wolf, was an ok fight.
Then a rosarina who killed me, same area.
And last another rosarina who just said fuck it and crystaled out of farron.
>>
File: 2r2aoic.gif (842 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
2r2aoic.gif
842 KB, 250x167
Do the Darkwraiths in Farron Keep really drop the Dark Sword; because I've killed them enough to get four full sets of armor and haven't even seen a sword yet.
>>
>Red kid invades while I'm co-oping with friend
>Have to wait for him to show up
>He sees there are two of us and won't attack
>We aren't stupid enough to chase him
>Eventually comes in for a poke but runs to the nearest monster pack the moment he gets bopped

Yeah real fun, stop invading if you're just going to wuss out and waste everyones time.
>>
>>334197359
>invading babby
>gets ruffled when the host isn't honroabu victim

Every souls game it never fails.
>>
>>334197359
>M-MUH 1v1 DUELS
Fuck off. Evey invasion I've done where it's host+2 co-ops I just wait and usually some other bumfuck invades as well.
>>
>>334208282
>wahhh why won't this guy let me gank him??
>>
>>334208267

I got mine from the two outside the watchers fight, had to use a gold coin to get it though.
>>
Who my Blue Sentinels? I feel like this is the most fun PvP covenant since you're saving somebody's ass. Only problem is spawning in to a dead host.
>>
File: rabbits.webm (237 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
rabbits.webm
237 KB, 720x404
>mfw seed of giant
>cunts invading me in Farrons Keep keep dying to all the poison and frogs

The seed is a lot better in DaS3 because it last much much longer.
>>
>>334197359
I have played 85% of the game so far with two summons helping me. It's really fun.
>>
Yes. I got one on the fifth or sixth kill.
>>
>>334208003
It's down.

I wouldn't have found this shitstain of a thread otherwise, holy shit. It's a war of casuals vs gitgudders

>>334206181
You can't go past the area after their bonfire yet, but go ahead and do their fight. The weapons you can make from the boss soul are fun as fuck if you have the str/dex to use them.
>>
File: 1458694218156.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1458694218156.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>when I invade and the host doesn't bow
I just black crystal out. He'll probably just chug and summon spam. Not gonna waste my time with that.
>>
wow invasion-fag sure are assblasted about this
>>
>>334208497

literally cant tell if thats BB or DS3
>>
>>334203725

There are 3 high areas, one in the middle one at the left and one at the right (more or less).
Once you reach the top of these high areas there's a very tiny flame in an archway that you have to douse off.
After doing it with the 3 of them you unlock the big stone door.

I recommend you rush to the end and activate the bonfire right before the door. It made things easier for me.
>>
>>334202443
Sunbros can invade now?
>>
>>334208149
lmfao i wish i couldve seen that
>>
>>334208267
I got mine from the second one I killed

If only I was as lucky irl
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.