[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell do i unlock this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 17
File: uwaaa.png (236 KB, 790x546) Image search: [Google]
uwaaa.png
236 KB, 790x546
How the hell do i unlock this?
>>
you stupid or somethin'?

with a key dum dum
>>
Golden Key
>>
>>333931831
Do i find it somewhere in the level?
>>
>>333931710
You need a gold key. Has a chance to drop off one of the enemies on the floor including the boss itself.

I say "chance" because it isn't guaranteed. Like everything else in this shitty fucking game.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING ITEM DROPS? SPELUNKY IS MORE GENEROUS THAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT
>>
I refunded the game yesterday

The movement is slow, the enemies are bullet sponges, the default weapons feel like shit, nothing ever drops, the classes are way too similar
>>
>>333931861
I have a feeling that at some point the devs will boost the key drop rate or something, and from that moment on you'll have faggot purists who post about how the game was ruined from that moment forth.

Calling it now.
>>
File: 20160410205557_1.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160410205557_1.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>>333931861
It always drops from a mob on that level, like I have never not seen/heard that to be the case at all. Key drop rates got a slight increase last update, but you still really need to play hunter to be able to open most chests. Just beat the 5th floor non-hidden final boss yesterday, felt good.
>>
>>333931861
I feel like it's one wrong move and bam insta dead
>>
File: 1292900601230.jpg (157 KB, 477x719) Image search: [Google]
1292900601230.jpg
157 KB, 477x719
>>333931975
The drop rates NEED to be increased. Even Nuclear Throne has better drop rates.

There is zero reason for me to clear three rooms and at least three dozen enemies only to be rewarded a mere 2 shells.

What the fuck is the point of all these chests or a shop keep if I can't open or buy anything? This is why people get trainers.
>>
>Have a great run lots of health
>Get raked over the coals in the forge by the map hiding the dragun away in in the furthest room
>Nothing but skeleton revolver dudes

Well I was ready to finally win a run but I guess not.
>>
File: 1458896693498.png (569 KB, 588x412) Image search: [Google]
1458896693498.png
569 KB, 588x412
I've just finished killing the second stage boss without taking any damage, but even though I did get hit during the stage I still got the second chamber mastery.

What gives?
>>
>>333932673
The mastery no-hit rule only applies to the boss fight.
>>
I've played nuclear thorne. The drops were ok.
I've played Ftl, it's rng was also ok.
I've played BoI:Rebirth. Is easy as balls, vanilla Isaac was more difficult that this shit.
I`ve played Darkest Dungeon. Rng can fuck you up sometimes, but overall is ok.

BUT THIS FUCKING SHIT... what were the devs thinking?!
>>
File: 1421394184743.png (269 KB, 582x414) Image search: [Google]
1421394184743.png
269 KB, 582x414
>>333932752
>Make tons of items/weapons
>Lock them behind chests/money
>Make keys/money that never drops
>Make huge variety of enemies
>Have them scale each floor, even the weakest/smallest enemies
>Make no guarantee that you scale with them at all
>Have variety of status effects like Burning/Poison/Frozen/Electric
>Burning/Poison is exactly the same, deals small damage over time, made almost utterly useless by scaling enemies/enemies that flat out aren't effected by them
>Electricity is the same as fire, it only works when it shocks water which is rarely present to begin with

What were they fucking thinking?
>>
>Its a "Let's punish bad players!" episode
Thought we had gotten rid of these shitbrains ages ago.
>>
>>333933738
They only reward good players for no-hitting the bosses.

The claims of getting better drops for not being hit in rooms was disproved.
>>
>>333931710
you don't what you do is put the game down and play something that isn't shit
>>
>>333933883
If an enemy hits you, that enemy will never drop any money. Also the aforementioned +1 extra heart container for beating a boss not being hit. With how scarce hearts/shields tend to be all the above is reward enough for not getting hit. If I can't beat the first boss without getting hit I restart everytime.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-02+at+11.06.21).jpg (136 KB, 686x691) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-02+at+11.06.21).jpg
136 KB, 686x691
I finally beat the Dragun after putting in 24 hours of game time. Just turn off the shitty music and put on your 2hu eurobeat to make you play better.
>>
File: 1261726607530.gif (2 MB, 382x369) Image search: [Google]
1261726607530.gif
2 MB, 382x369
>>333933442
>Make an NPC that steals every item drop except health drops should you leave the room it's in for even a few seconds

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1449003622279.png (248 KB, 652x624) Image search: [Google]
1449003622279.png
248 KB, 652x624
>>333934182
>WAAAAAH I CANT ABUSE GAME MECHANICS
>>
>>333934403
>Abuse game mechanics

It's a fucking game mechanic in itself you autist, a retarded mechanic. Something no other RNG-based game has.
>>
what game?
>>
>>333934403
Not that guy, but you used to be able to scare away Resourceful Rat (RR) from an item for good by teleporting in and out twice - worked 100% of the time. Last update they fucking changed it so no matter what even after 20 teleports and shooting the fucker he will steal your shit. Get a ammo box drop early on floor one? Yeah fuck you too game. fuck you hard.
>>
>>333934147
I went through the music of the first two DOOM episodes as Marine and got stomped by High Priest
>>
I must be the only anon here actually happy about the game's balance. The only thing I want more off, is items dropping more often and special rooms being slightly more frequent.

Besides that, I just want more content to be released down the line, including new characters.

I can completely, COMPLETELY, forgive the apparent level of rng when your basic gun can very well carry your through the entire game if you don't shit yourself when it becomes a bullet hell.

If you really are gonna cry about "BAAaaW RNGEEEEEEEE" maybe you should just acquire proficiency. 'cause rng isn't the be all and end all of the game, especially with how the movement and invincibility frames work.
>>
>>333934546
Enter the Gungeon.
>>
>>333931710

you have to stick your dick into the keylock, unfortunately you picked the hunter who doesn't have a dick, try with the marine or pilot next time
>>
>>333932117

You're kidding right? In everyone of my runs I get plenty of bullets to spend every floor.

Are you just bitching because you can't clear out the entire shop on every floor? Fuck off.
>>
>>333934625
High priest was pretty simple for me compared to wallmonger and the pillars. Though, wallmonger destroyed me all the time until I found out you could dodge roll over the four rows of bullets and just needed to stay at one side.

I cheesed through the pillars 2 times with some op combos but can't get the timing right for dodging his bullets when they put you in their fuck circle on further encounters.
>>
>>333934724
thanks. how similar is it to nuclear throne?
>>
>WHY IS THERE SO MUCH RNG IN MY ROGUE-LIKE?????

You people are fucking retarded.
>>
Would the game improve or become too easy if you were guaranteed a "free" unlocked random chest each level?
You aren't even sure you have keys for the chests you find, and you might end up finding some dumb passive item instead of a gun... and yes, you can go through a lot with your starting gun, but you need better guns sooner or later.

It's a bit anticlimactic when you unlock a new gun in the hub, only to never see it because the levels decide not to give you keys.
>>
>>333934886
same but different.

think uh. souls games in relation to lords of the fallen. though not the same decline of quality
>>
>>333934182
What's the fucking point of the grate guy in the store that you can sell items to if you can't leave the room to sell your current item?
>>
>>333934923

One free chest on the first floor. That's where crybabbies prematurely tell themselves the run is over. That be a good fix.

I feel like a free chest on EVERY floor would make it way too easy.
Enemies already die super easily.
>>
One easy cheesy way to win this game, two actually.

1: Abuse the fuck out of the slowdown when using Ctrl to change guns, even if you don't change guns using it to position yourself in hard bullet hell sections/learn patterns in invaluable.

2: Never reload most guns - in you swap to another gun for 3ish seconds it will reload and save you valuable DPS.

>>333935003
You can sell any passive items/garbage from broken chests by opening map, clicking said thing and dropping to sell.
>>
File: 1451797941825.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451797941825.png
12 KB, 500x500
The only problem I have with this game is that it's slow as shit.

The average run up to final boss in Nuclear Throne is 10~15 minutes if you know what you're doing. In this game the first level alone takes 10 minutes to go through.
>>
>>333935003
What the fuck are you talking about, as soon as you drop you gun you get bullets. You don't have to drop it and leave the room.
>>
>>333935116
>Nuclear Throne

Yeah, and the levels are tiny as shit.
What's your point?
>>
>>333935178
I mean active items that appear in other rooms that will be stolen if you go to the shop to sell your current active that you want to replace
>>
>>333934671
While I agree guns in general could use a buff and the enemy health scaling is stupid, I also can easily see that as much as people say Binding of Isaac and NT, there's far more Japanese bullet hell in these games.

Go watch a superplay of any Cave shmup and count how long it takes to kill a boss on average. In BoI/NT they're obstacles to overcome, in those games the real challenge is mastering position, item acquisition, whatever scoring system they have, and milking bosses for everything they're worth.

Here the system is even more straightforward and plain compared to those, but the general idea that the boss battle isn't so much about the Gorgun or Cannonbalrog's HP and more about how long you can last against their bullshit without making a mistake.
>>
File: 1409602051929.png (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409602051929.png
3 KB, 200x200
where are the fucking keys?
>>
>>333934947
>>333934886
I feel like it's more similar to binding of Issac in terms of pace. Nuclear Throne is much faster and you can clear levels in a breeze. This game makes it feel very drawn out and the basic gun you have to start out with every time you die is very boring. Still okay after I got used to it but I personally enjoy nuclear throne much better.
>>
>>333935349

Oh. My bad, senpai.
>>
>>333935442
In my inventory
>>
>>333935328
Each run feels more productive. If you get to a new area in Nuclear throne and die to something you didn't know about, you could get back fairly quickly with that knowledge in hand. But in Enter the Gungeon if you die to a boss on level 3 because you aren't used to the pattern, it would take half an hour to get back and try again.
>>
So, is this game worthwhile if I've already completely burned out on Binding of Isaac? Everything I've seen makes me think this game's a massive improvement, but I even got bored of Nuclear Throne really quickly due to how much BoI I suffered through.
>>
>>333931710
With a curious look upon your face.
>>
>>333935543
It's a funny game of puns if you like that stuff. If you like the pace of BoI then I think you'd like it. It's not expensive at all.
>>
>>333934923
I totally think one or both of the chests on the first floor alone should be free, just for the better chances of finding shit. You don't have to get a key to get your first item in Isaac, and NT always supplies a weapon at least. Well, most of the time anyways.

That way they can keep drops abysmal but at the very least you'll get to see if you get some good shit starting out or if you've gotta hold out longer.

Also fuck HP scaling. This is one game that doesn't need it.
>>
File: 1446121938835.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1446121938835.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
Why is this game so horribly stingy with hearts?

Neither nuclear throne nor isaac were anywhere near as greedy with healing you, not only did you have a higher 'max' in both those games, but it's common to dip in and out of being in a low amount. Yet in this game if you're down to your last heart, or get hit 3+ times in a single floor, it's smarter to just restart the run on the spot.

I understand that it's a bullet hell style challenge of 'just don't get hit' but at this point with how fast a run can be ruined because of unforgiving RNG, it starts to remove excitement and just force restarts more often.
>>
>>333935080
I've always switched weapons with the hotkeys or mouse scroll.

I've never seen any slowdown happen that wasn't due to Bullet Time. Is that an actual game mechanic I missed or is your PC running this game weird?
>>
>>333935532
>Each run feels more productive.

The only RNG shooter game I've played (FTL, Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Gungeon) to actually give me the feeling of progress during plays is Isaac. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>333935736
If you hold down the hotkey to switch weapons, all of them show up at once and the game basically pauses.
>>
>>333935791
On one hand that's interesting and I didn't know about that.

On the other hand I kinda do like doing it 0-9/mouse scrolling instead. Now that I know about it it feels like cheating.

Maybe if I ever get good enough to get a run with 10+ guns on a character, but until then I'll probably stick to switching via numbers. I already drop weapons and reassign them to fit a standard FPS setup of pistol-shotgun-automatics-explosives-weird powerful/energy shit.
>>
>>333935791
>>333935736
It's a separate game mechanic. I beat Dragun the first time I fought him (started with only 1.5 hearts) due to abusing this. There is no way I could have learned his attack patterns/not died without doing so. Cheap, yes - but you need all the help you can get in this game.
>>
>>333935736
Hold Ctrl to "pause" the game while you select a weapon.
It tells you this in the tutorial.
>>
>>333935646
Alright, I'll give it a shot. I'm not worried about liking it, I'm worried that I'll stop playing after two hours because I've done it all before.
>>
>>333935532

To be honest, that's how I feel about Enter The Gungeon. Every run motivates me to go further, and to every time unlock / roll new things, and I constantly find new ways to abuse new ways to abuse the mechanics and ui.

I didn't really like neither Nuclear Throne nor Isaac. Not sure why, but Isaac just feels boring as fuck, for example. And I only played it for an hour or two, while I am currently sitting on 10+ with ETG.
>>
File: 1432179390022.jpg (34 KB, 252x226) Image search: [Google]
1432179390022.jpg
34 KB, 252x226
At this point, after having beaten the past with the marine, I'm just trying to get the Bullet character as fast as possible. I watched one video of this fucker and it seems like an easy but actually fun mode to play.

Christ my jimmies were rustled though when I reached the forge with the arcane powder as the robot only to discover that the fucking blacksmith WON'T TAKE IT IF YOU'RE PLAYING THE ROBOT
>>
>>333936073
If it feels awful just refund it mate, you know yourself best.
>>
>>333935967
Nah, dying to bosses and learning them is equally rewarding.

I think the only reason I'm burning out on it as fast as I am is because runs legit take a while of play and playing it back to back when I started.

>>333936073
Honestly Gungeon's more Shmup-based than either BoI or even NT.

BoI is all about the items and synergy, NT is basically a Hotline Miami take on a shmup where you're mostly rewarded with quick thinking, accurate shooting, and the right amount of firepower at the right time.

This is about dodging bullets, either through positioning or using dodge-rolls. If it didn't have that (and hell I'm almost sure there's an achievement for beating a floor/the entire game without dodgerolling) it'd be a top-down shmup outright.
>>
>>333931773
>key dum dum
Bad choice of phrasing, considering the whole game is about guns´n´ammo.
Or maybe... , pretty good.
>>
>>333935543
Depends on how long ago did you play Isaac.
I burned out on it too, but that was more than one year ago and I had a blast with EtG. It's much harder though
>>
>>333936165
Binding of Isaac IS boring as fuck. Everything is fucking slow, enemies are very passive, preferring to soak up bullets and spawn more enemies instead of attacking you, and your attack feels incredibly unsatisfying. But at the time it came out, there was nothing else like it. Not much reason to go back to it now, though.
>>
Does curse give you better luck or something? I sacrificed one of my 3 hearts to a shrine for damage and ended up with 5 heart containers, wax wings, and the mega blaster by the time I got wrecked fighting high priest for the first time
>>
>>333936202
The robot/bullet/cultists don't have pasts and cannot store any bullet components with the blacksmith. If you beat all four main character's pasts you unlock a final boss fight to ravage your anus.
>>
>There's a vendor who takes keys as currency
>In a game where you never fucking have keys

BRAVO DODGEROLL.
>>
File: hunter.png (566 KB, 606x544) Image search: [Google]
hunter.png
566 KB, 606x544
So she's the best character, right?
>>
>>333934147
>just turn off the shitty music

this alone helps. Adding your own music is optional.
>>
>>333936615
Easily.
Dog helps remove lack of item issue quite a bit generally speaking.

Crossbow is fucking terrific for the first two levels, and can take out the first boss easy. Just learn how to quick reload that shit and it's gold.

6 shot revolver with good range and decent accuracy.
>>
>>333936760

When the fuck does the dog dig up items?
Whenever I pick the hunter, the fucking mutt never does anything.
>>
>>333936760
what. Crossbow onehits many enemies and for others you need 2 hits I think. More for knights. Also because its fast projectile speed you end up clearing rooms faster than with pistol. Also how is dog useful? Doesnt it just go and back for items you forgot (that are shown on the map anyway) and mimics (which you can recognize anyway).
>>
>>333936760
>Dog helps remove lack of item issue quite a bit generally speaking.

Haha what?

You'd be lucky if that dog digs up a single item per floor.
>>
>>333934147
This game is basically just an unofficial Gun Godz sequel, so I just play this music over it.

https://youtu.be/V40mMx0vjlY?t=432
>>
Kb/m vs gamepad for this game?

Which do you prefer and why?
>>
>>333936853
I'd say in general I get around 1-2 dog items per floor. Like any RNG it varies though.

For the first floor 3 crossbow bolts and 5/6 revolver rounds kills a knight. 1 Bolt 2 RR's for red shell and 1 bolt 3 RR's for blue shell. Having a decent first boss killer weapon 100% of the time is the best part of the crossbow though.
>>
>>333937010
KB/M.

I tried gamepad. I feel it's the best way to play Isaac but both this and NT you want the precision a mouse offers you so you can better focus on dodging than trying to hit your opponent.
>>
>>333937010
Just try both for yourself and go with what's more comfortable to you.
>>
When will there be art of Cadence?
>>
>>333936615
You mean the worst right?
The best is probably Marine for his extra accuracy and beefiness, you can actually rely on his starting weapon for the first boss and first several floors, and a free ammo drop is great.
Meanwhile the Dog digs up fucking nothing, (in my 8 or so runs I've done as hunter, he's dug up fucking TWO items). The crossbow is nice, but not as good as the accuracy/reload speed of the Marine, or Molotov/Shotgun of the convict.
>>
File: MONY.gif (200 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
MONY.gif
200 KB, 256x256
>>333936965
>tfw Yung Venuz will never be a guest character
I know there's the shrine but I'd love to play as him as well. He'd need to have a starting item that simulates his skill from Nuclear Throne but I'm not sure how they'd do that
>>
>>333937203
I saw one quickly doodled piece the other day
I feel you, though, I want art of her wearing nothing but a sign with the hegemony credit symbol on it
>>
>>333937279
I'm still hoping to find a golden revolver that shoots twice or something.
>>
File: 1447789580042.png (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447789580042.png
5 KB, 300x300
>>333937279
Starts with the one use item that doubles your shots for a short time (looked like a bottle of whiskey), a golden revolver (same as Convict in terms of firerate/damage but with 8 shots instead of 6).
He finds extra Casings (mony) after fights, and has a 1/20 or 1/25 (whatever is more balanced) chance to fire an extra bullet for free every shot no matter the gun.

every shot fired has a 1/10000 chance to play an airhorn sound as well
>>
>>333937279
>Passive: Pop Pop
>Last round of every clip fires twice
>Active: Airhorn
>Pushes enemies and bullets away

Could balance the passive for single-shot weapons by slightly increasing reload times for him.
>>
File: 021.png (91 KB, 671x604) Image search: [Google]
021.png
91 KB, 671x604
>tfw Super Space Turtle
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.