[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Dark Souls 3 is out tomorrow, what is the worst hard game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Battle&Chase.jpg (39 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
Battle&Chase.jpg
39 KB, 280x210
Since Dark Souls 3 is out tomorrow, what is the worst hard game that you beat?
>>
>>333920274
fuck you, that game is good
>>
>>333920274
you got me curious

what is bad about Battle&Chase?
>>
The only bad thing about battle and chase is its obscurity. Superb game.
>>
Next thing you'll tell us is that MM8 was bad too. Silly OP.
>>
Hard to 100%: Wonderful 101, fuck Pure Plats 101% hard is hard enough

Hard because it was bad: Castlevania II, fuck you that game was designed for people to buy Nintendo Power mags

Hard but fair: Super Hexagon

I ant really think tonight
>>
it's mediocre but the announcer is cute
>>
>>333921548
The handling is garbage. The carts are completely unbalanced. There's literally no way to keep a good racing line on the harder stages.

Beating fucking Wily on the hardest level is almost fucking impossible.
>>
>>333923146
>Having to keep racing against Quickman to be somewhat viable in hardmode

straight torture
>>
Battle and chase is a 5/10

but the OST is 11/10
>>
File: 1457937380442.jpg (69 KB, 563x563) Image search: [Google]
1457937380442.jpg
69 KB, 563x563
>>333921330
>>333923146
Not OP but there are a few problems with this game. The North American version got scraped so you will never have 30 fps and english together. The PAL version runs at 25 fps and had all pre-race scenes and menu voicework taken out because gaijins don't have the attention span for it. OP got the right idea that the handling is weird, but it's adaptable. I've never gotten into Megaman at all but I love this kart racer, mainly because of the special abilities, the cute little cone and hardhat dudes, and being able to win parts from rivals like it's a goddamn pink slip race. The animated character portraits are also a nice touch.
>>
>>333926447
this was great on MMX Collection

i had no idea there was stuff missing, Japanese version sounds amazing. Thanks Anon
>>
>>333926628
I read about how they finally ported the game to NA for the PS2. I'm not really interested in playing it on the PS2, feels a bit dated and I think it's safe to assume Capcom didn't bother the option for 240p. So not only is the driving janky as fuck but having interlacing in the mix is probably going to feel like ass. And I'm pretty sure they never did anything about the banter and interview voicework so the PS2 version is probably mediocre at best. A better question is, why hasn't anyone made a translation patch for the NTSC-J version? It's weird, but I do need to read the menus for this kart racer.
>>
>>333926831
>A better question is, why hasn't anyone made a translation patch for the NTSC-J version?
The same reason it hasn't happened for other games, that takes skill

As for playing this game I don't think it requires much effort. The most you'll be doing is changing equipment for a vehicle. Mostly my opinion.
>>
>>333926447
oh shit, I got this on the MMX collection, but sounds like I should be emulating the Jap version, thanks anon! Time to bust out the PSP
>>
Super Monkey Ball DX on PS2

Literally impossible to clear a stage that has a super narrow lane because of the bad controls.
>>
>>333926447
Is this true even on MMX collection?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.