[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aladdin for SNES is a fun game. It's very well crafted.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 32850-Aladdin_(USA)-7.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
32850-Aladdin_(USA)-7.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
Aladdin for SNES is a fun game.

It's very well crafted. I enjoy the swinging, bouncing and parachuting mechanics. I think they weave well into each other.

There's absolutely no way to talk about it, is there? D: If something is good, it defies being talked about. I think that's sad.
>>
You can always talk about how DA GENNISIS VURSHON IS BETTER CUZ U HAFF A SORD
>>
>>333919934
It's a nice little game, and it's kind of a shame that the Genesis version marked the beginning of the end of Disney working with Capcom.

Gamewise, my main complaint was that passwords didn't save special-gem collection progress, so the difference between getting the standard ending and the extended-staff-roll ending boiled down to starting from the beginning and hoping you could grab the gem at the very bottom and end of the late-game auto-scrolling stage before they pushed you out.
>>
More like there's absolutely nothing to talk about.
>>
>>333919934
It really was good game at the time, hell still is. I believe there was also a GBA remake or port or whatever. Not sure if it was good or not.
>>
>>333920731
I think the GB version was based on the Genesis game.
>>
I completed the PC port.

Dunno if it's closer to SNES or Genesis, but it was alright.
>>
>>333920829
Did you use a sword?
Yes: Genesis
No: SNES
>>
>>333920910
Honestly can't remember. But the final boss was different from the SNES snake.
>>
>>333919934
I don't understand. What is "D:"?
>>
>>333919934
>talking about video games

The hottest things to talk about on /v/ are SJW's, Dark souls and console wars shitposting.
>>
>>333920829

PC version is the Genesis version with better music.
>>
File: 1445120694295.jpg (15 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445120694295.jpg
15 KB, 640x480
>>333919934
>D:
>>
I like both, I don't know why it has to be a contest. Even if you bought into the console wars you always had a friend with the other one.
>>
File: aladdin-usa.png (319 KB, 350x479) Image search: [Google]
aladdin-usa.png
319 KB, 350x479
>>333919934
Sorry my friend, it's Aladdin for the Genesis which
is the more enjoyable version, better gameplay.
>>
>>333921543
>triggered by emoticons
baka
>>
>>333919934
how is the gameplay better i want to know cause i only played snes
>>
>>333921992

See >>333920172

I mean who cares about shit like platforms you fall through if you're not right in the center, right?
>>
>>333921729

Why exactly does /v/ like this one so much better?
>>
>>333921729
>better gameplay.
subjective

Snes version stayed true to the movie
>>
You can have positive, meaningful discussions about the good aspects of the game, but typically they have to be carefully formulated. The best positive video game criticism is made by people with a deep love of the game who can point out how all the different elements come together to make the game really work, who might even have statistical analysis done on level design or have read the source code or analyzed frame data.

By contrast, dissecting bad parts of a game is very easy to do. One part being bad is worthy of discussion, worthy of mention and criticism. Because imageboards and the internet in general are not prone to well informed essays, discussion happens in one of two venues: completely vapid fanboying of a game, totally meaningless and incoherent, or semi-productive angry criticism that while imperfect, at least outlines what not to do and creates memorable, repeatable points.
>>
>>333922104

Was this literally every surface you landed on? I beat it as a kid after all. If it was that bad I'm pretty sure I would have given up and walked away.
>>
>>333921087

E-celebs. Can't forget the E-celebs!
>>
>>333922110

Except that random ass pyramid.
>>
The Genesis game has some of the most hodgepodge, obtuse stage design I've seen in a platformer. It was fucking awful. Where as the SNES version had that classic 90's capcom sensibility

Genesis version had some gorgeous animations though
>>
>>333922292
I WANNA DEFEND THIS PYRAMID.

Remember when Aladdin smashed Jafar's staff when it was hypnotizing the sultan? He had no reason to do that except that he noticed it. And why didn't Jasmine notice it?

If you consider that pyramid to belong to some sorta... snake cult? Capable of hypnosis as Abu clearly was at the end of the level. Then this is a better reason that Aladdin caught on to what was happening.

They had to elongate the game a bit, and I think this was the best way.
>>
I like both. The Genesis version was a solid platformer and the SNES version was good because Capcom simply made good Disney games back then.

>Tfw Bonkers HD never ever
>>
>>333922792
>The Genesis version was a solid platformer
Ehhh...
>>
>>333922925
I liked it. Fight me, faget.
>>
File: niggers.jpg (17 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
17 KB, 480x272
ONE STEP...
>>
File: put-up-your-dukesjpg.jpg (54 KB, 577x529) Image search: [Google]
put-up-your-dukesjpg.jpg
54 KB, 577x529
>>333923015
ALROIGHT

Let's ave a go then
>>
File: 1393268696427.gif (651 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1393268696427.gif
651 KB, 500x422
>>333923040
Disney music can be really hit.

And really miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuIQNYKX50Y
>>
>>333921543
You people find the most arbitrary shit to write people off for.
>>
>>333923958
>write people off
>that image macro
>being this new
>>
>>333924716
Buh
>>
It was a lot of fun. I played it on PC though. Around the same time as that Lion King game.
>>
It was a nice game but the sand temple level was absolutely out of place and kinda dumb in general, specially considering they could have easily made a snow level with the tower ruins after Jafar banishes him to reach the flying carpet at the end and it would fit the same place level wise and it would be much more faithful to the movie.

Another underrated movie-licensed SNES game that is surprisingly not-disney since most disney stuff was good is The Mask, it's just amazing how much control and moves you have with the Mask in that game, really ahead of it's time.
>>
>>333925637
Read my post thoooo >>333922527
>>
>>333922527
I dont remember the game well, but during the little story bits i dont remember that scene with the staff smashing being shown, so even if it makes sense considering that scene, the game lacks the scene that justifies the level, rendering the point moot, and as i said, if they needed one more level to pad the game, they had other opportunities from the movie like the one in the post.

It's not an awful level, but it stains the fidelity of the game.
>>
>>333919934
genesis version wins in the first level, in the first minute with this https://youtu.be/iuT-beviu2Q?t=24

but that magic lamp level was amazing and the escape from the cave level was hard as balls without going battletoads. great balance
>>
>>333919934

Go to /vr/ if you want to talk about it

_________________GENESIS VERSION WAS BETTER
>>
>>333926930
Neat.
>>
>>333927005
Nuh uh thooooo
>>
>>333919934
Bit it's too easy.
You can rush it in hour or so.
Chip and Dale, Duck tales, Mickey mouse - all of them too short and simple.
What to talk about?
>>
>>333927995
>You can rush it in hour or so.
Once you've beaten it before, yeah.

But I've seen new people play this game. They get wrizzety wrekt.
>>
File: 1457601316227.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457601316227.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
The SNES version is clearly the better game, but only because the Genesis one is so fucking shit tier

>hit detection is fucking raw and shit
>camera is nauseating with how fast it swings around
>levels are poorly designed

Like the only reason people like the Genesis one is because either it was the only one they played (thanks to it being ported everywhere) or they liked the songs from the movie in the game.
>>
File: Game_Genie_image.jpg (27 KB, 473x350) Image search: [Google]
Game_Genie_image.jpg
27 KB, 473x350
Could we speed this along? My rug is double-parked outside.
>>
i found out a loooong time ago id MUCH RATHER PLAY VIDEOGAMES than talk about them
>>
>>333922292
Or the whole annoying Genie section.
>>
>>333920325
>marked the beginning of the end of Disney working with Capcom.
like hell

Magical Quest: Mickey and Donalds (1996)
Magical Tetris Challenge (1998)
Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse, Hide and Sneak (2002)
Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (2004)

^ all developed by Capcom btw
>>
>>333919934
I rember it.

Hate the jini missions.

Or that lava one......
>>
>>333923309
Main Disney movies manage to have good songs, even the unremarkable ones like Frozen
>>
>>333919934
All I really remember about this game is that I input a random password and ended up in a trippy ass level with the genie. Was the password system just really simple or was I just a really lucky dumb kid?
>>
>>333929359
Really simple.

Wtf was the point of collecting the red gems anyways?
>>
I liked the Gensis version as well but for the life of me I can barely recall a single thing about the level design in that one, except for the cave levels. Meanwhile I can vividly remember a lot of the SNES levels.
And no its not nostalgia, I played both for the first time just a few years ago.
>>
>>333929465
They gave your more hearts. Not that it mattered since the game was so short

>>333929359
I think the pw system was just really simple. Did the genie level have pots with chicken legs and tongue platforms?
>>
>>333931241
Hell if I remember.
I played that game when I was 4 or so years old, I mostly just remember the genie's face.
And I know for a fact it was the snes version I never had a genesis.
>>
SNES>Genesis

Solid platforming and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amy0wwMDHVU&nohtml5=False
>>
That was one of the games I played the most in my childhood. So many memories :)
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.