[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good for n00bcakes to get started on? It's only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2016-04-10+at+11.25.39).jpg (72 KB, 1002x547) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-10+at+11.25.39).jpg
72 KB, 1002x547
Is this good for n00bcakes to get started on?

It's only 40 bucks.
>>
Yeah, until you feel comfy enough for a big boy fight stick.
>>
>>333919514
I use it, it's okay. don't expect some amazing controller, you get what you pay for
>>
>>333919514
You never really want to go cheap on sticks if you use them frequently enough, what you pay is what you get. On the flip side, it's good to determine if sticks are actually the sort of thing you want to be using.

I only used the Fighting Stick Mini a few times and the biggest issue was that the size made it kinda hard to play on your lap. Plus the cheaper parts they use for the stick and the buttons. It's alright for a starter though.
>>
I didn't use this one, but I bought a $40 Mayflash to start with. Like >>333920024 says, it's a good way to figure out if you actually want to invest in a good stick. Play with it for a while, and if you're having a good time, either play it till it breaks or just go for a better stick after getting to know what exactly it is you want out of a stick and seeing what's out there.
>>
>its only 40 dollars

Absolutely. Arcade sticks aren't a skill booster or some sort of handicap. Literally just preference, if you like the way your hands feel on it, then you'll stick to it for arcade games and then move on to better shit. If you don't, at least you didn't waste a lot more.
>>
No. Please don't.

This is the equivalent of the junk-ass third party controller you used to have to use when you visited a friend's place.

Buy a used arcade stick.
>>
>>333920254
this is literally the only purpose this stick servers. i got one and ended up switching to a hitbox. i like the button layouts but i dont like the stick. its literally babies first stick but it serves its purpose well.
>>
I am the only one who is fine using a dualshock 4
>>
>>333920425
The only one of many.
>>
>>333920425
I have an issue with the d-pad. I've hit the SHARE button a few times by mistake and blew chances to win rounds.
>>
this a good stick for emulating arcade games? not fighters. strictly old/retro
>>
>>333920084

Did this but for the PS3 variant. You get what you pay for but it's very serviceable and has managed to last for quite a while.
>>
its pretty tiny IRL, you cant really use it in your lap like a bigger stick. if you have desk or something to rest it on it can work fine, but the stick and buttons are small and close together.
>>
>>333920617
set share button to hold settings. That way, it takes screenshot and screen will not change.
>>
>>333921030
I have small hands and a small penis :(
>>
>>333920254
it is skill boosting to some extent though, stick commands are easier since you get more accurate and bigger movement without sacrificing speed.

using individual fingers for each button is more responsive and effective compared to using mostly the thumb, things like plinking is way harder on a controller
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.