[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict Season 2017 characters From what we saw in the story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
File: sfv-concept-art-sodom.jpg (48 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
sfv-concept-art-sodom.jpg
48 KB, 400x540
Predict Season 2017 characters

From what we saw in the story mode I'll say
>Decapre
>C. Viper
>Sakura
>Oro
>either Evil Ryu or Akuma since they're basically clones
>Sodom
>>
>>333918510
Is there any reason why Sodom is such a huge weeb?
>>
>>333918510
Except for C. Viper, I'd be 100% with all these coming back.
>>
Honestly? Late,late,late down the line probably Q.

I just have a feeling about him, was pretty set on Karin little bit iffy about Alex but I think Q might get in some time down the road. Think the 3rd strike cast is gonna come back in a big way,
>>
>>333918965
I don't know man, not a single Third Strike character was included in the initial roster, and Alex looks like an after thought that was only added due fan demand. I'm pretty sure Ono hates Third Strike and will do his best to not include many characters from that game.
>>
>>333918510
No Dudley, no buy
can't wait for Juri's feet in HD
>>
>>333918510
I'd love for sodom to come back. And the even better part about it happening is that him getting in would probably mean more final fight characters coming back. except haggar of course
>>
>>333919239
>I think they're gonna disregard the characters that chronologically altar in the next game
alright friendo
>>
>>333919536
Why do you think they give two shits about chronology?
>>
File: Eagle.jpg (45 KB, 398x573) Image search: [Google]
Eagle.jpg
45 KB, 398x573
>>333918510
I don't think Dark Cammy is getting in.

I'd say;
>Sean
>Akuma
>Eagle
>Sakura
>Sodom
>Gen

Probably Sagat and Dudley too
>>
They should put ugly as fuck shoes on juri and paywall bare feet alternates.

>/v/ not knowing capcom loves the SF3 series, the reason why they wanting and putting alex and ibuki in everything they can
>>
>>333919897
>I don't think Dark Cammy is getting in.

She appears in the story mode plenty of times, she also appears in the cinematic story mode, which means she already have a 3D model, it would be a waste not to include her.

Also I'm pretty confident Sean won't appear, from his story bits he doesn't look much of a fighter, he also doesn't seem to mention Ken which means he didn't get his training yet.
>>
File: juli_786x786.jpg (123 KB, 786x786) Image search: [Google]
juli_786x786.jpg
123 KB, 786x786
It'd be cool if they added more of Bison's dolls, but most of them have Cammy's moveset.

Juni and Juli could play as a duo or something. I dunno
>>
>>333918510
>>333918510
>>either Evil Ryu or Akuma since they're basically clones

u wot m8

How come nobody ever suggests more new characters? I'd expect at least 1 new character in the next season.
>>
>>333918510
>no poison
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333920383
how about just skins for cammy.
>>
>>333920490
>release new character as DLC
>nobody buys it because it's a new character
>Capcom doesn't make money
vs
>release world warrior as DLC
>everybody buys it because it's a fucking world warrior
>Capcom rolls in dosh
>>
Why isn't Sagat depicted in that one stage which has Shadaloo sculptures?
Why isn't Sagat in Street Fighter V at all?
>>
>>333920664
>Why isn't Sagat depicted in that one stage which has Shadaloo sculptures?
Sagat left Shadaloo and was replaced by FANG, but if you want to see his head sculpture in the stage play FANG story mode.
>>
>>333920650
I'm ready to be proven wrong if Capcom ever releases statistics, but I don't think anyone will be buying individual characters. People either buy the season pass with real dosh, or individual characters with fight money.
>>
>>333920763
People will buy the first characters with FM, but as soon as Season 2017 drops FM will be hard to get since people will have completed everything already. And the Season Pass is too expensive for what it is, rather just buy the characters I need with Zenny.
>>
Is blonde illuminati chick making it in the game?
>>333920650
New characters could be bought by Prize money anyways, so it's not a monetary sacrifice. Plus people that order season passes wouldn't care.
>>
>>333920850
Season Pass is priced pretty competitively with other fighting games, about $5 per character plus you get the DLC character's battle costume. The value is there, especially so when compared to the main game which many say is content starved.
>>
>>333920650
>implying people wouldn't buy a cool ass motherfucker like Eisbahn

Fuck off, homo.
>>
>>333920915
she is in

sagat isn't in sfv because they didn't want his playstyle to be in sfv.
>>
>>333918825
I think C.Viper will return for sure.
>>
>>333918510
Implying there will be more dlc for this dead game.
>>
>>333921314
>dead game
>most entrants for any game ever on Evo
>>
>>333919658
Because Ono already stated "story" is a factor for DLC characters, and considering the "story" of SFV links SFIV and SFIII together, it'd make sense that they'd introduce younger versions of characters from SFIII. Y'know, like they're doing with Alex, Ibuki, and Urien?
>>
>>333921514
>Because Ono already stated "story" is a factor for DLC characters

Do you have a source for that m8?
>>
File: SFV_Ed.jpg (208 KB, 1198x676) Image search: [Google]
SFV_Ed.jpg
208 KB, 1198x676
ed
>>
I'd like to see Oro make it in, he was in Dhalsim's story sequence.
>>
>>333920664
Sagat isn't in for two reasons:

>He plays too similar to Ryu
>He has no story relevance

These are not my opinions, but facts. Sagat has nothing to chase after SFIV. He's already left Shadaloo and made amends with Ryu. If that's the case, what else is there? Welcome to Story Fighter V.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/22/sagat-kept-out-of-street-fighter-v-to-maintain-character-balance/
>>
>>333921674
This is why we're getting younger versions of SFIII characters, like Alex, Ibuki, and Urien.

>"The first year's worth of additional characters have been chosen so as to round out that roster with different battle styles," said Capcom's Yoshinori Ono, speaking with IGN.

>"We also considered the story timeline, which is between SF3 and SF4," Ono stated.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/feb/13/first-street-fighter-5-dlc-characters-were-chosen-offer-different-battle-styles-capcom-also-factored-story/
>>
>>333921676
GOD THE ART IS SO BAD IN THESE SCENES FUCK I COULD DO BETTER AND IM NOT EVEN GREAT UGH
>>
>>333921676
Is he some Shadaloo member?
>>
>>333922180
It's weird to think that if you'd told me there was a story mode to a fighting game done in the art style of MvC2, I would have flipped when I was younger. Seeing it now, it's more depressing than anything.
>>
>>333922307
if it was done in the style of MvC1 i would be beyond happy
It just makes me really sad since it clashes with the great 3d artstyle the rest of the game has
>>
>>333922294
Kinda. At the end of Balrog's story mode, either a Shadaloo or S.I.N. base has blown up. From the wreckage Balrog finds a young boy who is to serve as a replacement body for Bison. Kid's name is Ed and he has some connection to Psycho Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzOk8QFT7cI
>>
File: Ingrid117.jpg (156 KB, 734x633) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid117.jpg
156 KB, 734x633
>Ingrid
>Oro
>Honda
>Dan
>Makoto
>Newcomer

Adding Ingrid is the only possible way for them to salvage this game, so she's an obvious choice.

Honda is pretty iconic at this point, same goes for Dan. I would prefer Sagat over Dan but they seem reluctant to add him for some reason.

Makoto is pretty popular and exciting, even though she is pretty damn ugly whenever she isn't dressed as a train conducter.

A newcomer is also obvious.
>>
File: 360 noscoped.gif (411 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
360 noscoped.gif
411 KB, 499x281
>>333919897
>tfw Eagle makes my dick hard
I want him back, but after seeing what they did to Birdie...
>>
No Huitzil no Buytzil
>>
>>333918795
Same reason you are
>>
>>333918795
Because it was the 80s. Americans loved ninjas and samurai and stuff back then.
>>
>>333923770
I don't think they'd give Eagle an over eater's dad bod.

That would be overdoing it with the "the years made them fat" trend.
>>
>>333923513
You're either delusional or committed to shitposting
>>
>>333920939
>Eisbahn
do you retarded faggots not realize that there is no character named Eisbahn? that is Yang on the poster, eisbahn is the German word for a skating rink. kill yourself you fucking retard.

>>333921676
Ed could actually be pretty fucking cool if he had an interesting moveset. personally I'd like him to have a moveset full of lazy half assed attacks since he's not a trained fighter, but because of psycho power they become really strong, kind of like what Sol does in GG. and then all of his dialogue and mannerisms can be him rubbing in his opponent's face that he doesn't even have to try to beat the fuck out of them despite their intense training, just because of his own innate power.
>>
File: Ingrid181.jpg (121 KB, 560x700) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid181.jpg
121 KB, 560x700
>>333924795
I haven't shitposted once though, everything I said was a proper analysis of the situation. 2/3 very iconic characters making it in is very plausible, at least one newcomer has to be added, and I'd imagine they would put one of the newcomers from IV in.

Ingrid is the most obvious choice for a new character, she would rake in more sales easier than any other characters. She allows an audience that currently has no real reason to bother with the game to have a gateway into it. Other fighting games having cute anime girls does not work as a substitute when it's a fact that SFV is what's going to be played most at tournaments regardless.

In this sense, who better than Ingrid? All other old characters either would just be for the people who already bought the game, or just not have an audience at all. The former sounds good until you realize that 4 of the other 6 slots could be used for that, so using the 5th slot for the same thing is a waste.
>>
>>333925140
Sakura would be the most obvious choice as she fits pretty much everything you said people want, has more relevance and doesn't have a shit-tier backstory. Oh and she appeared in more than one game. Ingrifld appeared in CFG(Probably the worst fighting game Capcom ever released) and a HANDHELD port of alpha 3. You're just waifuposting.
>>
>>333924982
No, it isn't, you fucking retard. I ain't spoonfeeding another little baby bitch tonight.
>>
File: Ingrid208.jpg (235 KB, 696x892) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid208.jpg
235 KB, 696x892
>>333925661
>she fits pretty much everything you said people want
She isn't though. Sakura is the weakest possible "cute girl" character you could make and doesn't hold any near equivalent to Ingrid. They're not even on the same level, as Sakura is basically girl Ryu for all intents and purposes. Hell, fucking Karin is more similar and the only thing she shares is a dress that looks a bit alike.

Ingrid's backstory is fine in a world where characters have island-shattering punches and old people strong enough to move things with their mind.

You can deny the fact that she would caust immediate sales with this type of audience and make dumbass claims that Sakura would have the same effect, but it wouldn't change the fact that you're 100% wrong.
>>
>>333925661
How did I fuck up Ingrid's name like that? Either way my point still stands. Shit character.
>>
>>333925661
>hurr i'm a Ryu fanboy, saw him in the news once, tried to do a hadouken and knocked the TV over. i want to find him now

Wow, what an awesome backstory.
>>
File: Ingrid240.jpg (156 KB, 578x800) Image search: [Google]
Ingrid240.jpg
156 KB, 578x800
>>333925957
>my point still stands
By stands you mean took a nosedive into a river the moment you attempted to pretend like Ingrid and Sakura were nearly the same degree of a cute character archtype.
>>
File: image.png (8 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 490x490
Give me Twelve
>>
>>333926098
How does Ingrid even fit at all compared to any other the other young girl characters in SF (Sakura, Karin, Makoto)? Theres a comparable look to Karin but that's about it? Explain.
>>
>>333925921
Sakura will make it in. Being a rival of Karin's.

Ingrid has an extremely slim chance.
>>
Wow, give it five years and it might even surpass IV!
>>
>>333929382
It took a while for IV to be good, so sure.

Sounds like a trend SF games love following.
>>
>>333924257
>tfw no more ninjas and samurais
>>
File: inspector q.png (229 KB, 500x2500) Image search: [Google]
inspector q.png
229 KB, 500x2500
I just want to *tips fedora*
>>
No ingred

No buy
>>
File: 1459406944962.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1459406944962.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>333922180
>people being this fucking triggered by sketchy art
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.