[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one talk about this game anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: SmashBrosBrawlFinalBox.jpg (2 MB, 1527x2150) Image search: [Google]
SmashBrosBrawlFinalBox.jpg
2 MB, 1527x2150
Why does no one talk about this game anymore?
>>
>>333917328
Because it's older and not as good as Smash 4.
>>
>>333917418
But tr4sh is like an inferior brawl version with zero techs.
>>
Melee stream monsters assume it's shit

Not saying it's a 10/10 but if it didn't have its tripping and wasn't as floaty it would be great, and Meta Knight nerfed as well. The aesthetics are good.
It's just now that 4 is out it fixed a lot of Brawls issues sorta invalidating it
>>
What's the best way to run PM? Should I get a Brawl ISO alongside the files for PM, or get a disk?
>>
Because there are 2 main Smash communities. 1 that plays just Melee and the other that plays whatever the newest game is. Brawl is no longer the newest game so it barely gets talked about.
>>
>>333917675
Melee players knows it's shit*

Brawl almost destroyed smash as a scene all togheter, thank fucking god that melee got a revival and saved it.
>>
File: 1205722417330.png (11 KB, 694x487) Image search: [Google]
1205722417330.png
11 KB, 694x487
>>
>>333917328
Brawl is actually the SSB game I've enjoyed the most. It felt like the culmination of what the devs wanted to do, while Sm4sh feels like something they were pushed to do.
>>
>>333917760
Check out the guide on Anther's, but I guess you probably mean on Wii or Wii U. All I know is you can run it from an iso, usually there are premade builders for it.
>>
>>333917470
nice meme
>>
>>333918176
t. doc baby
>>
>>333918176
That's Brawl players fault how again? Melee players sperged the ever loving hell out because Brawl wasn't Melee 2.0 is why they almost killed the Smash scene

Like I said remove tripping and rework hitstun and its instantly a good game
>>
>>333918421
Underrated post.
>>
>>333917328
They do constantly though.
>m-muh tripping
>muh brawl 2
>muh project meme
>>
>>333917418
>not as good as Smash 4.

lol
>>
>>333918895
They got disapointed for what a pile of shit brawl was, and it split up the community because there were the nintentoddlers who plays any shit that nintendo puts out, and the real smash fans who wanted a proper smash sequal, do you see people whine about N64? No? You know why? Because it was a good game.
>>
>>333919275
Hello Doc Babby it's nice of you to join us today

>The most autstic melee player is able to play and enjoy other smash games
>Yet doc babbys aren't
wew
>>
>>333919456
>le doc babby strawman

Every top melee player expect for literal autists like m2k hates brawl and sm4sh and recognize them for the garbage games they are.
>>
File: sad.jpg (98 KB, 668x500) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
98 KB, 668x500
>>333919597
>garbage games
Have you actually played them without your melee blinders on?
>>
>>333917328
It's dead as fuck. Even 64 is more alive than Brawl.

That being said, Brawl Marth is probably my favorite character in the series.
>>
>>333919597
So is Westballz your definition of all top Melee players because all the other top ones either don't care for them which is different from hate autism-kun or play them theirselves.
>>
>>333918421
It's weird how much I can feel the charm in Brawl, but Smash 4 feels so very souless. I know people didn't like the subspace emissary, but I liked it for what they were going for, basically making the beloved characters interact with each other, hell, seeing the Great Fox and the Halberd battle it out was pretty cool. I'm a bit disappointed they decided not to do an adventure mode/story mode for Smash 4. The character trailers are alright, but they look so good I can't help but crave more. The other thing is, without an adventure mode, or any other interesting modes, all we have is Online and Local modes, Target blast isn't fun in Smash 4, Smash Tour is basically a smash bore. And having this worry you'll be disconnected for doing something wrong in a match, doesn't give me the emphasis of "I should be having fun right about now."
>>
>>333918421
>>333918421
>>333918421
>>
>>333920524
Mango, leffen and armada have all gone out and said how fucking shit brawl is.
>>
because it's shit. You literally miss out on nothing by not playing it. I even sold mine
>>
>>333918265
Connection to the other players was lost. Returning to main menu.
>>
>>333921149
Congrats that's three even less than Smash 4
>>
>>333917675
This tbqh

Although, I feel like at a base level Brawl was a better game than Smash 4, Brawl just had shit that brought it down. Brawl didn't have garbage frame data across the board like Smash 4 does, so even though Brawl has less shieldstun, shield isn't as good of a defensive option because you aren't stuck in 20 years of landing lag or end lag. Recovery isn't as free and even though there's auto snap, it isn't Smash 4's magnetic hands auto snap where you'll grab ledge from 2 miles away. Brawl's SDI is actually useful unlike Smash 4's where it hardly exists except against specific characters and moves, Bayonetta wouldn't be so "busted" if SDI was stronger. Shit like DACUS, platform cancelling, glide toss, boost grab, etc etc. Throws don't send people as far so they're much better for follow ups. Also Brawl has NO RAGE, jesus rage is one of the worst things to happen to the series.

I don't hate Smash 4, I like the game, but it would have been significantly better if they just took Brawl, balanced the cast a little more and changed some of the stuff that turned people off from the game while also keeping stuff that Smash 4 did better, like getting rid of hitstun cancelling, momentum cancelling, tripping, lagless airdodges and some other stuff.
>>
Because it's much worse than Melee and is irrelevant.
>>
For the same reason none talks about Modern Warfare 1 I guess.
>>
>>333921656
But everyone talks about melee and its the most viewed fighting game right after shill fighter 5
>>
>>333921149
I dunno about Brawl, but I know not too long ago Leffen actually said on twitter that he'd probably enjoy Smash 4's current meta. He just doesn't like the infinite airdodge mechanic.
>>
Online?

Because now Smash Bros is only ever, EVER talked about as a serious competitive game, in which Brawl is the least competitive, despite the entire franchise not being truly competitive.

I 100000000% blame the rise of Youtube, e-celeb shit and e-sports. It's a fucking pathetic travesty, is what it is. Most Melee fans online weren't even past the age of 10 years old when the game came out.

Remember when we used to laugh at tourneyfags?
>>
>>333917328
It aged horribly but at the time as a kid it had the GOAT roster. Glad I didn't experience it as a teenager or older
>>
>>333921881
The problem was the Documentary

It was good in it revitalized Melee and by proxy Smash as a whole

It was bad in it caused a ton of underaged twitch stream monsters to start acting like the other Smash games are shit because it's not Melee

I wish Balanced Brawl didn't turn into Project Meme I think Brawl is very interesting if it just had those few huge issues patched up
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 407x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 407x243
>>333920589
>SSE will never ever be a thing again because of some bullshit reason

Smash 4 could've had an amazing Story mode if they went for something with more focus on the characters' source material.

>Marx Fight Never
>Mecha Drago Fight Never
>Death Egg Robo/Egg Dragoon Boss Never
>Giga Bowser Fight Never
>Skull Kid Fight Never
>Yellow Devil Fight Never
>>
>>333921881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJ4gdnDFO8
>>
File: CAzUGYDUMAAjm3x.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CAzUGYDUMAAjm3x.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
>>333922129
>Smash documentary completely glosses over the Brawl scene and makes it look like everyone dropped it after a month
>>
>>333922134
what was the reason again?
people uploaded the cutscenes or something like that?
>>
>>333922318
Sakurai says people uploading spoilers on the internet ruin the point of SSE

What a fucking moron, why would anyone produce any movie, show, or game if the internet is going to spoil it?
>>
>>333917328
It's not Melee.
>>
>>333922318
That's what they say

I wish we had it again or more character interaction that's the point of a crossover.

I want to see Mario officiating Little Macs boxing matches

I want to see Bayonetta fighting Palutena over Pit

Etc
>>
>>333922318
>>333922425
>>333922524
I think he was trying to deter from the fact that SSE was generally hated because of how "meh" it was.
I mean, Brawl's SSE is still nowhere near a good story mode, what with the generic enemies, confusing plot, and "the maze".

DLC characters would make it hard too, I'd imagine.
>>
>>333922616
I don't think anyone gave a shit about smash run on the 3ds version and that's pretty much what SSE was

Everyone just wants badass cutscenes and boss fights against unplayable characters from the franchises
>>
>>333922736
This

I don't care about the gameplay it was whatever I just want the character interaction.
>>
File: icecream.png (430 KB, 708x508) Image search: [Google]
icecream.png
430 KB, 708x508
>>333922134
I'm more pissed as shit that Sakurai wouldn't allow the team to have fun with it and made it all about his super srs original characters

Shit we could have had every exploring actual Nintendo worlds. We could have had them fighting actual Nintendo bosses and enemies. We could have had all the sorts of wacky character interactions that people love with big crossovers. WE COULD HAVE HAD MARIO BEAT UP A MOTHERFUCKING METAL GEAR REX, A ONCE IN AN ETERNITY OPPORTUNITY FOR AN OFFICIAL GAME

BUT NAH GOTTA HAVE THOSE FORGETTABLE NONSENSE MONSTERS

The writer even came to him with a lighthearted premise and he shot it down and told him to make it darker. It's a goddamn Nintendo crossover what the fuck does he think he's making
>>
>>333922318
His reasoning was, if people saw the cutscenes online they would no longer serve as a reward for beating levels. Sort of like Conker, if everyone watched all of Conkers cutscenes before playing the game it would damper the experience a bit. So he decided against it. Not really a good reasoning for not having an adventure mode though, like it could have just not had CGI cutscenes.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x548
>>333922736
>Everyone just wants badass cutscenes and boss fights against unplayable characters from the franchises

Would I'd imagine would be a pain in the ass with over 50 characters.

And like I just said, DLC characters would be fucked because this isn't like any normal fighting game story where everything is different for each character.

Like how could you put Cloud in SSE without him feeling forced and shoehorned in?
>>333922886
That's the main problem with Brawl as a whole, that entire game feels edgy.
If I can give smash 4 anything it's that it didn't going to look as dated as Brawl, that game has aged horribly.
>>
>>333923051
I'd like to see them try a combo of the Melee adventure mode of the Brawl story mode. Short and simple, intended to be played through with multiple characters, but with bigger levels and boss fights.

Add in branching paths between stages like 3DS classic to allow for more content without ballooning the length and making repeat playthroughs more interesting and I think it could be a real hoot. Wouldn't even need cutscenes.
>>
>>333921881
Not entirely true, tripping mechanic was criticized from the very beginning and it only grew worse as time went by. It's floatyness and unbalanced roster, even at low level play didn't help either. I mean, basically anyone anywhere noticed just how broken MK is in the first few weeks or months. Meanwhile Ganon was yet again the slow ass fighter with no strengths.
A bit of that played against Brawl, even on a casual level, although not everyone was bothered by it.

>Remember when we used to laugh at tourneyfags?
Kinda sad to see people laugh at others who actually want to git gud at their games.
>>
Because Narcissa stopped playing it.
>>
File: DJH9ps4.png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DJH9ps4.png
85 KB, 500x500
>>333923353

>Meanwhile Ganon was yet again the slow ass fighter with no strengths.

what

melee ganondorf is the very tipping point when it comes to decent characters in that game.

brawl/sm4sh dorf is utter fucking trash and only shares tier list ranking with jigglypuff and zelda.
>>
>>333922129
No brawl being the most shit game is its own fault. Stop with this fucking doc kid strawman.
>>
>>333923942
4 Ganon is far better than brawl, same with Zelda and Jigglypuff currently
>>
>>333925654

doesn't stop them from being utter bottom tier trash on relation to the rest of their respective game's cast
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.