[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are the odds of Elder Scrolls VI having VR support? That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: vr stealth archer.jpg (277 KB, 837x843) Image search: [Google]
vr stealth archer.jpg
277 KB, 837x843
So what are the odds of Elder Scrolls VI having VR support? That seems like it'd be the next big frontier for the franchise, especially if it offers visceral motion controls for combat and archery. Even if the best way to play would still be with a mouse and keyboard with a regular screen, the experience of just wandering around in the wild and shooting stuff with a bow and arrow would be something everyone would want to experience at least for a while. Hell some people would probably pay money just to play at an amusement center for a half hour with an omni directional treadmill and body tracking.

I know Bethesda and Oculus aren't exactly on good terms, but the Vive is probably still on the table for official support. There were also VR mods to play Skyrim on Oculus although the game doesn't really look very convincing in 3D because of how it handles distance drawing.
>>
File: 1401993469534.gif (726 KB, 240x152) Image search: [Google]
1401993469534.gif
726 KB, 240x152
>Bethesda
>effort
>new ideas
You slay me.

Its going to be fallout 4 with swords and you're going to buy it.
>>
Who draws a bow like that?
>>
I highly doubt they will but the effort in to make any VR support out of the box and even if they did it would be a horrible experience causing motion sickness whenever you move.
Like always wait for mods to implement/fix it, it's what Bethesda does best.
>>
inb4 pruned or deleted
>>
>>333915392
>don't feel any kind of motion sickness
>VR devs still won't let me move because of other people

The worst.
>>
>motion controls other than the head

The exact moment VR fucked up.
>>
>>333915852
I don't see the problem with this because games don't have to use them and there is a lot of cool stuff that can be done with them.
Yes, it's gimmicky, but it has an appeal and it's fine as long as devs don't try to force them into games where it would be better with just the headset.
>>
>>333915232
That would require Bethesda to make efforts in order to adapt their old crappy engine.
>>
File: 12615939159404.jpg (175 KB, 700x598) Image search: [Google]
12615939159404.jpg
175 KB, 700x598
>>333915232
> Even if the best way to play would still be
With or without VR the best way to play will be NOT to play it. Seriously, enough of it.

M&B2 or Chivalry 2 are better looking options. But I don't think they'll find money to implement this.
>>
>>333915297
>>333916152
Effort unfortunately never stopped them before, why would it stop them now?

Bethesda puts a lot of effort into fucking up when trying new things, example: Codsworth
>>
>>333915232
>tfw no qt Khajiit gf
>>
>>333915852
>>333915998
It would be gimmicky if we were talking Wiimotes, Kinect or PSMove, here.

We're not. Those things are insane and boost interactivity and immersion by a ludicrous degree. When your eyes and ears are in the game, would not having your hands in the game feel natural?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt_DlzmIHjw
>>
Elder Scrolls VI is going to be complete shit anyways so who cares
>>
>>333917284
The motion controls for Vive are so precise that you can easily see the controller in VR and pick it up without even taking the headset off. That is some next level shit right there.
>>
File: 2015-03-18_00001.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-18_00001.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1080
>>333917308
modders
>>
>>333917434
>>333917284
>tfw in car game
>left vive controller is on the steering wheel
>right controller has a pistol
>jam head out car window and look back, start shooting at cars chasing you

>gotta look forward to make sure your face doesn't get clipped off by a sign, and make sure you're still on the road, shooting blindly behind you while you do so

I can see people starting up a fucking Holosuite Building with a bunch of rooms with space to move or one of those walking sensor harnesses that hold you in place while you slide your feet across it and feel like you're moving, and you can just fucking rent VR space for a bit.

The future's looking pretty fucking rad.
>>
File: 81XCDKEBFNL._SL1500_.jpg (179 KB, 1500x1271) Image search: [Google]
81XCDKEBFNL._SL1500_.jpg
179 KB, 1500x1271
>>333918009
>play with an actual steering wheel peripheral
>the Vive controller is a surrogate for a physical gun laying around in the car that you can pick up and use with either hand

Wood has been achieved.
>>
>>333917537
>sprinkling sugar on shit will make it better guys! :D

mods wont do shit for any future Bethesda games if they make it like Fo4.
>>
I can't imagine it would be easy for them to incorporate VR support when they already put zero effort into their games and when the engine their games run on is like 15 years old
>>
File: skyrim_shot_3_zps49292f8d.jpg (99 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
skyrim_shot_3_zps49292f8d.jpg
99 KB, 800x440
>>333920001
With some optimizations it would be possible. As said before it's possible to play Skyrim on an Oculus Rift, although do to some game design choices the results are somewhat middling. If the game was being designed with VR in mind from the start then it wouldn't be that hard for Bethesda to avoid those problems, namely the way the game world looks really small when viewed through the OR, and the sky looks very flat and close like it's a dome over your head.

Those are engine-side tweaks that Bethesda could make. Another problem that was inherent with the OR mod was that it wasn't compatible with an ENB, which meant you were stuck with the game's default visuals. This is a result of how VR gets modded into the game though, and if the game natively had VR support this wouldn't be a problem.

The system requirements would probably be absurd without terribly pretty graphics out of the box, but it'd be doable.
>>
>>333918009

why not just buy one for yourself anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZEnjwUqc4M
I already have this bitch on preorder. Come the fall im gonna lose all interest in normie games and get a sweet bod to boot. already running a few miles a week in prep, the future is here my man.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.