[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In honor of all the Kickstarter crowdfunded games in development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Kickstaller-logpo.jpg (66 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
Kickstaller-logpo.jpg
66 KB, 1500x750
In honor of all the Kickstarter crowdfunded games in development hell (read: corporate theft) I would like to ask you all what games that actually made it through development after being funded you see as being a true success worthy of their funding.

And, no, Reddit bait games don't count.

>inb4 Harvest Moon clone.
>>
Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong.
>>
Risk of rain. I didn't give them money during the kickstarter though.
>>
Divinity, original sin. I think the second original sin is being developed now, too.
>>
Republique, I enjoyed it.

Episode 5 didn't have much actual playing of the game, but figuring out the shit going on was pretty rad.

Unless you get the ending where Hope kills herself.
>>
Wasteland 2
Expeditions: Conquistador
FTL: Faster Than Light
DivOS
>>
What is reddit bait game
>>
Pathologic is already a success, despite not being out yet.
>>
>>333912294

Darkest Dungeon too.

That's about all I can think of that wasn't mentioned already.
>>
File: SRHKDiptychFinal_Left1920x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SRHKDiptychFinal_Left1920x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>333912479
Seconding this.
>>
Grim Dawn

No one forced anyone to give a KS money. They knew the risks.
>>
File: le bait.jpg (5 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
le bait.jpg
5 KB, 460x215
>>333912926
You new here or something?

It's actually Reddit humor, and SJW bait, but blah blah.

It's not really even a big commercial success.
>>
>>333913308
>reddit
>sjw
I remember that game being talked about on /v/ all the time for months before it was released.

did we start hating it because it got popular?
>>
Lisa

Also Undertale but I guess that's reddit bait, even though /v/ was hype as fuck for it before it got popular
>>
Games that came out:
>Bear Simulator

Games I backed and waiting on:
>MN9. Not excited anymore.
>Shantae. Still looking forward to.
>SCALE. Dev was being a huge shithead for several years, but looks like he is finally getting content done. Don't care anymore.
>Frog Fractions 2.
>Ruler by Default, some VN Anime game I backed randomly. No idea, been quiet for months. Do not care all that much.
>Yooka-Laylee: Still excited for, wish there was more news though.
>Shenmue III: Cautiously optimistic, but I have been waiting literally 13 years for this.
>>
File: ScreenShot_22_07_2014-14-05-16.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_22_07_2014-14-05-16.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Sir, You Are Being Hunted delivered on all their promises. Game is still pretty repetitive though but that has nothing to do with the Kickstarter campaign.

Also Expeditions: Conquistador, and they're making a new game without a Kickstarter campaign so it really was to Kickstart and not making all of their games using Kickstarter like some people.
>>
Where's the thread for the miserable failures?
>>
>>333913419
Yes, welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>333912294
Hand of Fate was surprisingly fun. I didn't think it would be as good as it was. Still haven't beaten the dealer. Should get around to it one of these days.
>>
File: wasteland-2-pc_7gms.jpg (457 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
wasteland-2-pc_7gms.jpg
457 KB, 1061x1500
Hyper Light Drifter
Shadowgate (2014)
Broken Age
Wasteland 2
War for the Overworld
Shovel Knight

Extra points for Wasteland 2 and Shovel Knight.

Wasteland 2 managed to secure the rights to a lost franchise, revamp it, and bring it to multiple platforms all at once. It's also really good! If you're tired of super grindy RPGs then you have found a friend. It's very tactical and can be unforgiving, but some might see that as a bonus.

Shovel Knight is a fun little Megaman type game that plays very smoothly and has a great feel to it. It, too, can be unforgiving but in only the ways that a platformer can. It was so popular that a brand new indie game go it's own Amiibo. I repeat: Nintendo saw the sales and said "Shovel Knight deserves an amiibo because people love and buy this game". Now that's a success!
>>
>>333913308
>it's not even a big success
>made millions
Pretty impressive for a game so boring with only dialogue going on.
>>
>>333913985

That would crash the board with such an unfathomable list.

It's easier to name the very small amount of games that are worth caring about from kickstarter.
>>
>>333914332

Nintendo didn't give SK an amiibo. The SK amiibo is distributed independently, Nintendo just approved it.
>>
>>333914557
The fact that an indie game got approved for amiibo still says something (even if I got some of the details wrong). It even is seeing incorporation in other Nintendo games like Mario Maker so it's not something they just approved then ignored. Shovel Knight also got a physical release from what started as a download only title, which also says something about huge sales numbers.
>>
>>333914785

ANY third party can make their own amiibo, they just need to cover the costs and get its use approved by Nintendo.
>>
File: 1400566015870.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1400566015870.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>333913419
>did we start hating it because it got popular?
Got it in one, anon.

The contrarian teenagers who now populate /v/ have deemed everything popular is bad.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.