[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cemu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 1448742338795.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448742338795.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
What does /v/ think about Cemu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEob8wh1lQ
>>
I think it is absolutely useless for games like Splatoon and Mario Maker. I'm also questioning how they'll approach the issue of the gamepad - I'm aware wiimotes are easily emulated, but the gamepad and the way its gyro aiming works in games like Starfox and Splatoob may prove difficult to map unless some company starts making 3rd party pads.
>>
>>333911956
>I think it is absolutely useless for shit games
Thank god

>but the gamepad and the way its gyro aiming works in games like Starfox and Splatoob may prove difficult to map unless some company starts making 3rd party pads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQGz23eyLKc
>>
>>333911956

I think it has potential, but like you said, it'll either be completely useless for 90% of the games on the WiiU, or someone will have to think up a really clever solution for how they're going to handle the second screen.

They might entertain he idea of doing it something like they do with DS emulation, but even that's a pretty bad solution.
>>
Following up >>333912276, it'll have to be something like >>333912269 's video.

But that raises the issue of having to own a Wii U gamepad, and at that point you may as well buy the console, right?
>>
>>333912414
>But that raises the issue of having to own a Wii U gamepad, and at that point you may as well buy the console, right?
This. The only way to get a gamepad is to own a console anyway, hence why I suggested potential 3rd party gamepads as a possible solution.
>>
>>333912527

I agree. Nintendo might finally have out-gimmick'ed emulation.

That being said, I'm pretty sure you can still buy the gamepads separat. Worst case, I still see them sold used every now and then.

That being said would there really be a market for third-party Nintendo gamepads?
>>
>>333911615
>Patreon build
>literally selling an illegal emulator
Has anyone told nintendo yet?
>>
>>333912737
>That being said, I'm pretty sure you can still buy the gamepads separat.
The only way to get them separately is if you order a replacement pad. Whilst I've never had to do this, my understanding is that they ask for your console's manufacturing code in order to supply a gamepad compatible with it, since gamepads are strictly tied to the system they ship with or something like that.
>>
>>333912773

They can't sue because it's technically not selling. For it to be selling it has to have a fixed price.
>>
>>333912773
It still is fair use since all patreon does is give people a way support the team to finish their project. It doesnt specify that it is going to be behind a paywall when it is done.
>>
>>333912928
Gamepads are not tied per system, I've personally tested this with two Wii Us.
>>
>>333911956
you could ostensibly use a phone app to simulate the gamepad, could work somewhat acceptably, even more so if you had one of those phone holders that clip onto a controller
>>
>>333913786

This isn't the worst idea I've heard. That being said, it'd require some custom app, and all of a sudden we're into a brand new technology, which would require even more people working on it with an even broader understanding of programming.
>>
>>333913773
What happened when you tested it?
Really curious now over this.

>>333913786
You still need physical buttons that can be used whilst you tilt it about
>>
>>333911615
Can't Nintendo shut this down? There's no way they would let this stay up in the Wii U's lifetime.
>>
Its making faster progress but getting those fine details for slowdown and lighting will take years. Just like Dolphin still a pain with lighting and sound problems
>>
>>333914015
You just have to sync the pad the same way you do when you first set up the console. I'm not certain, but I don't think the IDs on the Gamepad and Wii U are related.
>>
>>333914146
>You just have to sync the pad the same way you do when you first set up the console.
I legitimately never remember doing this
>>
>>333914114
Emulation isn't actually illegal, so they can't touch it.
>>
>>333914231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-daIoYsJw
>>
>>333914114

Nah, not until anything is sold. And though the paetron thing comes close, there's nothing that can be done unless a fixed price is set. Up to that it's still considered a "donation".
>>
>>333914114
Long as the emulator runs the software differently than how the Wii U handles it then there's no problems.
>>
>>333914307
>>333914429
>>333914490
I still feel like Nintendo would find a way to get it down.

The CEO of Nintendo looks like a Yakuza boss, I wouldn't put it past them if the creators of Cemu mysteriously disappeared.
>>
>>333914308
Oh yeah, I remember that weird icon-match thing. Well I guess you could order an official gamepad...which is nearly half the cost of the console itself anyway
>>
>>333914429
>>333913141
>>333912931
Selling emulators is legal too
>>
>nonfree
>no source code
Botnet, controls and punishes the user.
>>
>>333914659
Hasn't happened yet. Still the source code should still be on Github or something.
>>333914863
I remember some emulators were shareware. Don't see much of that these days.
>>
>>333914863

Yeah but it's makes for a lot easier of a sue.
>>
Literally stolen Dolphin code hidden behind closed source and a paywall. It's shit.
>>
>>333915168
The worst thing is when one emulator is generally better, like John's GBA mostly outshines myboy for actually allowing nearly everything with only the random ad cutin
>>
>>333911956
Dude like DS3 and DS4 have gyro built in, it's not rocket science.
>>
Useless because WiiU has no games I want to play.
Otherwise Id have bought one already
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.