[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody tell me who exactly is the target market for the Wii U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
Can anybody tell me who exactly is the target market for the Wii U?
>>
nobody knows
>>
It doesn't really have one, or any noteworthy marketing at all outside of some Splatoon ad campaigns - pretty-much sums up the poor sales.

Enjoy a thread of shitposting here on in.
>>
People who play video games. Weird I know.
>>
>>333909370
Every single product has a target audience. There isn't a product that doesn't have a target audience. Can anyone please tell me the target market for the Wii U?

Anybody who plays video-game doesn't cut it. Please specify an age and gender. There can't be any other answer.
>>
>>333909370
I think OP meant demographic. Not like someone attempting to make a shitposting thread would know the difference.
>>
>>333909483
>There can't be any other answer.
Technically there can though
>>
nintendo wanted the wii market but they forgot to advertise or make any games for their console and also the game pad is just fucking weird so it was never gonna attract the wii market
>>
>>333909096
They were trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Asymmetrical gameplay was a mistake.
>>
>>333909578
Okay there can be other answers.
>>
>>333909768
This post literally has nothing to do with its target market.
>>
>>333910009
The point is their target audience doesn't exist, which explains the shit sales.
>>
>>333909096
nintendrones
>>
Nintendo thought they could get Wii customers to play Gamecube games by using the Wii branding, but that ignores the simple reason why people ignored the Gamecube in the first place.
>>
>>333909096
They tried to target 80 year old with the Wii U. I remember seeing a commercial on youtube and it appears they had an 80 year old playing Wii U fit. They also tried to target 9 year old children with the Wii U. In between the age groups of young children and old people, they tried to target teenagers and older adults of either gender.

Nintendo tried to target everyone with the Wii U.

I consider trying to target everyone a negative practice. People simply like products when it's market speically towards their group.
>>
>>333910180
You didn't say that in your post though. Plus, the second post in the thread already explained that. Not really anymore to say.
>>
>>333910337
>People simply like products when it's market speically towards their group.
Yeah, that's why the iPhone and Wii were huge failures
>>
>>333909096
In 2012, it was the Wii audience.
In 2013 and 2014, it was the hardcore gamer
In 2015, it was anyone who had bought amiibos
>>
>>333909096
Idiots.
>>
>>333909768

I disagree it was a mistake in itself. Nintendoland was fantastic and a good demonstration of asymmetrical gameplay.

The mistake was in not following through. Almost no other game did asymmetrical gameplay, let alone use the gamepad screen for anything meaningful. Then tablets really took off, and all the multimedia functions Nintendo intended the gamepad to use never really flourished. The wider market had no use for a device that was ultimately larger and clunkier than an ipad.

The WiiU DOES have a market, and it's a subset of core Nintendo fans who mainly buy for the big guns Nintendo trots out every generation. I bought my WiiU for Mario, Zelda, and Smash. I have to imagine many others did as well.
>>
>>333909096
brand loyal fanboys who dont mind getting shafted up the ass by a 'do-no-wrong' publicly traded corporation
>>
>>333909096
Nowadays? People that like to play Nintendo games.
>>
>>333910448
It's quite possible to have high sales and try to market towards everyone.

However, my point still remains how people like products better when it's made for their group.
>>
>>333909096

People who like Nintendo, honestly.

Which is weird, because they wanted lightning to strike twice, like original Wii.
>>
>>333909096
its a shitty Vita clone, who cares.
>>
>>333910805

What would imply decent projector quality on the game pad.
>>
>>333909096
It's me.
>>
>>333909731
This.
>>
>>333909096
Why would somebody make a product with no target audience in mind? I don't get it. It's like they don't know how to sell a product.
>>
File: nintendo fans.jpg (94 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
nintendo fans.jpg
94 KB, 500x354
>>333909096
>>
>>333909096
Casuals and (You). Then, casuals didn't gave a fuck, so it became a nice little hardcore machine. Then 3rd parties didn't gave a shit either and it became the new N64, targeting old fans with exclusives. Then E3 2015 happened and the thing suffered a miserable death.
>>
Am I the only one that likes the control? It's a satisfying size. What do people find wrong with it?
>>
>>333912056

>new N64

Nah, N64 had far more going on than WiiU.

Giving a nod to the glory days is not = to evolving the landscape like N64 actually did.
>>
>>333912305
>What do people find wrong with it?
Most people just shitpost based on looks whilst ergonomically it's surprisingly decent. I'd list it's actual flaws but anyone that's used it will know them by now and those that don't have the system aren't likely to get one anyway. Plus it'd just be giving shitposters easy fuel.
>>
>>333912305
>too big (a redesigned gamepad could've fixed this)
>odd trigger placement
>useless crap (mic and camera)
>can't claw it

other than that its ok
>>
>>333912056
N64 had the best ports of its days.

You mean Gamecube.
>>
>>333909096
Does anyone think Nintendo should try to target middle-aged mom and old people again? They tried to do it with the Wii U commercial.
>>
File: suckers.jpg (133 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
suckers.jpg
133 KB, 300x300
>>
>>333915626
No.
>>
>>333915626
No way. That audience is long gone and it's never coming back. Smart phones are too ubiquitous and are better integrated to the normie life style, more than the Wii ever was.
>>
>>333909096
Was intended to catch the casual market, but those werent interested anymore and then they tried to do a 180 and win back their old fanbase that left years ago, which didnt work either.
At this point hardcore drones that buy literally anything.
>>
>>333910523
My grandma bought it for netflix
>>
>>333916278
>At this point hardcore drones that buy literally anything.

I can't stand the delusion of the hardcores remaining.

They tout that things for Nintendo are as good as ever, maybe even better, according to them.
>>
>>333915874
The target market is lollipops?

Candy can't play vidya!
>>
>>333909096
It was supposed to be children but they don't give no fucks for nintendo so it ended up being manchildren.
>>
>>333909096
Nintendo fans. people who just enjoy fun video games.
>>
>>333909096
hmmm...
>PS4 -> Hardcore Gamers(???)
>Xbone ->All-In-One freaks
>Wii U -> ... Mario games?
>>
>>333917256
Nintendo toddlers have the most boring taste in fun. Literally the only game worth owning is MH3U.
>>
>>333917394
this desu
>>
>>333909096
kids and pedophiles
>>
>>333916040
and i think nintendo must be aware of this

i am 99% sure the NX is going to be some sort of console that can use smartphones as controllers and has heavy interactivity with nintendo's mobile games

i wouldn't be surprised if you could access a pseudo app store with it
>>
manchildren who want to play easy games for kids because it tickles their nostalgia
>>
>>333909096
They should had marketed the Wii U only to gay people.
>>
>basicly a smartphone glued to a controller.
>mainly kiddie land games.

You really don't know you man child weeb faggot?
>>
File: master.png (304 KB, 718x405) Image search: [Google]
master.png
304 KB, 718x405
>>333909096
Cheezus posters
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.