[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it feel like no one ever plays the binding of Isaac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x362
Why does it feel like no one ever plays the binding of Isaac (normal or rebirth) anymore. I still love this game and it's one of my favourites!
>>
Edmund killed off a lot of the community when he released Afterbirth.
>>
>>333907891
Cause Edmund and Florian ruined the games, Afterbirth and Eternal respectively.
>>
What's so bad about afterbirth? I think it's pretty fun
>>
>>333908206
Empty promises - a lot of features either didn't live up to their promise or even weren't there at all. Also, Greed mode kind of sucked, and most of the new challenges were so poorly thought-out and unbalanced as fuck, which is quite a feat considering the set of challenges Rebirth had at launch.

Basically: it's just bad. All it actually improves is the daily runs (which are quite neat), and some new items and synergies. But the negatives massively outweigh the positives.
>>
Rebirth ruined it for me. Unlocked everything but the process wasn't fun, I would much rather to watch someone else play now.
>>
>>333908206
To me it didn't add enough. It also felt like it raised the bullshit level while lowering the fun.
>>
Rebirth was poor, Afterbirth ruined the game by adding WAY too much bullshit.

>>333908043
Gitgud, Eternal is fucking awesome and you don't have to play eternal mode if you don't want. Original Isaac is still best Isaac. By far.
>>
Its damn near all I play on my Vita, shame about Edmund and what's his name, that retarded monkey who is is so bad at optimizing that they can't get it to run on the Vita.

Then again the PC one is a CPU hog and the Vita one slows to a crawl if I have large tears and anything with splash damage.
>>
I tried playing the original after playing rebirth for a couple weeks.

Noticing the shit frames broke my heart. We were okay with this!? If you didn't get an alternative tear type or pretty much full damage mitigation end game wasn't happening.

Only reason I'm not playing Rebirth is I'm waiting on Afterbirth+.
>>
I was waiting for Afterbirth. now I'm waiting for +.

having OCD sucks.
>>
>>333908583
I'm under the belief that edmund decided that people were ungrateful for his ARG bullshit and are just making people buy the rest of the content
afterbirth+ will probably have another shitty ARG to keep people from getting all the content
>>
>>333907891
I stopped playing because the lost is fucking bullshit.
I can't enjoy the game knowing that I have to clear all the bosses with the lost.
>>
Game's run it's course, it's not that fun anymore and they're taking their sweet ass time with the next DLC while providing no updates on it, I don't think I'll even buy it which brings me to another point of even fucking charging for it.
>>
>>333908206

Added tons of needlessly bullshit while continuously nerfing fun shit.

Secret rooms with nothing, or item pedestals surrounded by spikes is really really fun :-))

Nerfing good/fun items in a single player game is also needed :-))
>>
>>333909456
I'd like to try Original Isaac again, but the engine changes in Rebirth were so nice.
Hopefully Afterbirth + will allow people to create a mod that gives us the Vanilla experience on the new engine.
>>
>>333907891
The original one is definitely my favorite game in my library. Granted I still haven't played a few of ,y games but it was frustratingly fun an addicting getting all the achievements. Fuck you Mama's Boy
>>
>>333907891
I’m so put off by the art style, I just can’t bring myself to play it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.