[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isaac Afterbirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: isaac keeper.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
isaac keeper.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>Finish grinding shitty new game mode
>Unlock a "challenge" character who is torture to play and is the opposite of fun
>It's the worst character in the game. Even worse than the "joke" character who was meant to be unplayable.

What the fuck, Edmund? Is the next expansion going to another, EVEN WORSE character now? Is that even possible?
>>
>>333902226
Is he really worse than The Lost? And how?
Sorry, i'm still playing Rebirth
>>
>isaacposting

i wouldn't expect many replies, most people who finish the game 100% are sick to death of it
apparently the new update will also cost money, yet deliver little in the way of actual content
edmundo is a shill and is awful
>>
>>333902226
He should be able to pick up HP, but you still can't go over 2 "coins" worth of HP
but make it so that the extra HP picked up is stored somewhere as a value next to the coins else so you can still take devil deals and pills, but you can't take more than 2 hits per room
>>
>>333902525
he starts off with holy mantle after some greed machine unlocks

Its weird because it makes the D4 he's holding pretty shit because you're throwing away one of the best items in the game (especially for the lost)

keeper starts with 2 hp and can't go over 2hp, has triple shot so shoots really slowly. coins now replenish health and hearts turn into flies
>>
>>333902525
he's pretty shit, Lost at least starts with Holy Mantle and spectral tears in afterbirth, but you have to grind them out, and he can still take devil deals for free.

Keeper has only 2 health that are shown as coins, if you take damage it takes away an entire coin, so 2 hits and you're done. You can only heal by getting coins, so swallowed penny/piggybank is an instant win while anything else screws you over. You can't increase your health either and devil deals take away health, you can't take any 2 heart deal unless you have extra lives. To make it up somewhat, he starts with triple shot and hearts turn into flies.

Keeper would have been a lot better if they had given him a sonic style health system with coins as rings or something
>>
>>333902851
>>333902979
Damn, that sounds pretty awful, things like that, makes me want play Afterbirth instead, if i could
>>
>>333902525
Sure. let me try to explain:

>Imagine you only had two hearts max.
>Imagine everything always did a full of heart of damage.
>Imagine you cannot pick up soul hearts, and instead all hearts are now flies.
>Now remember there's only two hearts MAX. As in, you can have less. Devil deals will decrease your hearts. And yes, this means two heart deals will actually kill you.
>Also remember that you can't pick up soul heart, so all damage is red heart damage. Good luck even getting devil rooms.
>And imagine that only "positive" thing you get is triple shot. No flight, no speed, nothing useful, just triple shot.

It's a complete joke. And the funny thing is, it totally could have worked if you could increase your health above 2 coins, which for some arbitrary reason you cannot.
>>
>>333903552
Stop crying you little faggot
>>
File: 1457148353703.jpg (82 KB, 492x478) Image search: [Google]
1457148353703.jpg
82 KB, 492x478
>>333904274
>>
Any chance of Afterbirth coming to PS4?
That extra content looks sweet

Also, regarding the keeper, i'm sure Edmund will eventually un-fuck him like he did with the lost
>>
>>333904917
yeah he'll fix him in the next paid expansion that should have been free

also tyrone is working on porting afterbirth to ps4
>>
>>333902226

Next update will have 60% coop babies just you wait and a slew of nerfs that didn't need to happen
>>
>>333905219
Don't forget introducing 10 billion useless items and trinkets to permanently pollute the pools. And nerfing pills. And nerfing angel rooms.
>>
I just bought rebirth + afterbirth and had never played this game before this weekend. Is any character even remotely as OP as lilith?
>>
>>333902979

>sonic style health system

Then he would be more broken than Azazel.
>>
>>333905735
Azazel and Isaac with D6 are a lot better than Lilith, hell, she's really only useful in greed mode now that Box of Friends was nerfed hard
>>
>>333902226
I have 1001%, Lost is actually a lot of fun after you get holy mantle, he is very playable. Keeper is dogshit bad. There are so many trap rooms that can and likely will instantly kill you due to borderline guaranteed damage.

Here is my guide to play keeper:

1. Start
2. Reset until you get a very good item or damage upgrade.
3. Bomb pots until you find swallowed penny.
4. If you don't have the swallowed penny or a very strong item before floor 2 just go ahead and reset.
5. Play until you can defeat Isaac and unlock wooden nickel.

Notes: With swallowed penny you should abuse every sacrifice room that shows up.

Don't ever take a devil deal unless you have an HP up sitting outside or a strength card on the floor.

Do not drop wooden nickel ever under any circumstances unless mom's box is available and you have swallowed penny.

Unless you are bombing your way in, never enter a cursed room.

Use the wooden nickel upon entering a room and don't pick up the coin during combat unless you must.

Before unlocking wooden nickel, do not pick up the coins until after clearing most of the floor.

Good luck, you will need it. Following these guidelines won't make you win, they just make him marginally playable. He really is pure trash.
>>
File: f.png (455 KB, 963x586) Image search: [Google]
f.png
455 KB, 963x586
>>333903552
Does this trigger you?
>>
>>333905498

>nerfing angel rooms

Were angel rooms ever good?
>>
>>333905061
>yeah he'll fix him in the next paid expansion that should have been free
Fuck

>Tyrone is working on porting afterbirth to ps4

So it is? noice.

>>333905735
Azazel
>>
>>333902226
don't bother playing the keeper, half his unlocks literally either provide no benefit or just make the game harder like the sticky nickels
>>
>>333905928
slogging through tedious things does not make the character fun
>>
>>333905934
Yeah, they used to have guaranteed item, which was really good.
Now, you're lucky to get an item, let alone a good one, since you can get
>3 pennies
>2 Eternal Hearts
>4 souls hearts in the corners behind unbreakable blocks and locks
>>
>>333902226
When's this shit coming out on Vita? I got TPG months ago.
>>
>>333906186
>those angel chests that you can re-use but half the time don't even give you anything

fuck off steakmund
>>
>>333906225
Never, said way back when the Placenta released.
>>
Its been 5 months and I still play when im bored, with the sound muted and hearing some podcast. Will you get afterbirth+ when it comes?

>>333904917
The fucker only cares to the PC version, you can still do the dead cat trick for lost on 3DS.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-10+at+10.05.50).jpg (58 KB, 423x566) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-10+at+10.05.50).jpg
58 KB, 423x566
>>333902226
Come on, Keeper wasn't even the worst part about getting this achievement.

Blinding Baby was the last thing I needed and it took me forever to get thanks to desire sensor.
>>
>>333906186
>they used to have guaranteed item
when
i remember there being a lot of angel deals that were just 3 spirit hearts
>>
>>333906324
Well fuck. Looks like I'm gonna have to get TPG on PC too.
>>
>>333906405
>Blank Card with the Sun
Srsly? That was one of the first ones I got done when I got down to grinding out all the bullshit.
>>
>>333906452
the original isaac. There they were actually decent because you always got an item, and the pool was small enough for there to be a good chance at Sacred Heart.
>>
>>333906357
I'll get Afterbirth+ because I'm a huge faggot for the game even though Ed and Tryone keep making it shittier, hopefully there will be balance mods out fast for it, can't wait to see what people make for the game with official tools
>>
>>333905897
I saw how ridiculously powerful Azazel can be, but I just thought I got lucky with upgrades. So far I've only beaten Hard mode with Azazel and Greed mode with Azazel and Lilith.

My 2nd or 3rd attempt at Hard mode with Azazel I wound up getting Safety Scissors + Curse of the Tower, making it possible for me to exchange a half a heart for tons of bombs at any time, and also got Daddy Longlegs.
>>
>>333906673
Yeah, didn't realize I needed it until I fully completed all the post-it notes for each character. Took a few dozen more runs because blank card would never show up.
>>
>Start game
>All items are damge+ allstat+ or awesome
>Beat the game once
>WORSE PILLS, WORSE ENEMIES, WORSE ITEMS UNLOCKED

uh... okay

>beat the game again
>EVEN WORSE PILLS, EVEN WORSE ITEMS, EVEN WORSE ENEMIES

uhh... please no man

>ill just do a challenge run
>CONGRATULATIONS YOU UNLOCKED WORSE RUNES

N-noo please

>Hush fight and ultra greed have damage scaling

Ed is an out-of-touch bitter faggot who lucked out with binding of issac, has no idea why anyone likes it, and just adds worse and worse elements.
>>
>playing rebirth
>sheol
>fucking room with a spinning laser and three walking hosts
>if you don't beat them quick you get damaged over and over again

why the fuck
>>
>>333907643
because edmund
>>
>>333907285
when you say "worse" do you mean
"poorly designed" or do you mean
"less useful" (re:items/runes) and "more annoying" (re:enemies)
>>
File: azazel.png (58 KB, 203x162) Image search: [Google]
azazel.png
58 KB, 203x162
This motherfucker is the dirtiest thing about the game.

Holy shit, whenever I play him I feel so filthy
>>
File: 1459651000110.png (334 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1459651000110.png
334 KB, 640x464
>People are STILL playing this game

how
>>
>>333909549
>why are people playing video games
>>
>>333909549
youtubers being paid to shill it and keep it alive so the devs can keep making money, see Northernlion and company.
>>
>>333909272
A little of both.

Pills like paralyze, are you a wizard, etc are not only less useful as items, but also completely irrelevant and poorly designed. The second you know these pills exist, you will never again use a pill in battle, and because of that they become merely "Okay now wait for a full minute and think about what you've done" especially now that the number of bad pills outweighs the number of good pills by far.

There are more champions, and that's fine by itself, but theres some real fucking shitty champion enemy combos that just really don't work/shouldn't be allowed to appear.

Stuff like skull caps with pink champion. Or invisible leaping firemen/spiders

The runes are MERELY less useful, which really doesn't make sense to me as a concept, why would I want to unlock less good things?
>>
>>333909793
Good to know, thanks for the elaboration
>>
>>333909753
It starts losing its appeal after you 100%.
>>
>>333909793
Especially for how tedious it can be to unlock some runes. Like Solar System, for instance. Shit like the Chaos Card doesn't even insta-kill phased bosses.
>>
>>333909790
>Northernlion

I like NL and his friends. cant stand alpaca patrol though dudes a vaping asshole
>>
I got 100% back in rebirth and i cant bring myself to get everything in afterbirth
its way shittier
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.