[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck happened to remedy? >film grain a stylistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: remedy.jpg (166 KB, 684x1294) Image search: [Google]
remedy.jpg
166 KB, 684x1294
what the fuck happened to remedy?

>film grain a stylistic choice that you can't turn off
>slow loading textures that look like ASS is a "engine quirk"
>ghosting is just how we made the game bro
>>
Is it the same engine as alan wake? That game had a ghosting/blur thing on it. Didn't mind it then, though.
>>
>>333901712

>MS paid us to make a game around the limitations of the xbox one and we're calling it our cinematic vision

That about sums it up
>>
PAYNE
>>
>It's Not a Defect, It's a Feature
>>
What a bunch of shitty cop-out answers
>>
>>333902025

Pretty much.

People on this shithole of a board say 60 fps is a meme, but it's not. It's the refresh rate of most monitors. There's an objective and logical reason for 60 fps to be the standard. Or, perhaps the standard ten years ago, and the bare minimum today.

30 fps, though -- more specifically, the idea that it's okay or even good -- is literally a meme, invented by people who know how gullible consoletards can be when believing some idiotic shit helps them to justify their purchase to their peers in silly internet squabbles.

"But but but, we did it that way on purpose! It's cinematic! It looks better! Your eyes can't tell the difference anyway! We can't decide if it's better or the same, but the point is, don't you dare say it's worse!"
>>
I never understand why devs make their games look like pure fucking shit with AA and blurring and shit when the consoles clearly cant handle it.

Turn all that trash off, and then add little by little until its becomes acceptable.

Why have 9000 lens flares with shitty AA and blur on everything, which makes the game slow as fuck and ugly as sin, when you can just have no blur, less effects, perhaps better or the same AA, and better textures?
>>
>>333902658
it's even worse in quantum break where if you have a 60hz screen, you're capped at 50fps.
>>
>>333902658
30fps is objectively worse than 60fps but that doesn't mean it's a huge deal to me.
>>
>>333902670

Think about why people even buy games in the first place.

Do they find out if a game is good by playing a demo? No, they can't, because developers don't release demos anymore. Do they rent a game from Blockbuster before buying it? No, they can't, because Blockbuster is gone, as is every competitor. Do they borrow a friend's copy? That's pretty hard to do when the game isn't out yet, and most normie purchases are pre-orders. Gotta get that single-player game on day one, for some reason.

There's precisely one reason any non-hipster buys a game: Hype. They watch a pre-rendered trailer and look at some screenshots, and then they spend $60. (It's not so much money when you only know of about a dozen games in existence -- some Call of Duty games, some Madden games, Skyrim and Fallout 4 and The Last of Us and BioShock Infinite, some other normie games, and this, and whatever over-hyped shit comes next.)

The point is that all that garbage -- lens flare, film grain, motion blur, depth of field, etc. -- looks good in screenshots and carefully edited trailers. Do you really think a normie is going to consider how these scene-obscuring special effects will impact the gameplay?
>>
>>333902820

I heard. It's disgusting.

Even if I move to Windows 10 at the end of the free upgrade period, I'm not going to buy the game now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.