[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
surely you didn't fell for the amiibo fad, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: amiibo-hero-mobile.jpg (112 KB, 768x365) Image search: [Google]
amiibo-hero-mobile.jpg
112 KB, 768x365
surely you didn't fell for the amiibo fad, right?
>>
Of course not.

I buy real toys, not some mcdonald shit
>>
>>333900378
I'm amazed how Nintendo can even botch something that was so successful?
>>
>>333900378
I have over 50, please, end me.
>>
>Hey we're making these things with DLC in them for characters we're putting into the game!
>Can't just buy the amiibo and get the character in game with it
>Having to pay ~£20 to use a character to it's full extent

I have one amiibo. The Squid that came with the special edition of Splatoon.
>>
I have a few
>>
>fad
Saltyfag
>>
Until Twilight Princess, no. Fucking amiibos, doing shit I want in a remaster of a game I like.
>>
>>333900902
I have around 56

going to get more later
>>
>>333901383
Damnit Coleman!
>>
File: 1458153779462.jpg (101 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1458153779462.jpg
101 KB, 728x636
I fell for it. Not because of a fad, but because I've wanted Smash Bros trophy like figures since the N64 days.

They are all stashed away and I never use them or look at them. End me.
>>
I have five of them.
I'd have six, but DK is out of print right now.
>>
File: 1458111064150.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458111064150.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>Have to import Dedede if i want him cheaper
>Most of Wave 1 is out of stock now
>No Mario series version of Wario
>US still has store exclusives
>>
>>333900378
Yes I have all of them
>>
File: CcHqctCUMAAjM20.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CcHqctCUMAAjM20.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
Nope, never bought a single one. Feels good. If I ever buy figures, which I rarely do, they have to be from something i like. Characters from franchises I used to love but got largely shit/casualizes on ugly little display stands don't interest me.
>>
File: kirby-series-amiibo[1].jpg (68 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
kirby-series-amiibo[1].jpg
68 KB, 1000x500
>>333902606
There's a new Kirby set in Japan to tie into the new game.

The Dedede in it looks like shit though.
>>
I bought the 8-bit Mario one that came out with Mario Maker because it looks cool.

Other than that, no.
>>
>>333900378
No, I buy Skylanders. At least they DO something.

>inb4 'skylanders is bad' meme
>inb4 'JUST'
>>
>>333901080
>Having to pay ~£20 to use a character to it's full extent
which game does this? i don't pay attention to nintendo stuff outside of zelda/pokemon/starfox
>>
No. They never made any of the ones I would actually want.
>>
I only bought several and only cause I like the characters. I don't care about what in game shit they do, nor if Nintendo stops making more out of nowhere. Sure I'd like a Ridley amiibo, Prime Suit Samus amiibo, Muk amiibo, but I really don't care if there's amiibos of them or not. .
>>
>>333900378
Never bought an amiibo.
>>
File: pete-campbell.jpg (44 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
pete-campbell.jpg
44 KB, 560x375
>>333902893
>all the literal manchildren who are dying to buy this entire amiibo set

Characters like Captain Falcon or Ness I can understand because they have virtually no other merchandise, but if youre above the age of 7 and you buy Kirby figurines you're a certified faggot
>>
I got a couple.

Ultimately though, I only collected the ones I wanted, not all of them.

This lead to a slippery slope to Disney Infinity, where I just fucking bought everything
>>
I've avoided them like the plague, because I know I'd have to catch 'em all if I ever got just one of them. Plus their compatibility and rewards for games has been laughably lackluster, so there's no incentive for me.
>>
>>333903093
The Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors only unlocks the Spinner weapon if you scan a Link (only have to do it once though).

Splatoon locks challenge mode and 3 outfit pieces for each Splatoon Amiibo.

The new dungeon in Twilight Princess HD is only accessible if you scan the Wolf Link amiibo.

Supposedly Starfox Zero needs the Fox amiibo scanned to unlock the SNES Arwing.
>>
How do you guys pay for your amiibos/figures?

>doing anything other than working part-time and living at home
>>
I have the yarn yoshi that came with wooly world. I would love to get the mega one if it weren't a toy r us exclusive.
>>
I bought Toon Link, Captain Falcon and Fox.

Also Diddy because I was planning on scalping him.

Joke's on me because he was never rare at all. Now I just have Diddy in the packaging still.

FUCKING NINTENDO
>>
File: amiibo.png (4 MB, 3695x4725) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.png
4 MB, 3695x4725
all boxed
>>
The only one I own is Shovel Knight. It was a gift and I don't even know if it really counts.
>>
>The ZSS amiibo lovingly sculpts her breasts and asscheeks instead of leaving them as solid lumps

Surprised they went the extra mile on her.
>>
>>333903093
Smash Bros was the one I was thinking of off of teh top of my head, but after a quick fact check the amiibo price has dropped from what I recall from last time I checked.
It's just over £15 now to get and use Mewtwo with it's amiibo.
>>
>>333903505
I know people have their own personal hobbies and that you're obligated to spend your money however you want, but when I see shit like this it just drives me the up the fucking wall.
>>
>>333900378

I got the Samus one and the Yarn Yoshi.

Samus is a piece of shit. Yarn Yoshi is super cute
>>
File: 1456188839145.jpg (46 KB, 599x373) Image search: [Google]
1456188839145.jpg
46 KB, 599x373
Bayonetta Amiibo fucking when?
>>
File: 25234325234234234.png (552 KB, 469x728) Image search: [Google]
25234325234234234.png
552 KB, 469x728
>Everytime you go into gamestop and see amiibo everywhere
>>
>>333903883
I know, the nerve of people enjoying things you don't.

How dare they!
>>
I'm just after Megaman and then maybe Corrin. I don't like guy Corrin one bit but if Ninty is based enough to make the female versions of Corrin and Robin then I'm sold.
>>
>>333903939

At least it's not as bad as walking into Gamestop and seeing a good portion of one wall covered in that fucking Pop Vinyl garbage.
>>
>>333903976
I absolutely hate male Corrin's design, so I really hope they make the female alternates (and to keep it fair, the male alternate of WFT) eventually.
>>
>>333900791
how did they botch it in your opinion?
>>
File: weird-funny-stock-photos-26.jpg (27 KB, 499x746) Image search: [Google]
weird-funny-stock-photos-26.jpg
27 KB, 499x746
>>333903939
>mfw the GameStop near me has a section of the store dedicated to amiibo and vidya merch

The same thing happened to Barnes and Noble too, instead of children's books they specialize in lego sets and toys now.
>>
>>333903434
I save up my lunch money that my mom gives me
>>
>>333903939
The one here only has them on a 4 sided display near the back of the store.

They have Infinity figures taking up the entire front wall when you walk in.
Hell, every store I've been to around here has the Amiibo section tiny while there's a gigantic section dedicated to Infinity and Skylanders.

Meanwhile that Lego game's figures are sequestered into a tiny little space away from everything else, without fail. Wonder how badly it bombed.
>>
>>333903939
>go into gamestop
>half of the store is dedicated skylanders, disney infinity, lego game figures, amiibos, fucking pop figures and other not video game merchandise
>>
I have 13 of them.
I'm planning to get Cloud
Call me when they make a female Corrin amiibo.
Although I really shouldn't buy anymore until they do something worth while. Like having their own game.
>>
>>333904595
>other half is 90 percent Xbox360 and PS3 games and 10 percent split between the 3DS, Wii U, Xbone, and PS4.

Poor Vita section is just one rack that's shared with used Wii accessories.
>>
If I was a kid I would've been all over Amiibo, I used to buy Pokemon toys that didn't do anything but I would get them anyway.
>>
>>333905051
>the stores around here now have neat looking plushees of all the Eevees
>I would have loved a plush Vaporeon back when R/B was new

Not fair man.
>>
I'm honestly surprised that they were successful at all. I feel like a bunch of drones went out and bought them by the boat load just because toys from Nintendo are so rare, and they think they're going to be collector's items or something. Even Nintendo has said that few people are using them in the intended way, which for all practical purposes means they failed as a product. They could have just as easily made actual quality toys without the NFC chips in them and people would have still bought them just the same, I wager. Meanwhile, people who just want to play video games are being penalized by having content locked behind physical paywalls.
>>
>>333905772
They actually do make regular figures, but it's always just the main Mario characters with the rare occasional other series getting token representation.

Hell, found a Wind Waker Ganondorf figure at a drug store several months ago, pretty surprising.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.