[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most disappointing you've been about a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1331197360707.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1331197360707.png
29 KB, 200x200
What's the most disappointing you've been about a game after getting hyped over it ?
>>
MGS V

I loved the first half so much, but jesus did they drop the ball.
It's still a good game, just not a great MGS game.
>>
Watch dogs and Destiny
Last two times I bought western full priced shit
>>
>>333894813
GT5 I bought a PS3 just for that game
Bad Company 2 on PC
MGSV
Fallout 4
I was going to say Trackmania Turbo, but deep down I knew it was going to suck
>>
File: 440px-Mom_vignette.png (269 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
440px-Mom_vignette.png
269 KB, 440x600
I held out hope until the very end.
>>
THPS HD

The announcement gave me a small bit of hope for the series, but then they admitted it was basically just going to be a THPS2 remake. Then the announcement that the revert would be DLC was the full hypekill for me.

On release, I pirated it to try it, and it was even worse than I could have imagined:

>no local multiplayer
>physics were irreparably fucked with Unreal
>soundtrack was okay but missing loads of good classics
>roster was meh
>controls on PC were completely fucked
>literally the worst selection of parks out of all they had to choose

seriously, who the fuck wanted Downhill Jam, Marseilles or Venice Beach? Especially when there was Philadelphia, San Francisco, Bull Ring, Ventura, New York City and even goddamn Roswell that would have filled the slots better. Shit, even Chicago would have been a better fit than Marseilles.
>>
Spore
>>
>>333895326
still more of a proper metroid game than the shitty primes.
>>
>>333895786
This
>>
>>333895890

If that's a "proper" metroid game, then metroid was a shit series to begin with.
>>
>>333895017
Watch Dogs had a lot of potential. I still have good memories of playing it. The rain. The atmosphere. The hacking. Next game will be good.
>>
File: no.jpg (60 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
60 KB, 706x706
>>333895786
Same, especially after keeping up with it since it was announced and seeing what it could have been: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t0kuvz5x_4
>>
File: 1456507941682.jpg (1 MB, 960x1356) Image search: [Google]
1456507941682.jpg
1 MB, 960x1356
One of the very, VERY few times I bought a game at release.

Never. Again.
>>
The last time I got excited for a video game was Brawl.

Never again. Such a colossal disappointment.

Japan Time was more fun, interesting, and entertaining than the actual game itself. Japan Time lasted longer then my actual play time with the game itself.

Brawl was the game that killed my interest in ever researching or looking at any information before a games release.

I know better now than to expect good things in a game.

It's best to just not care and find out the game is average a few years later when everyone else on the planet has tried it out to be brutally honest.

This shit about buying a new game full price day one is fucking stupid nowadays, seriously.
>>
Spore and Fable 3
>>
>>333896015
this is what primefags actually believe...
>>
>>333894813
Hawken..
>>
>>333895016
The mission where you go kill all of the infected soldiers is 10/10 though
>>
>>333894813
>fallout 4
decent game but not a good fallout game by any means. maybe i might be becoming a casual but after that, i think im done with vidya from now on.
>>
>>333895326
;_; I know that feel man
Other M fucking destroyed me

>>333895890
(You)
>>
>>333896139
fuck this game so much. one of the worst uses of $60 ever
>>
>>333896259

>game is undeniably shitty
>but it's more like the classic ones so it's better than the higher-quality spinoffs

I didn't think that Other Mfags actually existed, but thanks for proving me wrong and that you have shit taste.
>>
i don't get hyped about games. i'm rarely disappointed by games either.
>>
>>333894813
Brink, after that I never got hyped again.
>>
MediEvil II, not only because it's an inferior sequel but I didn't get around to playing it until close to 15 years after I played the first game. On top of that, the first game is in my top 5. All that said, I don't HATE MediEvil II, it's just that under all these circumstances it registers to me as a disappointing game.
>>
>>333896416
Other M is just Super in 3D.
>>
>>333894813
Fire emblem conquest

I didn't follow the hype train religiously but I was excited for it. Played about 9 or 10 chapters and got bored.
>>
>>333896506

>Other M is just Super in 3D.

so now not only is your taste shit, but you're delusional as well.
>>
>>333894813
MGSV
>>
>>333895890

Not really since Fusion was just as distanced from the early games and Other M is in essence a worse Fusion. Only real difference is that Fusion/Other M have more immediate pretense of playing like a 2D game.
>>
I was pretty disappointed that Fallout 4 was just mediocre instead of bad. Part of me really wanted it to be the flop of the decade.

Instead, it turned out to be the game everyone knew it was going to be, with even less effort than usual. Why care enough to get angry? They didn't care.
>>
>>333894813
Guild Wars 2

F
>>
MGS V, nothing comes even close to how much it still hurts.
>>
>tfw you actually preordered the order 1886
kill me
>>
File: but why.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
but why.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>333896893
>>
>>333896813
I feel ya senpai. Now fallout is officially just another single player triple A piece of shit. Part of me was hoping they'd massively fuck it up and sell the franchise again or snatch up some former Interplay/Black Isle people (like they sorta did with NV) for the next game
>>
Metal Gear Solid 4
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.