[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artificial Difficulty: The Game Fuck this game. They make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: wasteland 2.jpg (103 KB, 699x473) Image search: [Google]
wasteland 2.jpg
103 KB, 699x473
Artificial Difficulty: The Game

Fuck this game. They make it so med kits are the only way to heal and once you buy all 5 med kits out of the stores, it takes a fucking eternity for them to restock. Shit game. Shit voice acting.
>>
>not having a team medic who can make them from parts
>not going to Ag Center first to get a medic if you didn't build one
>not knowing how to place your squad to avoid damage
>>
>>333893573

There's plenty of med kits to go around, Anon. I got through it on Ranger difficulty and my party was unoptimized as hell. You do have a dedicated medic, don't you?

You're spot on about the voice acting, though.
>>
>>333893870
>>not having a team medic who can make them from parts

How do you do that? I have a medic.
>>
>>333894104

Take a certain chemical mixture. I haven't played WL2 in several months so I can't exactly recall, but if you check the game wiki it should have it (I think alcohol is involved).

Beyond that, a medic can also use your existing medic packs more effectively, so that when you do get damaged a single small pack can do shitloads of healing.
>>
>>333894104

I'm pretty sure you can't. I don't know what >>333893870 is talking about.
>>
>>333894453
>Beyond that, a medic can also use your existing medic packs more effectively, so that when you do get damaged a single small pack can do shitloads of healing.

This is true, though. OP, put more ranks into First Aid. Each kit will go further.
>>
>>333893573
this game is literal pure shit, worst garbage I've played in a decade
>>
>>333893573
Translation: I can't read or think critically so I completely fucked my character builds and now the game is unwinnable because surprise surprise, retards and mongos make shitty rangers.
>>
>>333894453
The only crafting system in this game is stripping down weapons for parts to make other weapon parts.

>>333894517
Yeah, I'm just gonna continue wandering around the map in search of more med kits/vendors.
>>
How the hell do you even run out of medkits? That shit is fucking everywhere, I sold about 75% of all I found.
>>
>>333893573
Git gud anon. I was hoarding those things to the point I was considering dumping some of them in storage. And as far I remember, there wasn't a way to actually make proper med-kits though I think there may have been something about jury rigged versions.
>>
>>333894841
I have a medic with near maxed surgeon/field medic

>>333894950
because this game's idea of difficulty is spamming as many robots you can per sq. ft of each area, gradually draining your resources
>>
>>333895293
>because this game's idea of difficulty is spamming as many robots you can per sq. ft of each area, gradually draining your resources
You what? The only time something remotely like that happens is in the final mission, and you have enough troops with you to deal with them, and by then you'll also have an enormous stockpile of any consumable you could want.
>>
>>333895293
>because this game's idea of difficulty is spamming as many robots you can per sq. ft of each area, gradually draining your resources

Did you not take the Outdoorsman skill, Anon?

You are searching for supplies in each map, aren't you?
>>
>>333895708
>Did you not take the Outdoorsman skill, Anon?
Who needs to take it? Angela is there for that, and so is Sniper Wolf. And even if you took rose, she has more than enough skill points to max outdoorsman on top of like 5 other skills.
>>
>>333895912

The point is, SOMEONE should take it to keep from getting bogged down with random encounters. I can sort of see a new player running low on supplies if they keep running into those late-game random encounters with a gorillion tough enemies and not much cover.
>>
>>333896613

He probably had like 3 characters with less than 4 INT, making his party useless.
>>
>>333893573
>get a decent medic
>get 6-man party
>use basic cover and Xcom mechanics

There is no way you should not be figuratively swimming in medkits by even 40 hours in, I remember having to start SELLING or using them MORE frequently because my medic was carrying x20 of each size and shit was just getting too heavy to be reasonable.
>>
File: wasteland2DC.jpg (224 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
wasteland2DC.jpg
224 KB, 1360x768
Post builds!
>>
>>333894453
stop fucking around, there is no such thing as med crafting in wasteland 2. There's not even a crafting except modding of existing weapons.

Game was so mediocre even fallout 4 replaced it right after release.
>>
File: 1344864725946.png (9 KB, 150x162) Image search: [Google]
1344864725946.png
9 KB, 150x162
>>333898213
>that much luck
>so little awareness and speed
>bothering with a melee fighter
>that much charisma
>>
>>333899073

I didn't want to min-max TOO hard, Anonymous. It just sucks all the personality out of it for me.

>bothering with a melee fighter

That melee fighter was my MVP, nigga. She probably handed out more pain the rest of my team put together.
>>
>>333899307
Even so, a character with that awareness and speed must literally be completely useless in fights. Attacking once a century and only moving two steps.

And your medic also has crazy low awareness and speed. That's absolutely horrible. You know why your melee was MVP? Because she doesn't have fuckall speed and is tied for the highest Awareness in your group.
>>
Jesus how are people this bad I'm on my first play through on ranger and the game is honestly too easy I've got more ammo medkits and scrap than I know what to do with.
>>
File: 20160313043332_1.jpg (304 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160313043332_1.jpg
304 KB, 1680x1050
>>333898213
I'm shit
>>
>>333893573
It has many flaws, but being difficult is not one of them.
>>
>>333899931
>10 charisma

LOL
>>
>>333899690

The top-right one was not built for combat at all; pure skill monkey. Still ended up being surprisingly useful with explosives, or just armoured up to the nines and tanking hits.

The bladed fighter was just kind of mediocre, which I guess is just the price of investing with charisma and non-combat skills. Somehow, though, she got steadily better in the last quarter of the game. The fact that bladed weapons are fast as lightning made her very useful for targeted attacks.

My medic was just plain lousy. I blame some of that on shotguns, but you're right, she just wasn't built well. Fortunately, medics are always useful, so at least I never felt like she was useless.

Like I said, if I tweak everyone to the limit, it just stops being fun for me. I need characters with personality, man, and that includes flaws, or at least imperfections. I understand if this sounds odd.
>>
>>333900906
You don't have to tweak everyone, but the most important stat in battle is awareness. They're rangers, not random nobodies. They have to be useful in a fight. You must have had a lot of trouble with that setup outnumbered by mooks that had more turns than you.
>>
is it worth 20$ for dev cut on ps4
>>
>>333901829
And your medic most of all. A medic who has turns once every blue moon and can only move 2 steps? I can't imagine she was able to save people from dying if they were even a little far away.
>>
File: 1443392795378.png (398 KB, 399x606) Image search: [Google]
1443392795378.png
398 KB, 399x606
>>333893573
>yfw you get the Gamma ray blaster
>>
>>333899931
>That completely useless Aster

??????
>>
Wasteland 2 or Wasteland 2 DC?

Have they fixed the memory leaks/shadow issues with the DC?
>>
File: 132942885117.jpg (63 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
132942885117.jpg
63 KB, 554x439
>>333901938
>>333901829

I don't know what to tell you, except the enemies weren't running circles around me or anything. Even with a mediocre speed, you can move far enough to get to cover or provide first aid to whoever needs it, and very few enemies actually got more turns than me - generally, they were about even.

In retrospect, my blunt weapon user may have been even more effective than I'd realized. Since she *was* fast enough to almost always get the first turn, she would always be right up in the enemy's face when they got to act. This probably led them to fire on her (or just try to get some distance), and she was tough enough to take it.

I can't help but think you're overestimating the drawbacks of a middling AW or SP score.
>>
>>333902135

Nigga what? Piling all of your "quality of life" skills onto one ranger means that you can devote everyone else more for combat. Three badass rangers are more useful than four pretty decent rangers.
>>
>>333902643
>generally, they were about even.
But you're usually outnumbered. Meaning more turns than them is pretty important.

Though I suppose the game isn't that hard either way, but you've still got a very inefficient setup. .
>>
>>333902783
You have 2 characters with 10 int and 2 characters with 4 INT. That's enough to max about 20 skills. You can use 2 more squadmates on top of that. There is absolutely no need to make him an invalid.
>>
>>333899073
>not bothering with a high as fuck combat init bladed weapons guy

ur shit
>>
>>333904639
>Literally bringing a knife to a gunfight

lol.
>>
>>333902079
energy weapons are fucking horrid in DC
>>
>>333904778
It makes up for it pretty quick when the knife guy gets 70% crit chance, has shitloads of AP with a 2/attack weapon, and goes 3 times for every 1 time the guy with the gun does.
>>
SPACE THE TRI-TACHS

SECTOR WAR NOW
>>
>>333893573
>Get to the part with the two tribes, you're supposed to resolve their differences

fucking dropped. This shit gets incredibly tiring. do something new and create some original sense of player agency you fat fuck lazy shitters.
>>
>>333904031

Not my characters. I didn't notice there was another character with 10 INT and three skills. You're right, that's not really necessary.
>>
>>333905749
Literally type "both" when you need to make a decision of whether or not to kill the other tribe and it'll solve itself
>>
>>333902267

Neither
>>
>>333905037
Not as much as a guy with a gun with 90% headshot accuracy, who fires 3 times per turn, does more damage in general and also goes 3 times every time the enemy does once.
>>
Is this good on the ps4?
>>
>>333907453
Why the fuck would you pay a TBS game on a console?
>>
>>333907754
What's the appeal of a TBS game?
>>
>>333907949

Crushing foes with superior strategy.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.