[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>World of Warcraft launch date: November 23, 2004 >Patch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: wow32.jpg (136 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
wow32.jpg
136 KB, 800x539
>World of Warcraft launch date: November 23, 2004
>Patch 3.2.0 live date: August 4, 2009
>Current date: April 10, 2016

Daily reminder that World of Warcraft has been a bad game for a longer period of time than it was a good one.
>>
File: Best mascot ever.jpg (21 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
Best mascot ever.jpg
21 KB, 460x460
>>333891674
>YFW you beat Ulduar and quit the game exactly when it peaked
>>
>Wc3roc - spoiled prince tries to help his homeland and becomes as corrupt as those destroying it
>wc3tft - spoiled king decides to take over the whole land because he can
>wow - big beautiful world torn by war, under the looming threat of the kings top minion lich
>tbc - demons have come to end the world
>wolk - spoiled king put down, ending the looming threat to humanity

Arthas is to Warcraft as darth Vader is to star wars. The whole series is based on their rise, corruption, and fall, with hopes of redemption or revenge.
>>
>>333893938
>Whole series
>Starting from 3
>>
I actually liked TOC
>>
>>333891674
yeah it's been a bad game for 12 years
>>
The series needs to get back to basics (war, it's in the name) and focus on the key legends.

Illidan would be a good one but it's hard taking him so seriously when Arthas beat him easily in wc3tft.

I wish we could see the rise and fall of medivh
>>
>>333894052
Worst tier sets.
>>
>>333894036
Tell me how wc3 doesn't influence wow? Are there not two whole wow games dedicated to Arthas and kelthuzad? Are the blood elves not ravaged from scourge forces in the wc3 events?

You're an idiot, uninstall and go away.
>>
File: avh.jpg (16 KB, 420x329) Image search: [Google]
avh.jpg
16 KB, 420x329
>>333894305
I was really hoping a new Alliance-Horde War would actually go somewhere instead of going, uh, nowhere

Wrath
>Alliance-Horde War starts
>Undercity Invasion (neat)
>Gunship battle
>Not much else at all. Everyone still works together to take down Arthas

Cata
>Horde and Alliance skirmish a bit in Twilight Highlands
>most of the actual 'war' stuff is just in the revamped 1-60 leveling

Mists
>A bit of a Horde vs. Alliance plotline in Jade Forest
>setup to a Horde vs. Alliance plotline in early Kun-Lai that goes nowhere and vanishes
>Landfall, total fucking disappointment, despite being heralded as a return to world PVP, almost all the quests are PVE so enemy players mostly ignore one another and do their dailies
>Siege of Orgrimmar, 'Horde' teaming up with Alliance yet-a-fucking-gain to invade their own capital, Orgrimmar is totally unscathed, Garrosh escapes
>Vol'jin becomes Warchief due to braindead fanboy demand and ends War immediately because he's an overrated beta cuck

I'll never not be mad. The 'Alliance-Horde War' would have been the PERFECT chance to bring world PVP back as a key component of the game and they absolutely fucked it up. Now the Alliance and Horde are teaming up, again (with these Class Halls or whatever they may as well just be one big faction) and now there's some big evil Void thing that apparently the Horde and Alliance will have to team up with, get this, the FUCKING BURNING LEGION to defeat. The 'War' will never come back to World of Warcraft because
>we already 'put the WAR back in Warcraft' did you miss it or something? :^) t. Blizzard
>>
>>333894474
Mate, you can't describe the whole series and literally leave out WC1 and WC2.
>>
>>333895818
Goddamn. Blizzard has squandered so much potential... well actually there isn't anywhere to go with this statement, there's nothing in the world that can be compared to Blizzard in terms of wasted potential.
>>
>>333895818
It's because world pvp never does well. People who want to pvp at roughly equal brackets/teams do so in battlegrounds. Most people who want "world pvp" actually just want to be able to kill other players without any chance of them dying. Either ganking, or rolling around as a squad killing single/pair players.
>>
>>333897018
>he never invaded Ironforge
>he never invaded Orgrimmar
>he never got ganked and called for backup, and had the guy who ganked him call for backup, until there were dozens of guys hurling spells and jumping around all over the place
>he never started shit with enemy players during a PVE holiday event and had it turn into a bloodbath
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>333897251
I've played every expac since classic, I've done those. People like to tout like they happened nonstop, but outside of a few places (tarren mill for example) it didn't happen much. There wasn't reason to. There wasn't really much reason to stop an city attack. Sure, some people did, but most of the time the NPCs like saurfang were more effective at stopping an attack than the players were. Bringing in backup to a gank rarely ended up in zone wars because gankers weren't looking for a fight, so most of the time they peaced out as soon as someone their level showed up.

The event ones sure, but that still happens when people are fighting over spawns and shit and it just escalates.

I understand, I really do. The idea of world pvp is great, and it's very easy to romanticize the past and such. But most of what "world pvpers" is a distinct or unbeatable advantage, and if they dont have it, they go somewhere where they do.
>>
i will continue to play wow even though its bad and there isnt a thing you can do about it
>>
>>333898119
I can pity you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.