[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Vegas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: fallout_new_vegas-wide.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
fallout_new_vegas-wide.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Holy shit this game is so BORING

Every convesation i have with an NPC lasts forever, it also takes forever to go anywhere, even with fast travel, i had to put mods in because the world looks so fucking boring and empty (It's wasteland i know but it's also a videogame), the combat is slow as fuck aswell

Some people say "well once you spent 200 hours in the game it's going to get fun then", well fuck that if there is anything positive i can say about FO4 is that the game NEVER bored me, there is allways a mission to do, a house to clear or something to do in FO4. In NV i have long periods of time where i'm bored until i find something to do

New Vegas is NOT a bad game, it has good writing and, good world building and top tier RPG elements for what i've seen, but it's the same as Oblivion: I don't care about any of that if the videogame is not fun to play

Say what you will about games like Skyrim and FO4, they are casualized garbage, but at least i don't get bored with said casualized garbage, i can just pick up a rifle or bow and have fun in a matter of minutes

I played for 15 hours and i still feel like i didn't accomplish shit, 15 hours in FO4 felt like 1 hour with all the action that was going on
>>
File: 1445371762706.jpg (115 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
1445371762706.jpg
115 KB, 434x434
>>333889546
>(You)
>>
File: Chosen_one_bait.png (40 KB, 380x378) Image search: [Google]
Chosen_one_bait.png
40 KB, 380x378
>>333889546
>>
File: 1453270621727.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453270621727.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333889546
>>
File: 1437200332834.jpg (22 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1437200332834.jpg
22 KB, 627x626
if you are gonna bait please be genuine and autistic
>>
>>333890289
>>333890147
>>333889838
>>333889762

>baitfags thinking they are smart yet they come and bait themselves
>>
I'm sure this is bait, but I agree entirely anyway.

The only fun thing to do in the game was get that golf club whatever it was called and go around killing all the important characters with it.

The world was boring, the fights were boring, the characters were boring. The unique golf club is the only memorable part of the game.
>>
>>333889546
After a 500 post thread on New Vegas, you come here with this meme tier bait and expect replies.

Yes I replied, fuck you.
>>
>>333889546
The fun element is misplaced.
In an RPG, the element of fun shouldn't be extruded from the combat. It's from the dialogue, the characters, the world building etc

You obviously don't enjoy RPGs, and that's okay. People get enjoyment from different things, but if you came into an RPG with the mindset "oh boy can't wait to kill things", then sorry but the genre isn't for you.
>>
>>333889546

Still better writing than Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.
>>
>>333891107
OP here, one of my favorite series is Dragon Age and i don't remember the game ever boring me with conversations because the characters could move and their faces were expressive

I like the RPG genre but i think they clearly overdid it here
>>
>>333891294
Lol wut? Origins was boring as shit.
>>
File: thats_bait.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
thats_bait.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>333889546
>>
>>333891294
>Dragon Age
>RPG
Well then that's your fault for starting off we really shit "RPGs". How autistic do you have to be when you can't interact with characters in a meaningful way, all because they aren't blinking or flapping their mouths?
>>
>>333891107
That's simply false.
If you are going to play an RPG, you want to be able to have some fun with the character you are creating. Gameplay might not be the only important aspect, but you can fuck right off if you think it can be ignored.
I didn't build the most powerful sorcerer to ever walk the land just for him to talk to random NPC's and never actually blow some shit up.
>>
>>333891697
I said it was misplaced. Problem with most RPGs today is that the gameplay has outweighed the importance of the writing. Yes it need to be there, but honestly if you want to go around blowing shit up, there an a tonne of games outthere which let you do that, without bogging you down with dialogue.

Strangely, games which should have heavy gameplay focus, like FPS, have become increasingly become cinematic cutscene simulators, which is just as heinous as what's happened to RPGs. I play an FPS to shoot shit. I don't care about my characters relationship with estranged father.
>>
>>333889546
>Bethesda fan boy tries an actual RPG
>>
>>333892076
I agree. I wish NV development values were put in FO4's weak and small story and not make up an entire world that will take multiple playthroughs to fully explore
>>
>>333892168
>Bethesda fan boy tries an actual RPG
Have you ever played FO1 and 2? Those were heavy on the RPG genre and they never bored me as hard as NV did
>>
>>333892398
In honestly didn't have much going for it the story department. Boston is too boring a setting quite frankly to really get anything out of it, and the continuation of the "story" of Fallout 3 didn't do it any favors.

How they resolved the whole "Brotherhood are good guys now" scenario honestly makes my blood boil.
>>
>>333892489
Just a query, did you enjoy Fallout 3? I know you mentioned Oblivion in your little rant, but I'm curious as to your opinion.
>>
>>333892959
Yes, but i only played through it once and that one playthrough felt great, it was weird to experience FO3 since i just finished playing FO1 at that time

I'm pretty sure i'll still have fun if i pick it up again

>>333892814
Oh don't get me wrong, the story is not good in FO4 that's why i wish they would've have had NV tier of development values in the story of FO4, as simple as it was we could've fleshed out the faction game a little bit more
>>
>>333893301
Then I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about, and it's dawned on me that you might be just fishing for replies by posting bait.

You don't like New Vegas because it has clunky, slow gameplay, yet it's gameplay is superior to that of Fallout 3 what with iron sights, weapon mods, more weapon variety, legendaries and non leveled npcs/creatures. Yet you enjoyed Fallout 3 for some bizarre reason.
>>
>>333893850
Yes, but i played FO3 when it came out in 2009 (2 years before NV i think), and even with its obvious flaws it didn't bore me it's no surprise that NV expanded and improved on some things FO3 and 2 established

Personally the worst a game can be is boring and NV while being a good game it is also a really boring one at the same time and it's such a shame to say that because this game has high-end development values

But a game that requires so many hours and multiple playthroughs to fully explore just screams "bad design" in my ears
>>
>>333889546
Different games for different people. I get bored of mindlessly shooting stuff all the time, and if I wanted to do that I would play a better fps than fallout 4.
>>
NV's worst offense is that your character knows EVERYTHING to ask a person they never met before.

How anyone can be immersed with this game is beyond me
>>
File: 1256174616563.gif (989 KB, 220x145) Image search: [Google]
1256174616563.gif
989 KB, 220x145
>>333889546
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/492379439680174355/
>>
>>333896929
how is the X-01 power armor found in Pre-War locations in Boston when it was built by the Enclave at the Oil Rig in 2200?
>>
>>333896596
>your character knows EVERYTHING to ask a person they never met before.
What do you even mean? He usually ask normal questions like "who are you?" and "what do you do here?" if it's an ncr soldier he ask things like "what do you think of the ncr?" or "what do you think of the legion?" You also usually have to know certain information before the option to ask something related to it comes up. But most of the time it's just simple straightforward questions related to the events happening in the game.
>>
>>333889546
gr8 b8 m8
>>
if you don't like talking to people and doing non-violent portions of quests then it is definitely not the game for you, any game on a Bethesda framework plays like garbage. NV is good despite its gameplay, not because of it
>>
>>333889546
You seem like an underage kid with adhd. From what you said It seems that if there's not enough awesome action all the time and you're not seeing big explosions and flashy lights going fast then you get bored and impatient. You also probably have ocd and like the "shoot and loot" style of bethesda games and that's why you find its horrific fps mechanics fun, you probably loot everything that isn't nailed to the ground to satisfy your compulsive obsession. Like >>333891107 said you shouldn't play RPGs. Stick to something fast and mindless.
>>
>>333899942
>le good ole if you don't like it you just don't get it
>let's call you an underage too while we are at it because being over 21 means you are automaticly mature
really, you can have multiple playthroughs and never fully complete the game, there is such a thing as too much content and this game goes way overboard considering there is only 1 playstyle in this game

a lot of games nowadays get criticized because they have a lot of moments where the player is interrupted by something and NV is full of those moments in form of long ass NPC interactions and long-ass times where you are walking from A to B just to resume the game

everyone who gets shilled by a negative opinion about the game says the same thing "well if you don't like RPGs then you shoudn't try it" since when games can have a good mix of RPG elements and gameplay? the way you say it is like i have to choose between one or the other

NV's RPG elements are good the problem is the gameplay being attached to it that is weak
>>
>>333900876
To be honest, I pretty much disagree with everything you said. All I can say is that if you don't like NV just don't play it. As simple as that.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.