[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Can we agree that Final Fantasy XI and XIV shouldn't have been numbered titles? I'm not saying they're bad games I just don't think they should have been numbered mainline games. They should have been called something like Final Fantasy Online and Final Fantasy Online 2.
>>
I already treat them that way so yeah I would agree.
>>
No, because there's no set formula for an FF game and it'd be stupid to exclude them accordingky.

The only criteria is Square deciding if a new FF game is mainline or not.
>>
It's not a huge deal one way or another but I always thought calling it Final Fantasy Online and now Final Fantasy Online 2 and A Realm Reborn/Heavensward: Final Fantasy Online 2 would sound better. But there is a sense of prestige in being a main numbered title
>>
>>333888574
Why not? FF14 has a better story than the rest of the games.
>>
>>333890072
>implying

FFXII and XI are easily better in that regard.
>>
>>333890193
>FF12
>that joke political system
>FF11
It doesn't even have a proper story.
>>
>>333890258
Vanilla maybe, but many of the expansions have great stories.
>>
>>333890972
>>333890258

FFXI's story was shit

>hurr durr zilart
>hurr durr promathia
>hurr durr sand niggers
>>
>>333889193
>But there is a sense of prestige in being a main numbered title
I don't think they deserve being numbered titles. Especially since they have a limited longevity due to being mmos.
>>
>>333890193
Everything about 12 was shit besides Fran and Penelo.
>>
>>333889193
I feel that they would have been more accepted if they weren't numbered titles.

A lot of people hold the opinion of "Why is the MMO trash a main game" and I feel they if they were just called FF Online 1 and 2 they opinion would be "Oh neat a Final Fantasy MMO."
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.