[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Twitch and E-Sports ruined vidya? I can't think of anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: twitch_logo3.jpg (13 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
twitch_logo3.jpg
13 KB, 262x200
Has Twitch and E-Sports ruined vidya? I can't think of anything more autistic than not only watching other people play vidya, but chatting to people who play vidya and then paying them for it.
>>
only if you watch the wrong e-sports
fighting games are still as great as they ever were with the exception of evo
>>
>>333883705
Too bad all modern fighting games suck
>>
>>333883982
stop changing the topic we're talking about streams and e-sport
>>
>>333883440
Explain to me how is watching pros play games is different than watching regular sports

To donate to them IS retarded though
>>
>>333884091
Because video games are incredibly simple compared to regular sports.
>>
>>333883440
Casuals ruined video games way before, twitch faggotry is just the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>333884631
Depends on the game and the sport. Starcraft is more complex than any physical sport.
>>
>>333884631
If competitive video games were so simple any idiot could get Daigo Uehara levels of good, and that's simply not true.
And even if that were true we could disregard simpler Sports like Volleyball or baseball for being simpler than basketball or football
>>
I donate regularly because my favourite streamers deserve to be compensated for their time.
They're providing a service, payment is optional.
They're the equivalent to street buskers.

Plus I get my name and message on the screen and the streamer personally thanks me (=^-^=).
>>
yes, because now everyone who plays video games wants to be the next pewdiepie or whoever with their dumbass videos

i dont understand why anyone would want to watch someone play a game instead of playing it themselves
>>
>>333885072
>>333885085
Your body and the physics involved give it infinitely more depth. There's so many more factors involved in comparison.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 625x626
>>333885163
>>
>>333885085
To be good at regular sports, you must be both fit and smart.
>>
From looking at /d2g/ , /sc2g/, and /lolg/, e-sports and streams seem to cause autism.
>>
File: dosia.jpg (3 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
dosia.jpg
3 MB, 5616x3744
Who is your favorite e-sports player, /v/?
>>
>>333885264
well, I watch speedrunners because they're good at what they do

no idea why people would want to watch someone fumble around, not knowing what to do for hours on end
it's a form of torture
>>
Meh, I'll throw on a stream every now and then when I'm bored, I don't think anything's wrong with that

Being an autist and donating/watching every single stream is pretty dumb though
>>
>>333885512
That's not a rebuttal
try harder
>>
>>333883440
There are two things that really bother me about eSports and Twitch:

>eSports
The success of eSports in different genres - RTS, MOBAs, fighting games - has led developers and publishers to obsessively pursue to fabled "eSports audience". Certain genres have always been built for competitive play, but modern eSports is about trying to build a self-sustaining machine of a game that can't be beaten.
I'm tired of the stripped-down, eSports aesthetic of modern releases like SFV and Battlefront.

eSports-esque games - whether they're MOBAs or FPSs - are literally the World War II shooters of this current generation of games.

>Twitch
Streamers are fucking sub-humans, yes, but the only shitty thing about streaming is that many games are released early to successful streamers. Streamers are a tool for marketing departments, and it sucks to see a game weeks or even months before it's officially out, just one more issue with the Internet and information saturation.
Dark Souls III is a good example of a game that shouldn't have been given out fucking weeks in advance of release.
>>
It has certainly ruined Paradox Interactive.
>>
>>333885990
given out to complete retards who never pay attention to the game and never shut up
or people with ample cleavage

neither are deserving and it's frankly pathetic
>>
>tfw no e-sports of SS13 or Dominions
>>
>>333885853

thats cool it still makes you a faggot that you would rather watch someone play a game fast instead of doing it for yourself, wowie, what a time to be alive.
>>
File: 1392759576887.gif (3 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1392759576887.gif
3 MB, 420x315
>>333884091
It isn't any different. Watching people play sports alone in your room is also fucking autistic.
>>
>>333886118
How? Didn't think they had anything to do with Twitch.
>>
File: 1430779790874.png (113 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1430779790874.png
113 KB, 1024x776
>>333885532
>football players
>smart

Good shit.
>>
>>333883440
What exactly are you rebelling against here? You're mad your nerd hobby is getting too popular? It's okay, no one's forcing you to come out of your basement, you can still live and die down there while the world moves on without you.
>>
>>333886186
can't tell if you're serious or not
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Speedrunning is community based. Sharing strats (strategies), guides, tips, routes and such is integral to improving. Of course people will watch other's videos to learn how to improve their own.
>>
>>333886186
"How can people like thing? I don't like thing! Clearly everyone who likes thing is wrong! This is the internet and only my opinions matter!"

You're a child. Grow up.
>>
>>333886151
Frankly, it's nothing new. Journalism outlets were once the ones who got early access / previews. It's just that as soon as they stopped being useful and streamers filled that role instead, publishers switched over.
>>
>>333886579
You've never seen the Internationale Philosophie?
>>
>>333887107
There is literally nothing more childish than a pseudo-adult that tells other people to "grow up" online
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.