[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What series would you like to see adapted into telltale games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: image.png (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 400x400
What series would you like to see adapted into telltale games ?
> original hellboubd heart
>redwall (won't happen, author took rights to his grave , but it's still cool)
> some of the better star wars EU stories
>>
I just want fables season 2 the narisa shit at the end has me interested but knowing them they will fuck it up
>>
I want walking dead season 3
>>
File: 1459036429798.png (326 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459036429798.png
326 KB, 500x500
What the point when nothing compares to Sam and Max S1&2?

S3 onwards and anything that followed is awful as it's not point and click but "watch and think you matter" "games".

And of course that kind of game gets them GOTYs.

They are dead to me and should go out of business.

Yes I'm fucking mad
>>
File: sadthree.jpg (59 KB, 699x519) Image search: [Google]
sadthree.jpg
59 KB, 699x519
fucking none

i want them to go back to making proper point n clicks

fuck this "choices matter except they don't" linear garbage
>>
set in the Harry Potter world could be cool
>>
>>333874390
We all know how it's going to be anon.

>The "intended" ending is going with Kenny to Wellington and leaving Kenny so you and AJ can go inside

>People who left with Kenny will have Kenny die and then they'll go back to Wellington
>People that went with Jane will have her and Clem fight the new-coming family and end up with everyone except Clem dead - Clem will then go to Wellington
>People with Clem and AJ alone will end up with them crossing the walker field and going to Wellington

And the game will be the same old boring poorly written piece of shit where your choices don't matter
>>
>>333874390
I support this and TWAU S2, TFBL S2 and i kinda liked GOT too
Just fuck it continue everything
>>
Superman
>>
>>333873918
>modern telltale
>>
>>333875119
Yeah i do realize that, the endings in S2 was just too far apart to be able to continue.

I still want it though, honestly.
>>
File: 1233458674535.jpg (19 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1233458674535.jpg
19 KB, 429x399
>>333873918
I want to see a World of Warcraft series.

Not because I would buy it, fuck no, I just want to laugh at how terrible it will be.

Then I can laugh at people dumb enough to buy it.
>>
>>333875859
Not that anon, but I know how you feel. On one hand I just feel too invested in my characters that part of me wants to continue their adventure.
On the other hand, I don't want TT to further fuck them fuck and 'for reals this time' kill off boatman and leave Clem in the hands of other incapable people.
>>
>>333874954
I can't wait to be given the choice of the four houses from the sorting hat.

Only for it to arbitrarily force me into Gryffindor.
>>
>>333875976
But will Metzen write it ?
The dialogue options would be glorious
>X - Corrupt
>B - Retcon
>A - Dindu Nuffin
>O - Revive Dead Character
>>
>>333873918

>won't happen, author took rights to his grave

So what does that mean? Wouldn't his children have the rights, then?
>>
>>333873918
none
id rather have an actual game made of it instead of a poorly optimised interactive cutscene
>>
>>333876043
True, the boatsman would get killed and it would be canon.
I feel the same i guess, would probably pain me to much to play a S3.

It seriously disgusts me that people actually went with Jane though to switch out the subject quickly because this pisses me off.

Kenny lost his son and wife and gave everything to save Clem and then AJ, and when he thought Jane killed AJ obviously he reacted to it, Janefags are the plague.
>>
File: 1459534291897.gif (858 KB, 506x565) Image search: [Google]
1459534291897.gif
858 KB, 506x565
>>333874696
>S3 not point and click.
I just marathoned all the seasons and that's a dam lie. It might not have involved rubbing every item against everything and replayed some of the items with rubbing psychic powers against everything. But it was still point and click. I also enjoyed some of the situations from the powers as well. Especially all the stuff Max did with ventriloquism. From a comedy standpoint I think it was great.
Just that they through in too much tragedy and drama, especially right at the end. Killing Sal, that was a low blow TT, Sal deserves better.
>>
>What series would you like Telltale to make a shitty $60 walking sim about
>>
>>333876824
I know anon, I agree. We've had a couple of these discussions the past few days and while I don't mind them I wouldn't want to derail the thread for the rest of the posters.
I would welcome a S3 that was directly linked to S2 if competent writers were behind it, which could be said about anything though. If they had just left S2 where it was, that would have been fine with me, but since they had already confirmed S3 I know the happy ending I got is just going to be ruined immediately.
>>
>>333873918
the apprentice
>>
KENY DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>333873918
Quake 3 Arena.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 245x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 245x309
>>333873918
Star Trek
I can't believe no-one has approached TT to make a ST game. It's litterally perfect for their formula.
>>
>>333873918
Homestuck
>>
>>333877180
Season 3 was really bad. Moving around was a pain in the ass because the game was clearly designed to be played with a controller; a fucking point and click game designed around a controller. The powers were bullshit because now instead of having unique solutions to every puzzle, it's "use these same powers over and over again" for the entire length of the season.

Credit where it's due, though, at least it's nowhere near as bad as Tales of Monkey Island was. Goddamn, what a fucking turd that game was.
>>
>>333878223
Not even a star trek fan but this would be a great idea, even fits in with what they can do with their engine for the most part.
>>
>>333873918
Is what you're describing as a telltale game what SCUMM and other point and click games got streamlined into?
>>
File: 1440969438275.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1440969438275.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>333877826
>he didn't get the telltale collection for like $30
>>
WWE.
Brock Lesnar will remember this.
>>
I want Telltale stop making these shitty excuses for point-and-clicks for good.
They have been shit for a long time but somehow they just keep getting more popular thanks to people with no taste.
>>
>>333878821
Tales from the Borderlands was fucking great faggot
>>
>>333873918
tetris
>>
"games"
>>
File: 1397669723771.jpg (141 KB, 620x1153) Image search: [Google]
1397669723771.jpg
141 KB, 620x1153
Armello could be nice. I like the designs, and the game is good even though there isn't really much actual story there.
>>
File: large.jpg (114 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
114 KB, 500x398
I've thought about this shit way too much.

Comics
>Saga
>The Wolf Among Us Season 2 (or even just another Fables based one about Cinderella)
>The Runaways (so long as it takes place after Vol. 1 but before the start of Vol. 2)

Games
>Tales from the Borderlands Season 2
>Ratchet and Clank, pre-Future Trilogy
>Mass Effect, pre-ME1.
>ANOTHER FUCKING SAM AND MAX GAME, IT'S BEEN YEARS YOU FUCKS

Books
>Discworld, focusing on either The Watch or Rincewind preferably. A Moist von Lipwig game would be neat too though.
>Sherlock Holmes
>They'd probably fuck up the tone but I'd love to see them try a game set in the same universe as American Gods

TV/Film
>Star Wars
>Star Trek
>>
buffy tt game when
>>
>>333877907
So it was confirmed? I cant wait, i know i will be disappointed but still.
>>
>>333879383
Yeah anon, right now they are releasing the Michonne miniseries, the second episode was this month and the last/3rd one is next month, then S3 will be here this year.
>>
Sam and Max season 4 if they're willing to make actual point n click puzzles again.

Team Fortress 2 would make a great visual novel.
>>
>>333873918
Weird Tales.
>5 spooky pulpy lovecraft horror episodes
>generally unrelated but connected through characters/monsters/objects
>choices are easier to adapt because they would just appear as cameos/references in later episodes
>>
>>333873918
Something from the World of Darkness could be interesting
>>
I was thinking about it few days ago. Just think about it. It would be fucking DECENT.
>>
Every decision you make is inherently awful and you will probably ruin someones life.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.