[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most autistic, tedious, mind-numbing achievement/weapon/character/item
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: black market mogul.png (1 MB, 1138x640) Image search: [Google]
black market mogul.png
1 MB, 1138x640
What's the most autistic, tedious, mind-numbing achievement/weapon/character/item you grinded for in a game?

pic related
>>
File: 6546434.png (34 KB, 519x90) Image search: [Google]
6546434.png
34 KB, 519x90
still grinding
>>
some of the shit in dark souls 2 for platinum, like grinding that predator armor faggot for fifty thousand years to get all his set
>>
>>333865746
>only 5,000 hours
I though EVE wasn't a casual friendly game.
>>
>>333865487

Working on this one myself. About 15% there and have played the game for a good 450-500 hours now. Granted, it hasn't been my focus and I dread the monster trophy ones.
>>
conqueror title on WoW, only took the better part of a decade
>>
File: TrumpeterP4.jpg (484 KB, 1744x2480) Image search: [Google]
TrumpeterP4.jpg
484 KB, 1744x2480
Getting all the Fiends in Shin Megami Tensei IV
I tried for a week and never got a single one
>>
File: 1459557027096.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459557027096.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>333865487
Almost every mgsv achievment
>>
I completed SSB64's arcade mode with every character with at least 1,000,000 points each (which makes the announcer say "incredible" instead of "congratulations"), because for some reason I thought it would unlock a secret character. It was a big waste of time and a big pain in the ass because I'm pretty No Damage Clear on very hard was your best bet at doing it, but oh well I had fun.
>>
inb4 pure bladestone
>>
>>333866921
piss off homo they were all easier than your mum
>>
>>333866620
Those were fun times.
>watch Monk
>farm for fiends to the point it's just muscle memory so that I can focus on the show
>40 minutes past
>Dangerous enemy ahead, do you want to go on?
>Monk gets put in a sanitary zone so that he can concentrate on the case
Feels good
>>
File: 1357404760415.jpg (60 KB, 499x541) Image search: [Google]
1357404760415.jpg
60 KB, 499x541
Tales of Maj'Eyal as a whole.
>>
>>333867384
and boring as fuck
>>
File: distract.png (67 KB, 227x268) Image search: [Google]
distract.png
67 KB, 227x268
probably vanilla nefarian. In fact vanilla Molten Core and BWL in general.

That or first level 60 on a new server. I slept like 3 hours a night and lived off of pizza for a week.

God WoW was fucking shit.

I ignore achievements mostly nowadays because i'd rather play a different game than suck the fun out of a good game for the sake of a checkmark in my profile that nobody cares about.
>>
>>333867729
the animal ones were boring as fuck the rest were fine, those side missions weren't great but i enjoyed the gameplay enough to get me through them
>>
>>333868018
I don't recall that. How did you get it?

Also, I remember there was like some 'team based' minigame of sorts added to adventure quest shortly before i stopped playing. There were like 8 teams, one for each element, and you competed to see which team had the most gold or enemy kills or something and got prizes. Do you remember that or what it was called? googling it brings up nothing, probably because my only descriptions of it are so vague.
>>
File: Nightmare-Set.jpg (17 KB, 181x265) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare-Set.jpg
17 KB, 181x265
Probably the nightmare set from adventure quest way back in the day.

It took me 10 hours of farming everyday for a month to get it.

I went back to this game 8 years later to play for nostalgia and I find there is a PAY 2 WIN item in their shop that grants you an insane amount of gold. You can get that nightmare set now if you have like 20 dollars.
>>
>>333868214
http://adventurequest.wikia.com/wiki/Paxia

nevermind i found it
>>
File: 1456660583593.png (252 KB, 428x430) Image search: [Google]
1456660583593.png
252 KB, 428x430
I've completed the national Pokedex in every Pokemon generation and every remake generation.
>>
>>333868349

It takes like 20 minutes to draw that piece of shit.
>>
Duelist's chapeau (otherwise known as RDM AF2) in FFXI. Because it was a highly coveted super rare item that only dropped an area with a lockout timer of about 3 days and that you could only do with a very large group (20 people would have been considered a skeleton crew and going in with close to the max number (64? I fucking forgot) was not unheard of) Moreover you didn't do this particular zone every time you weren't on lockout but rather more like 1 out of every 6 - 10 times. It took me several years.

Runner up is probably the Arathi Basin exalted reputation tabard for the Defilers faction in WoW.
>>
>>333867495
Bought it (on steam, I know it's free, whatever), never got into it. Sometimes I feel like trying again. The movement is really jarring though.
>>
>>333868214
>>333868483
Yeah I was in that paxia thing as well.
As for the nightmare set, after looking it up I think it was in a shop in frostvale. I went to go check the shop now and I don't see it in there anymore though so it must not be something you can get anymore.
>>
>>333865487

I got the Sword of Kings in Earthbound.

The only upside is it made the rest of the game a breeze.
>>
>>333867302
fucking this

only about 2hrs for me
>>
>>333868763

I haven't played Pokemon since I was a kid, but I thought this was only possible via online trading and events now. Can you still fully compete a Pokedex?

I had red as a kid and my brother had blue, so we could do it then but now I don't know any other gamers and I see shit like "this pokemon only evolves if you trade it then trade it back" or some shit and it just puts me off
>>
>>333865487

Most of the weapons from Exotic Quests in Destiny. Never in my life have I played a video game that made me want to stop playing it altogether because of a quest or two this bad; This is not how you compensate for a lack of content.

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Jolly_Holliday
http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/A_Sword_Reforged
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Dark
http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Imprecation
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.