[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Water Levels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: water-temple.jpg (15 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
water-temple.jpg
15 KB, 600x300
What are some good water levels in games?

Normally, the water levels in games are that one part you never want to play again. Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Crash, Kingdom Hearts II, Earthworm Jim, Skies of Arcadia and a lot more are all guilty this.

What are some games that do water levels right and actually make them fun?

Pic not related (though it's not nearly the worst water level, it's mainly just boring)

Hard Mode: No games whose main setting is underwater (Starfy, Ecco, etc.)
>>
I loved the water levels in tropical freeze
>>
>>333864876
Spyro 2 had aquaria towers, which was pretty nice once you filled it up again

wet-dry world was great as well
>>
>>333865015
worst part of an otherwise flawless game
>>
>>333864876

Ocean lab in Deus Ex. Has a good Abyss feeling
>>
>>333865047

Spyro 2 also had aquaria towers, which sucked once you filled them up

Wet-dry was OK at best
>>
>>333865149
Disagree, I felt the game was solid all the way through, including the water levels. I think that secret level with the coloured chests was a bit tedious, but I still enjoyed it.
>>
File: 111.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
whale bay from rayman 2
>>
>>333865015

I loved it when Sonic went flying up into the blue Abyss in Sonic 2006 , doesn't mean that boss fight was any good.

DK water levels have only ever been tolerable at best, and TF isn't much different.
>>
Hyrdocity Zone
>>
>>333865973

>that awful fucking chime that plays for 1/2 the level

No thanks bro
>>
>>333865969
What was bad about the water levels in DKTF?
>>
>>333867607

They weren't awful, they just weren't good.

Meh design, extremely slow, characters weren't as responsive, a few nonsensical secrets, etc.

I wouldn't put them anywhere near the worst water levels ever, but I wouldn't call them good. They were easily the worst part of the game.
>>
>>333868094
I agree about the secrets but nothing else. Thought they controlled great - also loved the music
>>
>>333864876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRo2ssmfAHk

playing Galaxy 2 for the first time on dolphin, this level is awesome
>>
>>333864876
But water levels in Mario games are generally good nowadays.

2D Mario has okay water levels

In the 3D games, the controls have been perfected to the point where they feel okay, SMG and onward. Swimming's not really an issue.

Skyward Sword had a couple of dungeons iirc that were partially water dungeons, like the Ancient Cistern, that were great actually.

Metroid Prime 1 had some areas of Phendrana Drifts where you went underwater that were fine. Sunken Frigate was okay as well.

Mega Man 9's Splash Woman level wasn't that bad compared to the rest of the game and it was great because you could jump so high.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.