[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck I cannot wrap my head around this game. I was just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
Holy fuck I cannot wrap my head around this game. I was just in a fight where I died because my heal spell was X'd out no matter how hard I switched weapons or waited.

I have no idea why it happened at all. This game bewilders me so hard. How do I get comprehension?
>>
i bet you don't know you can upgrade arts and skills
>>
You might not have had enough TP (tension points) to use the move. You just gain TP by auto attacking an enemy.
>>
>>333863521
Read the fucking (electronic) manual.

Answers a lot of shit about the ui and icons.
Most likely were silenced or something.
>>
>>333863521
Just grind and farm.
Grind and farm.
>>
>>333863740
I literally just learned you can do this with points. I had no idea what to do so I just leveled up each one I had

>>333863826
See I don't even know this

>>333863834
Yeah I should do this I guess. I read it over once before but I guess none of it stuck. Wish there was an actual manual so I don't have to wait minutes to cross reference what I see on screen.
>>
>>333863826
Didn't the game explain TP and TP skills in-game?
Can't remember anymore. In-game tutorials sucked but it did mention some of the bigger things i thought.

>>333864119
I wound up having to read it like 4 times, and still had to regularly cross reference debuff icons even 30 hours into the game. There's so much information in it I think it's best just to read each section as a new mechanic comes up. Read it all at once and you'll forget 90% of it by the time the information is relevant.

Starting to use probes? Read that section. Boss fight too hard? Read about debuffs and arts/soul commands. Need specific shit for crafting? Read about appendages.

I wish it was in paper form too just because of how important the thing is. But it is nice to have the hyperlink jumps between pages and topics too in-text I guess.
>>
>>333864510
Yeah. I just finished the probe mission. I just became one of those hunter guys or whatever they are called.

They throw so much shit at you so fast. Fuck. I just chose the first option when they asked me to specialize.
>>
>>333863521
Upgrade arts/skills, read the manual, and pick your battles.

The game is also pretty hard until you get a bit in to it
>>
>>333864763
Like the manual says, it doesn't matter too much. It just determines how fast you go through ranks by doing certain tasks.
The harvesters get more points per item picked up from the blue crystals for example, while Harriers get more points than normal for killing Tyrants.
Biggest effect it has is just the online daily reward which is separated into tiers, so the team who gets the most points over all(all players in the division, not just you) get to choose from better items. Otherwise it's pretty much insignificant.

Talk to every player you come across too and request support. Gives buffs that are timed but very useful. I didn't start doing that until way later in and it feels like it would have helped some earlier struggles.
>>
Virus status
>>
>>333863521
Read the fucking manual, it's in the start menu.
>>
>>333865498
He would have to be at least 40 hours in to the game to fight something with virus infliction. He would've had an understanding by then.
>>
>>333863521
Great game but it doesn't explain fucking anything.
>>
>>333863521
Some enemies inflict the Virus status that blocks any and all ranged arts, and others can inflict heal blocks.
>>
>>333863521
Heal spell? Are you playing the right game?
>>
>playing xenoblade 3d from zero
>find out that Fiora has a exclusive clothes set in colony 9
Is a cute sundress with sandals and glasses...
Fuck them, why they do this? If I remove the set before "that" I can make melia wear it?
>>
>>333865883
Not him, but XCX does have SOME heal spells like Mindstorm, Recuperate, Repair, etc.
>>
>>333866016
each character has different looking armor, this isn't like X
>>
>>333865751
It does.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM
>>
>>333863521
Read the manual.
When the game first came out that used to be the tagline in the threads.
>>
>>333866120
How does that answers my question? I just want to know if melia can wear this dress.
>>
File: skyrim__khajiit_highway_r(...).jpg (275 KB, 801x998) Image search: [Google]
skyrim__khajiit_highway_r(...).jpg
275 KB, 801x998
The instruction manual is available in game, OP.

And the game fully expects you to make use of it.

Don't expect it to hold your hand.
>>
>>333866369
>being this dense
>>
>>333866456
Who is this spunk punk?
>>
>>333866132
>In expurgated texts, substitutions such as "read the flaming manual", "read the fine manual" or "read the friendly manual" are used
>The initialism appeared in print in 1979
>RTBM ("read the bloody manual")

kek

>>333866456
Serious question, but do you think this is a good system for explaining game mechanics?
The game had very basic tutorials, so it's not like they were opposed to it.
I'm conflicted. I'm fine with reading manuals but at the same time there's so much shit that's just glanced over in-game or not explained at all that it feels half-assed. Having a button to examine the stats in the character screen(ala dark souls etc) seems easy to implement and why not just copy/paste the manual pages from the electronic manual and just put flags in the game to show them when a new mechanic shows up?
It feels clunky to go back and forth. Made it feel like a field manual though which was kind of cool, checking back regularly.
>>
File: 1444701323759.jpg (46 KB, 526x463) Image search: [Google]
1444701323759.jpg
46 KB, 526x463
>>333866456
>that human

Holy shit that's good stuff.
>>
>>333865142
>Otherwise it's pretty much insignificant.
Getting more points powerlevels you through BLADE ranks like crazy, which is very useful
>>
>>333867358
I just never felt like I needed to I guess. I picked Harrier and did a lot of sidequests, exploring and grinding though, so maybe that choice just made it feel like a cakewalk to me.
>>
>>333866369
>>333866120

It answers your question because what it may look like while Fiora wears it, will look completely different if Melia wears it, even if it's the exact same armor.
>>
>>333865883
They exist. Smooth Recovery, Repair, an aura that causes you to heal over time...
>>
>>333864119
>art has a capital TP on it
>these only arts you seemingly can't use
You aren't smart, are you?
>>
>>333866456
Giving you a manual to read is literally holding your hand. It's just doing it in a really autistic way.
>>
>>333869239
>literally holding your hand
>manual doesn't have hands
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.