[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boktai Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: BoktaiCover.jpg (68 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
BoktaiCover.jpg
68 KB, 640x637
5th game never, 3rd game localization never edition
>>
Why does he wear shorts
>>
>>333861825
played the whole series, I think they should have kept the sneaking aspect of the first, only redeeming factor of the DS one were the bosses
>>
>>333862850
The DS one was a travesty. Boktai 2 was a genuine 9/10, but lunar knights was 2/10 at best. Ridiculously short, shit weapon and ability variety, fuckall enemy variety, garbage writing, poor artwork. Haven't played 3 since japan-only, but coming from 2, I was thoroughly disgusted. I bet it doesn't even do cool stuff like chocolate coating anymore.
>>
>>333863459
3 tries to mix the more gun focused combat from 1 and the melee aspects from 2 it's okay but they took some things away from 2 and 1(Black Django is just a glorified AOE move melee in general feels somewhat slower your gun isn't varied as it was in 1 ect ect)
>>
>tfw /v/ has shit taste in vidya and won't discuss great series
>tfw /v/ would rather make the 9999th eceleb thread instead
>nfw
>>
>>333864192
I guess that's to be expected, 3 and lunar knights came out around the same time the megaman games started suffering tremendously in quality. I guess the entire company was fucking around with their team lineups. They seem to be barely recovering today.
>>
Only reason I give a shit is because of Megaman Battle Network.

How is it? Is the series fun?
>>
>>333865137
The first two games are fantastic. 2 especially in my opinion since it has significantly more gameplay options, but 1 is also very interesting for its more limiting mix of stealth and rpg gameplay, which means hit&run tactics (not hide and reach the boss) are encouraged. I also very much like the setting and the way vampires and coffins work. There are also many secret mechanics to discover.

The idea is that you're going around exterminating vampires in arpg bossfights, while navigating through a puzzle-based dungeon to reach that boss.

If you don't have a gba, I recommend playing 1 or 2 in an emulator, but you really get the best experience by playing with the sun sensor since the sun level affect many things ingame.
>>
>>333862741
Would you wear baggy long pants when you are standing out in the sun all day?
>>
>>333865137
It is metal gear with werewolves, zombies, Giant spiders and vampire.
Bram Stoker's Metal Gear.
>>
>>333866243
plus in the second game, a lot of the areas take place around a desert
>>
>>333865137
All them are.

Boktai 1 is good the gameplay for that game is like something like a Metal gear title there's a focus on sneaking around enemies and running around dungeons solving puzzles(Hope you like blocks) and such.

2 switches shit up for a far more ARPG-like feel you lose your gun at the start of the game so you make due with melee weapons like swords spears and so on.

3 as I said already in the thread tries to both with mixed results it's still okay but not quite to par with 1 or 2.

The whole gimmick behind these games is the solar sensor which require you to go outside and play. Of course if you're living in a not so sunny area well you're shit outta luck. If you emulate them there's a patch that allows you change the bar at will.
>>
>>333866574
I remember sitting in -20C weather to get just enough sun to do the purification in winter. Stopped playing the game until summer, when I completed it. Actually had to sit in the shade then so that django didn't burn to death. Best memories.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.