[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about Duke Nukem 3D ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: duke3d03.png (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
duke3d03.png
99 KB, 640x480
What does /v/ think about Duke Nukem 3D ?
>>
Aged like milk.
>>
>>333861973
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS
>>
>>333861748

>What does /v/ think about this universally acclaimed game?

HAY GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SUPER MARIO WORLD? HURR DURR
>>
>>333861973

See this? At least that's something to get a discussion going.

He's full of it though.

Wolfenstein 3D aged badly because it's very samey, with every level looking the same. Doom, Blood, Duke 3D all are so much fun to play today.
>>
>>333861748

You will never see a game with such nonchalant machismo thanks to the SJW faggots and their enablers.
>>
>>333862429

Even Forever got shit for it. Although it was ALSO a shitty game, so I didn't care.
>>
it's bretty gud, blood is still best though
>>
File: blood - zombie shootan shotgu.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blood - zombie shootan shotgu.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>333861748

One of the best games ever made, the first chapter stages have insanely god like design, on a Doom level actually.

But for pure shotan fightan Blood is still king.
>>
File: dukex-large.jpg (59 KB, 490x519) Image search: [Google]
dukex-large.jpg
59 KB, 490x519
>>333861973
Your ass is grass.
And i've got the weed whacker.
>>
>>333861973
Why so?
>>
The greatest shooter ever made.
Very few games have even come close to its majesty and no matter how good the new game is going to be or not, it can never hope to match the fantastic nature of this seminal work of art.

Anyone who says that "Duke is an artifact of his time" needs to drown in shit.

A masterpiece.
>>
Really like it, only played it for real around 3 years ago, I remember when it came out and probably played a level or two without knowing what I was doing (I was young and didnt own the game).

So yeah, great enemy, level and weapon design. Chapter 2 is the worst of them because of the abundance of what is probably the worst enemy in the game.

Wolf 3D is the only "old as fuck classic FPS" that aged like milk to me because of how basic and repetetive it is, after that with Doom those games really started to have depth.

Quake 2 still kind of sucks to me, the enemies are just so boring to fight against.
>>
File: duke lines.png (720 KB, 483x512) Image search: [Google]
duke lines.png
720 KB, 483x512
>>333861748
One of my favorite games of all time. Spent hundreds of hours playing every map and mod I could get my hands on. Still have a blast with it to this day.
>>
>>333863005
Then why do we not see it in people's 3x3?
>>
>>333862705
he literally does not need to jump around this much

wtf is he doing?
>>
>>333861748
I don't really like it. Which is strange, it was my first "real" FPS, the game that taught me to use mouse and keyboard controls. It's a good game, just don't like it as much as, say, Doom.
>>
File: BLOOD burning cultists.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD burning cultists.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>333863432

I think you turn around better or he's just really pumped because of all the action.
>>
>>333863382
Because everyone who truly appreciates it is old enough to not fucking bother with those kinds of threads.
Everyone worth his salt knows this game. It's up there with Doom and Ultima Underworld as a seminal classic beyond reproach.
>>
File: 1460246324053.png (49 KB, 255x139) Image search: [Google]
1460246324053.png
49 KB, 255x139
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.